Quick service fish and chips

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
Which has better quick service - Cookes of Dublin in Disney Springs or Yorkshire County Fish Shop in Epcot? I've only had Epcot so far and it's of my must-haves every trip. But with so many booths to try at Flower & Garden I'm kind of wondering if I should get my fix at Disney Springs so I can eat other things on my Epcot Day.

We enjoy both, but Cooke’s gets a few more points In our estimation. i don’t think you can go wrong either way though.

Cooke’s for us, since they do gluten free fish and chips, just like Raglan Road. DW cannot eat those at Yorkshire County, although I have done so many times when in Epcot. I also think the fish at Cooke’s is of higher quality than whatever is now being used at Yorkshire County.

I also think the fish at Cooke’s is of higher quality than whatever is now being used at Yorkshire County.
I had heard a few years ago that Yorkshire County had switched to tilapia. Since I don't like tilapia (but I love cod) I stopped going there until I would hear that they switched back to cod. Have they?

I've had friends from Surrey, UK, and Dublin, Ireland, visit Disney with me, and both were 'meh' on the fish & chips at Yorkshire - saying they were edible but not very authentic tasting...both thought Cooke's were 'authentic style' and pretty good. We ate at Raglan Road with my Irish friends as well, and they thought the traditional fish & chips inside there were even better. Not that any of that merits special consideration - just thought the opinions of native Irish and English visitors might be interesting.

Hmm...I've only had the fish and chips at Yorkshire but it looks like I may need to give Cooke's a try on my trip in a couple months...

I had heard a few years ago that Yorkshire County had switched to tilapia. Since I don't like tilapia (but I love cod) I stopped going there until I would hear that they switched back to cod. Have they?
They switch back and forth somewhat frequently depending on what supply is available. I think it's USUALLY cod but I don't think there's any way to confirm what it will be ahead of time.

:) I like to keep my beer and cider separate, and prefer darker beers so I go for the Bombardier there. Bombardier and Guinness is good too! (have to go inside)

Yorkshire County was using Tilapia for awhile and my DH and I didn't like it at all. A few years ago I heard that they had switched to Hake which is part of the cod family. We had the fish there last May and it was delicious.

Yorkshire County was using Tilapia for awhile and my DH and I didn't like it at all. A few years ago I heard that they had switched to Hake which is part of the cod family. We had the fish there last May and it was delicious.
That's what I recall reading. They had so many complaints when they switched to Tilapia.

If you have someone in your party that doesn't like fish, the chicken tender at Cooke's are prepared like the Fish and are the best chicken tenders on property.

Thanks! Now I can go to Yorkshire County Fish Shop again!

If you have someone in your party that doesn't like fish, the chicken tender at Cooke's are prepared like the Fish and are the best chicken tenders on property.
Good seafood places tend to have good chicken tenders. They know how to fry stuff right & you can really tell the difference. Even more so when they make their chicken tenders in house (not pre-bought frozen).

Now I want some good tenders. You guys are a terrible influence.

Good seafood places tend to have good chicken tenders. They know how to fry stuff right & you can really tell the difference. Even more so when they make their chicken tenders in house (not pre-bought frozen).

Now I want some good tenders. You guys are a terrible influence.
My DH liked them . It's his pick if he doesn't want the savory pie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter