Rachel and Corey's Wishes Wedding 12/7/15 Update 4/20 HONEYMOON DAY 1

Caught up and following along! I love everything you've shared so far. :)

I'm so in Rachel!!! I'm so happy you are doing a report, this one will be EPIC!!!! :tinker:

Holy Cannoli, how have I missed your PJ????

Love your gown! It's very romantic and just beautiful.
I like the idea that you're going Non Traditional Christmas colors. And the Navy & Gold is very classy looking.

Following along now!

Following!! I love weddings, and a Disney wedding at that! Can't wait to read more!

On to the rest of our planning trip!

Our last day of the trip (Monday) we were going to have our engagement photos. I wanted to get LeJeune to do my hair and makeup as a trial but they had absolutely no times available when I was there. I am going to have to wing it, which scares me.

Anyways, our photographer is Ashley Jane photography. When booking my wedding, she was the first photographer I saw. I really liked her style and the other disney weddings I saw. With the escape wedding I was originally doing she was really cheap!

Ashley was set to arrive at 7:45am or so, we had an early morning getting ready. However, around 3am the morning of Corey got really sick. Throwing up and other things not to be mentioned. He was sick for a couple of hours. Finally he was able to go back to sleep. I was soo worried about this we were leaving the next day and I didn't want him to feel sick for our pictures.

Thankfully, he felt fine the next morning! A little off but otherwise fine!

I contemplated a while where we wanted to take photos/along with changing our resort 5 times. We were going to stay at Riverside and do photos there, then I thought about POP (where we fell in love wit Disney at) along with POR, then the Boardwalk, but didn't want to do double pictures there too. Our planner said you can't do engagement pictures in the parks but everyone else said you can. SO, we went with the park route! I also wanted a hotel so we did Animal Kingdom Lodge and then went to Animal Kingdom. I booked an early ADR for Tusker House so we could enter the park early. BEST decision ever! I took the $20 fee for a no show but it was so worth it.

When Ashley arrived we started at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Corey and I are not a touchy feely couple so we were a little worried about being romantic in front of someone. It is also so unnatural to take pictures together!

Needless to say the Animal Kingdom pictures did not come out the best, not because of Ashley, because of us! They were pretty stiff and I did not like the outfit I picked out.

I wish I was full smiling in this picture!

Next, we took the bus to Animal Kingdom. It came pretty quickly and got us a chance to talk to Ashley. We also both changed outfits. These pictures came out much better!

This is the picture we used for our save the dates.

I spied some photo spots at Animal Kingdom our AK Day but unfortunately they were way too sunny this early.

She made us dance!

This is the spot I was most excited about. I love these flags.

And we ended with a Mickey and Minnie meet and greet! Of course I had to meet them with her there.

And there you have it! I am pretty picture with the pictures. We look awkward in a lot of them but there are still a lot I really like.

Love your photos! You both look so happy! AK provides a beautiful and unique backdrop for sure.

I Love the photos! I will have to look into her, does she have a website?
Can't wait to keep reading!

I am glad I stumbled upon your PJ. Love your dress. You look so beautiful. Good choice! Loved reading about your planning session. The food looks really good and the cake flavour you took sound amazing. That almond crunch sounds soooo good! I really love your photo shoot at AK. I think the shots came out great! Congrats on your engagement. Can't wait to see more!

Love your photos! You both look so happy! AK provides a beautiful and unique backdrop for sure.
Thanks!! I know it was gorgeous. And very unique.
Love love love!!! I think they came out great!!
Thank you!! :)
I Love the photos! I will have to look into her, does she have a website?
Can't wait to keep reading!
Yep, she does! It should be http://ashleyjane-photographyblog.com/.
I am glad I stumbled upon your PJ. Love your dress. You look so beautiful. Good choice! Loved reading about your planning session. The food looks really good and the cake flavour you took sound amazing. That almond crunch sounds soooo good! I really love your photo shoot at AK. I think the shots came out great! Congrats on your engagement. Can't wait to see more!
Thank you soo much! Only two months left. I have been really behind with this planning journal though.
Beautiful picture you love birds!!! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo
Hiii! :) Good to see you lady!

Two weeks ago I had my wedding shower!

I have not been involved in the planning process at all. I know my mom, sister, mother in law, sister in law, and friend were involved in the planning process but I didn't really give any input besides not a lot of Disney elements. Just subtle Disney. I kept telling her not to over do because she doesn't have a lot of money but I could tell she wasn't going to listen to me.

I ended up registering at Crate & Barrel, Kohls, and Bed Bath & Beyond. I definitely got the most gifts from Kohls when I wanted that to be the least amount of gifts. Oh well. I still have a few things I want at C&B and BB&B.

The weekend of my shower turned pretty cold so I decided on my long Lilly Pulitzer Maxi Dress. I wasn't that excited about it but I ended up loving it.

The day before I had to run a lot of errands. I had to buy Spanx (those are soo expensive!!), a new strapless bra, thank you cards, and I got a mani/pedi.

I love the nude.

The shower was at my Catholic gradeschool and church in a little meeting room. I was so nervous before. I didn't want to be the center of attention and I was just nervous to have everything surrounding me for a few hours. I gotta get used to that for the wedding.

My sister does makeup and she did my makeup before we left.

The first thing I saw was

Then

Inside

This was in the middle of the room. Soo pretty!

There were a lot of collages.

There were quite a few people there when I arrived but not everyone.

My mom pinned me with my corsage.

Mother in law and sister in law

Grandma

Aunts..they are all coming to the wedding.

The first thing we did was introductions, then we all got up to eat. The food was very yummy!

Then we played our games.

There was a game to match the disney love song, a whats in your purse, a hidden mickey game(they hid five hidden mickeys throughout the party), and the back was a he said she said. If they thought I said, they would hold up this pair of lips. If they thought he said they would help us a mustache. I loved the games!!

Then my sister was going to play the video that she created for me and Corey. Sadly, the sound didn't work. I felt so bad for her.
Here is the link if you want to watch.

Instead we started opening presents, which was hectic! I haven't been to a shower in a long time but no one really watched. It was fun to open up presents and see who got me what. I already knew what I was getting but I loved opening up the presents.

We took a mini break for the cake.

My favorite flavor was amaretto with bavarian cream.

Here a few of my favorite presents.

Continued in next post

After the gifts it pretty much cleared out. A lot of people stayed behind to help out though. The shower was soo short. It was a blur. Now I know how the wedding will fill. I wanted to talk to everyone but didn't get to because there was so many people there.

Corey came to help out with the presents. Oh my gosh we got so many presents. We had three cars full of gifts.

We had some photo shoots at the end.

Bridesmaids

My BFF Emily and me

Emily's mom made all of our centerpieces. This arrangement is beautiful!!

Me with my little flower girls -- my 2nd cousin and 1st cousin.

Afterwards I still didn't have cake so I ate from the sheet.

Mustaches.

Corey and me

Mother & Me

Sister and me

After we got home and brought in out presents this is what our apartment looked like. A disaster!

This is only half of the gifts too! We had to leave half of them behind. I am excited to get all of them finally! I will be going home next weekend for my bachelorette. We are doing a painting class, then dinner out, then out to a few bars downtown.

I am so behind on this report! I haven't even gone over the details! Work has been crazy.

Here are our Wedding Weekend Details. I will put the budget too in case that helps anyone.

I am so excited for every single event!! We are having a rehearsal dinner done by Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. I went through the whole process of trying to book Big River Grille but I wasn't feeling it. The mgr wasn't being very accommodating so we decided to go with a catered event, even though it is a bit (LOT) more expensive.

Sunday Dec 6th
Wedding Rehearsal 5pm At Seabreeze Point
Rehearsal Dinner 6pm-8pm at the Attic

We are having the Chip & Dale buffet. We are substituting out the ice cream and adding the ooey gooey toffee cake from LTT. We are having an open beer & wine bar from 6pm-7:30. We are inviting all of our guests since they are traveling.

Estimated Cost: $2,643.50

Monday December 7th WEDDING DAY!

Ceremony 2:30pm at Seabreeze Point

Estimated Cost: $5,886.86

Cocktail Party 3:15-4:15 at St James Hall

We ordered the Cheese platter for the cocktail hour.

Reception 4:15-7:45pm at St James Hall

We are having the buffet at $97 per guest. We are having tomato and mozz salad, garden salad, potato tart, herb grilled veggies, parm crusted chicken, crab topped mahi mahi, and a carved to order flat iron steak. I am so excited for this! Our cake will have almond with amaretto crunch and red velvet with cream cheese.

We are having a caricature artist and Mickey Mouse as of now. Still contemplating Minnie Mouse.

Estimated Cost $8,986.31 + $556.73

Dessert Party 8:30-10pm at Rue de Paris.

We are having mini cronuts, oreo bon bons, mini almond crusted cheesecake, and jalapeno cheese pretzels! Yummy!

Estimated Cost: $2,385.91

Grand Total $20,479.31

Yikes! That is a LOT! Especially for 30 people. As of now I have to pay $8,479 for that but I would feel more comfortable if I had to pay $7,000 so I am trying to reduce the cost a little bit to at least get it under $8,000. Right now we have 26 yeses. I am really hoping we stay under 30 so I can get some of this money off of the cost.

That is not including my photographer which I am paying for.

She will be $2,400 more

That isn't including my personal floral which is $950.

That is isn't including my videographer which will be about $400 (my mom is paying for some)

That isn't including my uplights, chairs and chargers which is $500.

So yikes, I have a lot more to pay! Anxiety overload. I prefer not to think about how much everything is, i just pay it and then worry about it later.

Just a couple more updates on things that we have made decisions. I have went Etsy crazy these past two weeks. I am so excited for this to bee over so I can stop buying things.

Here were my wedding shower invites that my mom and sister bought.

Here is our Corey's snug suit. His that he ordered should hopefully fit better.

I made the decision since we took personal floral out to get two really expensive centerpieces. These are similar to what I want.

My most expensive Etsy purchase so far has been a custom made 16x20 hand painted chalk art. This is going to be put on an easel outside of Seabreeze Point by the entrance. Then I want it to be moved into the reception.

I also got this custom digital print that I am going to print out and put in 8x10s with our hash tag that my friend created. It is #chEARstothemears Our new last name will be Mears.

Here is the charger plates we ordered. They are acrylic and are only $1 per plate!

Our invitations. I originally decided not to do invitations but I really wanted them for the pictures and as a keepsake. These were expensive $250! because I had to order 25 invitations when I didn't need that many. This has been my biggest disappointment so far. I like the design but the font color was horrible. I picked it too which is sad.

I ordered this for the sweetheart table on etsy.

I ordered these for the ring bearers to carry but the tops don't stay on so I don't know if I am going to use them. Maybe just for Corey's ring. I am scared with my ring.

I made these letters (well painted them) they are going to be for our gift table.

Each of our tables is going to have a Disney love movie in a frame. That is how we are going to name the tables. It is so vintage and I love it!

I also got our bachelorette party outfits! I got these adorable t shirts made.

And I am going to wear these bridal ears.

That is it for now! I went through my pictures and pulled the wedding related ones so this is everything I have decided on or bought over the last couple of months.

Last edited:
Your details are so pretty! I love the chalkboard and I"m obsessed with the way you're doing the table names and vintage posters! So cute!

Where did you get the bachelorette shirts? I've been looking for that same design for my Disney World bachelorette party, but can only find them in tank tops on Etsy, which I'm not sure all my friends will want.

Your details are so pretty! I love the chalkboard and I"m obsessed with the way you're doing the table names and vintage posters! So cute!

Where did you get the bachelorette shirts? I've been looking for that same design for my Disney World bachelorette party, but can only find them in tank tops on Etsy, which I'm not sure all my friends will want.

Thank you!

My friend does them. She has a facebook page called BubbaBean's Crafts & More. I bought my own t shirts and shipped them to her. I based them off of the t shirts on youngandstyling with is an etsy page.

Love the details! We are doing a similar color palette for our wedding! Love the way pink and navy look together. What color is your nail polish from you mani? It is a great nude! Thanks for the update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter