Quick service dining plan update!

Jumping on this dining thread... We are moving our WDW trip to USO next month. If we do QS dining plan with kids, what if there is no kids' menu - ie Classic Monster Cafe. What happens then?

I hope someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong but I think if there's no kids menu, you cant use the DP. The only counter service places that I'm aware of that have kids meals are Leaky cauldron and 3 broomsticks. We were just there this past weekend and I looked everywhere for a kids meal for my DS7 and those were the only 2 places I could find.

For those of you that have never been, there's absolutely NO reason to buy the meal plan ahead of time. You can buy it at the register anytime and you can buy as many or as little as you want. So if you just want to buy 1 adult then you can. You dont have to buy one for your whole party. So it's always best to decide want you want and if your total is around $20 then its probably worth it.

I hope someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong but I think if there's no kids menu, you cant use the DP. The only counter service places that I'm aware of that have kids meals are Leaky cauldron and 3 broomsticks. We were just there this past weekend and I looked everywhere for a kids meal for my DS7 and those were the only 2 places I could find.

For those of you that have never been, there's absolutely NO reason to buy the meal plan ahead of time. You can buy it at the register anytime and you can buy as many or as little as you want. So if you just want to buy 1 adult then you can. You dont have to buy one for your whole party. So it's always best to decide want you want and if your total is around $20 then its probably worth it.
I saw the purchase anytime thing online, but appreciate the help with the kids menu. Wow. Ok. That explains why I couldn't find prices to determine if it was worth it!

Most places do actually have a kids meal you just have to ask for it it’s not displayed. On our trip in December I know we ordered kids meals at mels thunder falls terrace both of the hp restaurants breadbox and hot dog hall of fame all using the kids dining plan as well as at volcano bays two bigger restaurants

I'm jumping on this too and hoping someone can help me figure out a few things. For example snack credits. When looking at the menus online many items have a UD next to them. But it doesn't differentiate if that's an entee UD or a snack UD. Sure in most cases it's pretty simple/obvious. But others - not so much. If an item is 9/10 dollars that would be a fantastic use of a SC, but a horrible use of a meal credit. Any up to date lists out there?

Also some menus, like in the wizarding world, don't have any UD symbols at all. But I know they take it. It's very frustrating. It's almost like they purposefully make it confusing.

I'm jumping on this too and hoping someone can help me figure out a few things. For example snack credits. When looking at the menus online many items have a UD next to them. But it doesn't differentiate if that's an entee UD or a snack UD. Sure in most cases it's pretty simple/obvious. But others - not so much. If an item is 9/10 dollars that would be a fantastic use of a SC, but a horrible use of a meal credit. Any up to date lists out there?

Also some menus, like in the wizarding world, don't have any UD symbols at all. But I know they take it. It's very frustrating. It's almost like they purposefully make it confusing.

Yep, you summed it up. Uni doesn’t want you to be smart about it and save money, so everything is vague. For items that are uncertain you have to ask. I believe everything in the wizarding world except the ploughmans platter and butterbeer in a keepsake cup are
on the plan.

Can you still get 2 snack credits with the quick service dining plan? Has anyone tried this recently?
Thanks for any info.

It is annoying - I think it is a contractual thing that they dont put the UD on there from what I heard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter