Rainbow Looms

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
Hey all.
i saw a few of those rubber band looms and thought they were cool. But are they easy?
i saw youtube vids about them but not sure if it's for me. lol.

those who have them, are they easy?
what are your opinions bout them?

They are very easy to use. We bought one for the kids and they sell the bracelets in the 8th grade store.

Some bracelets are more complicated than others but there are a lot of good videos out there.

I also bought a bead box organizer to keep the bands in.

I haven't done them myself however the girls I Nanny for have them and are fine with them, the older girl (9) does more harder stuff while her twin sisters (6) stay to the basics, they never need help or complain (well the twins need help with the c clip sometimes but that's it ;)

I really can't find the C clip. all the bands that i see come with the S clip which works just as fine.

I make the basic stuff. I tried the harder stuff right off the bat with the help of you tube videos but wasn't such a success.

Here's a basic one I did:

155724_4932008238638_1950278005_n.jpg

the most complex bracelet i can do is "the ladder"

I'm 58 & have been using the rainbow loom for months to make the bracelets & sell them at craft shows. Some of the bracelets are complicated but I bought a book at Michaels that explained alot. I've also used the rainbow loom website to learn to make different ones. If you have a Joann's Fabrics near you the also sell the c clips separately along with bands that work well too. It's fun but boy are they addicting!!

I just started selling mine. Haven't found a good site to sell them on yet. If you have a store please pm me and give me the link. I'd love to support you all

oh. hmm. I'm taking part in a flea market and thinking about making a whole bunch of em to sell... i was thinking $3.00 for 2 bracelets?

i have been making them. so far I have made the single 3 row one, the starburst one, the fishtail, along with ladder. I also made the heart one along with the holiday one which i didn't quite like.

Luv0fDisney said:
oh. hmm. I'm taking part in a flea market and thinking about making a whole bunch of em to sell... i was thinking $3.00 for 2 bracelets?

i have been making them. so far I have made the single 3 row one, the starburst one, the fishtail, along with ladder. I also made the heart one along with the holiday one which i didn't quite like.

Could you help me with the starburst one? Where did you learn that bracelet

Could you help me with the starburst one? Where did you learn that bracelet

This is the video DD used to learn the starburst. She watches a lot of the videos by this girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7AkI5dJzo

This was DD's first starburst (with only 1 loom)...

Rainbow Looms are very addictive. We have two looms and have purchased 20,000 bands in the last 3 months. DD and her friends make bracelets together on iPads via Facetime after school. She will be getting an iPad mini for her birthday in two weeks. It will be nice to get my iPad back in the evenings. Lol

smitch425 said:
This is the video DD used to learn the starburst. She watches a lot of the videos by this girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7AkI5dJzo

This was DD's first starburst (with only 1 loom)...

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/smitch425/media/image_zpse37613b0.jpg.html

Rainbow Looms are very addictive. We have two looms and have purchased 20,000 bands in the last 3 months. DD and her friends make bracelets together on iPads via Facetime after school. She will be getting an iPad mini for her birthday in two weeks. It will be nice to get my iPad back in the evenings. Lol

Lol she's great at those! I would love to have her help me if she wants

i used the same video as posted by the person underneath your post. sorry i didn't respond earlier.

Hey,
If you buy your bands at dollar stores, watch out. I bought 2-3 bags of red from a dollar store and they are a bit more on the plasticy then the rubbery and don't hoop well...

Another FYI: I read on the rainbow loom site that if they have had companies posing as them and one of the ways to tell is that rainbow loom only uses c clips (if you have a "rainbow loom" kit with s clips, it could be unsafe is what they said something with the bands aren't tested for something) I know like crazy loom and such have s clips but this is just for actual rainbow loom kits.

i have seen off brand looms at the mall kiosk. they wanted $14.00...ouch. the cheapest one i seen was 5.00 at five below.

Luv0fDisney said:
i have seen off brand looms at the mall kiosk. they wanted $14.00...ouch. the cheapest one i seen was 5.00 at five below.

Shut up, no way. I've got to go see that. Do they sell bands too?!

Yes they sell bands to. Basically the rainbow pack. I think it depends on the store if they sell single colors or rainbow packs. I bought two looms two weeks ago but havent seen any since then since they r popular. The looms do not come apart though. They also sell charms for the bracelets as well.

Luv0fDisney said:
Yes they sell bands to. Basically the rainbow pack. I think it depends on the store if they sell single colors or rainbow packs. I bought two looms two weeks ago but havent seen any since then since they r popular. The looms do not come apart though. They also sell charms for the bracelets as well.

They said they'll be in stock for black Friday. I checked the site.

Hi! I am 16 and just wanted to put in my two cents. In my opinion I love using S clips because I feel that there a bit more stable then C ones. Rubber bands come in tons of colors but I would suggest staying away from almost plastic looking ones, they break easily and for some designs look too loose. I also suggest getting a small metal crochet hook, which is even more stable then the plastic one that the looms and some band packages come with. Also be careful taking the bracelets off the loom, some brands of bands break easily at this part. But as long as your careful you'll be fine. I've tested out some bands by stretching them to the absolute limit and the more matte looking ones can go about 8-9 pegs without breaking. Other then that, be creative, watch YouTube videos (I recommend SoCraftastic and PaperPastels tutorials), and be careful with taking the bracelet off. ^~^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter