Radisson room ??

Cheryl N. WI

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if anyone has stayed in the 1 bedroom whirlpool suite at the Radisson? Is there a seperate bedroom or is it just 1 larger room with a whirlpool in it? We are thinking of staying here for 1 night prior to our cruise in Jan. and on their web site I saw a rate of $99.00 for the suite and $79.00 for the standard room. If the suite has a seperate bedroom I am thinking it might be worth the extra money! If we would decide to go with the standard room is it pretty nice?

Cheryl:bounce:

I just thought of something else LOL. DD is wondering wht the pool area is like. They don't have a waterslide do they? We had been planning on splurging and staying at the YC for the 1 night because DD is dying to swim in their beautiful pool but I found out the waterslide and part of the pool there is going to be closed in Jan. so now we are looking at staying elsewhere. We are thinking about just driving to the Port (have Avis rental car and get into MCO around 12:30) and staying at the Radisson or staying at All Star Sports and going to Downtown Disney and then drive to Port first thing in the morning.

Cheryl

We stayed in the standard room and it was nice. But sister and family stayed in deluxe room with wirlpool. It does have a separate bedroom, and it is much more like a condo then a hotel room. We will defitently spend the extra 20 bucks next time. Well worth it! (In MHO) Twinave

Yep, seperate bedroom. We had 2 king beds in the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living area. There was also a kitchen/dining area. The whirlpool is right in the bedroom, not in the bathroom. The sink is also in the bedroom, but the shower and toliet are behind a door.

The suites are really nice. The Jacuzzi tub is actually in the bedroom, which is a separate room from the "living room"/kitchen area. A nice set of french doors separate the two rooms. Some suits have two king beds in the bedroom and some have one. We have stayed in both. BEWARE....when you fill the tub, DO NOT PUT ON THE JETS UNTIL THE WATER LEVEL IS ABOVE THEM...or else you will have water all over the room!!!!

Before one of our cruises is was pouring out so the kids used the jacauzzi to hang out in instead of the pool. The rooms are very nice.

Here is a some pics of the pool area at the Radisson:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47985246LQekGc

http://community.webshots.com/photo/47984596/47991372ToSZQh

MJ

The pool area is very nice with a waterfall and plenty of chairs and tables. There is a outdoor Tiki bar near the pool as well.

BEWARE....when you fill the tub, DO NOT PUT ON THE JETS UNTIL THE WATER LEVEL IS ABOVE THEM...or else you will have water all over the room!!!!
Now if you had only posted this before my October 9, one night stay!!!;)

We found out the hard way also!!!!! That's why I feel the need to share our new found knowledge!!!

MJ

Thanks for the info about the suites. They sound really nice especially for the $99.00 rate! I just booked it!

MJ, thanks for posting the links with your pictures. DD thought the pool area looked "neat"! We are actually on the Magic cruise on Jan.4 also! I've seen your posts on that thread. We are really getting excited as it's getting so close! Thanks again!

Cheryl:bounce:

While the jacuzzi was filling up with water, I was serching for a button or switch to turn on. It took a while. I was touching, pressing and pushing everything in that room. When I finally pressed the right button, you got it - we were all soaked. We still talk about this and laugh. Rooms were great and definitely worth the $.

We had a different problem with the whirlpool. We could not get enough hot water to make it relaxing. Even if we used just the hot, it wasn't warm enough. Same thing with the shower. Funny thing is, we couldn't get water that was cold enough to drink out of the sink in the little kitchen area! We would definitely stay there again, though. My kids are 6 and 8 and spent the entire afternoon in the little kids' pool playing with another little girl and a bucket!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter