• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick trip, no parks!

One of the highlights of our Thanksgiving trip was renting a pontoon boat from the Contemporary and cruising Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. My teens loved it and it was fairly reasonable by Disney standards (around $80 for an hour). I'm shocked that this is something they still let you do!

We just landed back in Dallas today from a 4 night stay. Only did 1 park. That was Epcot on Sunday. Had tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas last, but I started feeling sick Monday and spent yesterday in the urgent care. So it turned into a 1 day park. I'm thinking about doing a trip report for it becuase it's the first time ever for us to just do 1 park on an entire trip.

But our breakdown was
Saturday (arrival day): Arrived to resort at 4ish, rode bus to MK, took monorail around loop. After 1 full loop, we got off at Contemporary and watched the fireworks from the 4th floor observation area then had dinner at Steakhouse 71.
Sunday (Day 1): Epcot full day;
Monday (Day 2): Disney Springs (started feeling sick around 7:30 after dinner at The Boathouse;
Tuesday (Day 3): Was up all night sick, spent the day in urgent care then canceled our Christmas party tickets;
Today (Departure Day): Midday flight home, so just hung around resort until our bus arrived.

I've heard that many people like to do that! My family nixed the cruise idea :( so we are back to the drawing board!
DD and I did a girls trip last year. We stayed in Clearwater in a nice resort on a beach. There are palm trees on the beach. We went to Palm pavilion several times for live music which is free with meal. They had delicious reasonable price meals. We did day trips to Tarpon Springs, Gulf Port and Ybor city. It was cheaper than Disney but also we got to see a lot of real Florida. St Augustine is planned for next year.

Attachments

• IMG_6022.jpeg
    IMG_6022.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
One of the highlights of our Thanksgiving trip was renting a pontoon boat from the Contemporary and cruising Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. My teens loved it and it was fairly reasonable by Disney standards (around $80 for an hour). I'm shocked that this is something they still let you do!
I didn’t know you could still rent boats! I thought they stopped when they nixed the sprite boats. Thank you for sharing!

I didn’t know you could still rent boats! I thought they stopped when they nixed the sprite boats. Thank you for sharing!
I'm sad we missed the sprite boats, but my family said we need to do this on every trip going forward! My kids liked playing DJ and we blasted Christmas tunes.

We just landed back in Dallas today from a 4 night stay. Only did 1 park. That was Epcot on Sunday. Had tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas last, but I started feeling sick Monday and spent yesterday in the urgent care. So it turned into a 1 day park. I'm thinking about doing a trip report for it becuase it's the first time ever for us to just do 1 park on an entire trip.

But our breakdown was
Saturday (arrival day): Arrived to resort at 4ish, rode bus to MK, took monorail around loop. After 1 full loop, we got off at Contemporary and watched the fireworks from the 4th floor observation area then had dinner at Steakhouse 71.
Monday (Day 2): Disney Springs (started feeling sick around 7:30 after dinner at The Boathouse;
Tuesday (Day 3): Was up all night sick, spent the day in urgent care then canceled our Christmas party tickets;
Today (Departure Day): Midday flight home, so just hung around resort until our bus arrived.
Sorry you got sick on vacation. Been there and it’s not fun!

This sounds perfect!

But our breakdown was
Ugh
I'm sorry you were sick on your trip :(

Here's an update, with questions!
We are only going to be at WDW for two nights and are not visiting parks. Our hope is to have two great dinners, some pool time, and discover/try some new things.

A few questions we are struggling with..
- We've never had a car on property before. How long do we have if we go to another resort for dinner? Do they kick you out?? Should we uber and leave our car at our resort? This will likely be at AKJ and BC.

-If we do something like a boat rental at the CR, will we be allowed to park there?

-Think an all star resort pool is okay for three adults to spend some time? Our other thought is PO but for the two nights it would be $300 more...

-Early breakfast recommendations on our check out day? Our flight is at noon...

Thanks for all help and suggestions. We've only stayed at an all star resort for one night before switching to our home resorts or when traveling to visit relatives and leaving the next morning. The few times we've done this we didn't use the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter