Quicksilver vs EA

maps

DIS Veteran
hi
anyone use either of these two services? which do you prefer and why?
thanks!

Yes, I have used both of these services. I like EA better because you can actually pick out the vehicle. With QS ( at least at the old offsite location) the kiosk "spit out" your vehicle assignement and told you what space to retreive it from. They are both fast and easy. MCO does not have the QS kiosk, just the counter, so I really don't know how they are assigning vehicles since the move to being onsite.

On 12/23, with my Quicksilver reservation, I was able to pick from the National aisle of SUVs. I would assume EA would be the same, since there were no kiosks, and I was told that I could have gone straight to the garage to pick my car since I was Quicksilver.

llupin,

Quicksilver is with Alamo, and EA is with National, so I am a little confused as to how you picked up a Quicksilver reservation in the National aisle.

They are two separate companies, although owned by the same parent company. Is this a new policy?:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Alamo and National are combining operations all over the country. The signs and uniforms at MCO and other locations now say Alamo/National. You can still make separate reservations, and the return areas are separate, but they share the cars.

llupin,

Thanks for the info! Just a few quick questions:

Since there's no Quicksilver kiosk at MCO, you had to go to the counter to check in I assume. But they told you you could have gone directly to the lot to pick out a car and bypass the counter?

Are there separate labeled aisles for Alamo and National? Could you have picked from either one? Is there a special Quicksilver aisle like there is an Emerald Aisle?

Thanks for your help!!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

How are you all able to use Quicksilver? Isn't this for companies only?

I can't even find it at their website. I do see programs listed for companies whether you want a corporate program or a business progam and they both say "free enrollment in Quicksilver".

I'm so confused right now.

thanks for any help!

I can't even find it at their website. I do see programs listed for companies whether you want a corporate program or a business progam and they both say "free enrollment in Quicksilver".

There was a time when anyone could join QS. Hint: anyone can be a company. :) What business would you like to own?

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
There was a time when anyone could join QS. Hint: anyone can be a company. :) What business would you like to own?

Actually, my husband is self-employed so we are officially a business. Just not a BIG one.

Could you tell me then, where would I sign up? Under 'business program".

I started to do this but I got nervous when it asked how many employees would be traveling/renting and how often.

Maybe I just am looking in the wrong place for sign up??

Thanks for all your help!

Beattyfamily,

Under "Business Travel" on Alamo.com, select the "Business Benefits Program." There are no volume commitments.

Actually, my husband is self-employed so we are officially a business. Just not a BIG one.

Don't have to be a big business. llupin pretty much covered what you need to do, but, feel free to ask any questions. :)

beattyfamily,
I joined as a small business, as I have a small business, but I don't travel. I filled out the form only, and put the least amount of travel options as was available. From the Business Benefits program, there is a link to join Quicksilver for free.:)

Good Luck!

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc ::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce::sunny:

Ok, so now after following the instructions here, I have opened a new business at my home, can I get into some sort of trouble using the code that they gave me, for my frequent business travel? ;) I wasn't planning on using it, however it came preset on the form for quick silver. I know, I am going to be to guilty to even use this card, if we rent through alamo. :rolleyes:

MKY ( off to find something here that looks like business work) :wave:

Nope, no trouble whatsoever. In fact, you can even change codes when you book, so you can get leisure rates rather than the sometimes more pricy business rates. I think you will find that with or without the QS membership, you will pay the same price, the QS just moves you along faster, nothing to feel guilty about there, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter