Raglan Road

DanaCeppy

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I was looking for new restaurants to try on our April trip and was thinking hubby and I would enjoy raglan road but I’m not sure about our daughter. She’s 5. For anyone who has been with kids have they liked it too?

Oh yes, the dancing and music are very entertaining, and I think most 5-year-olds would love it. It's pretty noisy in there too, so no need to tell anyone to use their "indoor voice," which can be an issue at other restaurants.

My daughter at 7 was overwhelmed and did not enjoy it. Glad we brought her noise canceling headphones. Was a much better date night restaurant.

After many trips we finally tried it last year for the first time and the kids loved it! They even got up on stage to dance and ask to do it again sometime. The food was good and entire experience was enjoyed by all so def give it a try!

This is our new family favorite. You can request a more quiet room or even a table outside if you think the noise will be too much. It's a really fun place and we love the food.

We love the food but our last visit was incredibly loud. Maybe it was table location but even the non-entertainment sound was really loud and bothersome after 20 minutes or so.

I have a 5 year old son and we just tried it for the first time. He told me that it was his favorite restaraunt. I don't know if it's bc he loved clapping to the dancing or the mac & cheese. I think it's both.
The Mac and cheese is one of the reasons I was looking at going here. I always look at places that have Mac and cheese first since it’s her favorite and I know she will eat something 😂 she is doing better the older she gets with trying new things but I always have mac and cheese to fall back on lol!

I guess I'm the oddball. Although the entertainment is fun (if you get a good view), we did not enjoy the food. Maybe we caught them on a bad day but the fish was soggy and the braised beef was not nearly as good as Homecomin'. The shepherd's pie was probably the best dish we had, but nothing to write home about. It also didn't help that our table was stuck in a corner with zero view of the main stage. I know people love it but it was a one and done for us.

I guess I'm the oddball. Although the entertainment is fun (if you get a good view), we did not enjoy the food. Maybe we caught them on a bad day but the fish was soggy and the braised beef was not nearly as good as Homecomin'. The shepherd's pie was probably the best dish we had, but nothing to write home about. It also didn't help that our table was stuck in a corner with zero view of the main stage. I know people love it but it was a one and done for us.
I agree, we tried the last week in October on Sunday afternoon. It was first time there. We were placed in a odd area next to the bar around the corner so we couldn't watch the dancing but the food wasn't as good as we had hoped. I don't think we will be back either.

Good food, good atmosphere and great entertainment. Not sure about children liking it.

Excited to try it for the first time in April. Lookin to sit outside due to COVID. Has anyone had any recent issues with crowding there ?

Ours was awful too- and I’m not hard to please. My husbands meal was replaced with something else, and that was bad too. The kids got burgers and they looked like school lunches. Really disappointed. But, my daughter got asked to participate in the dance twice (before and after the food debacle, lol!), so there were some highlights.

Excited to try it for the first time in April. Lookin to sit outside due to COVID. Has anyone had any recent issues with crowding there ?
Outside is definitely the way to go, as the indoor tables don’t seem to be spaced as well as at Disney-owned restaurants. There is a musician who plays outdoors and is very fun and talented, but no dancers.

A question. Can you stop in for a drink and the entertainment without having an ADR?
In the past, outdoor seating was on a first come basis, but it is now by reservation (at least when we were there the last 2 times for dinner). I don’t believe you can just walk up to the indoor bar either, as when I checked in for our recent ADR, they asked if we would be willing to take bar seating. This may be different during non-peak dinner hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter