Rainy All Week - What to do?

Joshh8314

Earning My Ears
Have been planning this Disney trip for years and naturally its supposed to rain 6 out of the 8 days we're at Disney this coming week.

Some days it says evening showers but other days says steady showers all day. 😕

Currently highly discouraged considering the money and time to plan for this trip.

Any experience with rainy days?

Best things to do?

I'll bring ponchos, umbrellas, but the biggest thing I need is a better attitude about it.

Thanks!

I’m sorry, I was just looking at the weather and thinking of people with trips this week. Hopefully the rain isn’t sustained and you’ll have pockets of good weather. There are a lot of indoor things so try to do some of those when it’s most wet. Perhaps it will make the crowds less. Hang in there. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as you fear.

I feel you :( I've been planning our trip for so long and we missed Harmonious and extra evening hours tonight because of the rain. It was a monsoon. We sat in Le Cellier for an hour and finally gave up and walked back to boardwalk in knee deep water. The whole park was flooded. People had their shoes off because it was almost impossible to walk in sandals.

All the rides were walk on, but I just couldn't deal with being that wet. The rain just wouldn't stop.

Now I have to rearrange a bunch of plans because I had banked on getting a lot done tonight. Siiighhhh :(

I feel you :( I've been planning our trip for so long and we missed Harmonious and extra evening hours tonight because of the rain. It was a monsoon. We sat in Le Cellier for an hour and finally gave up and walked back to boardwalk in knee deep water. The whole park was flooded. People had their shoes off because it was almost impossible to walk in sandals.

All the rides were walk on, but I just couldn't deal with being that wet. The rain just wouldn't stop.

Now I have to rearrange a bunch of plans because I had banked on getting a lot done tonight. Siiighhhh :(

Really sorry to hear that. March isn't supposed to be as rainy as summer so I was suprised to see rain so many days in a row on forecast

Hoping you all get better weather too and are able get more accomplished

Thanks for sharing, I'll make sure to bring appropriate shoes for rain.

Have been planning this Disney trip for years and naturally its supposed to rain 6 out of the 8 days we're at Disney this coming week.

Currently highly discouraged considering the money and time to plan for this trip.

Best things to do?

I'll bring ponchos, umbrellas, but the biggest thing I need is a better attitude about it.

Thanks!

Even a rainy day at Disney World is better than a rainy day back home!

One of the best days at MK we had was in the rain. The crowds were so low since a lot of people left once it started raining. It wasn’t a cold rain so it was fine. We had panchos and wore shorts and waterproof sandals so we weren’t wet and stayed fairly dry. Staying dry is the key. I can’t remember if it cleared in time for fireworks but I rode so many rides that day (no lightening to stop the rides). Hope the rain this week is similar with no lightening and not cold.

Rain can have some benefits,esp. if it's warm and no lightning... less crowds, short lines= more rides! Wear water shoes/sandals, bring a waterproof backpack with some dry supplies in it, wear a good rainjacket,or a poncho..... just go with it. Since you can't control the weather,at least WDW still has plenty to do even if it's raining.

Frequently, they are short showers that cool everything off and send people home! We love a rainy day at Disney! But we don’t mind being a little wet and having messsed up hair, lol! Kids frequently talk about rainy days at Disney and how much fun they are.

Like MinBz above, one of my best WDW days was a rainy day at MK. Crowds were low and I could walk on to almost everything, often several times in a row. I was in a good rain jacket with quick-dry capris and sports sandals, so I was pretty comfortable. Being able to do everything I wanted, go anywhere without crowds, and even stomp in a few puddles - it was a very fun day.

I might feel differently if I had small children who would be harder to keep dry or who might get cold easier, but I would leap at the opportunity to do MK on a rainy day again.

Do the outside rides when you can! Some will operate in the rain, others close (if lightning is in the area, all outside attractions will close). If there is an outside ride you really want to do, do it before the rain. Like others have said, have ponchos (not the cheap $1 ones if lots of rain is forecast) and waterproof footwear (I bring a pair of Croc flip flops in my Loungefly backpack, they are really lightweight and don't take up much room). It may not be ideal, but unfortunately we can't do much about the weather.

In over 38 years of going to WDW, I have maybe had one trip when it didn't rain at least one day. Since I tend to go in either April or Sept. it always rains. We had a trip in Sept. last year where it rained every day, some days just quick pop up showers, some days hard steady rain for about a hour, some days multiple pop up showers, some days steady rain/drizzle all day. It was hot and steamy and we had a 5 month old baby in in a stroller. The stroller had a regular cover and we put a plastic rain cover on it when it got too bad and left a little gap for air flow or propped a huge umbrella over it, put on ponchos or carried umbrellas and went about our days. I tend to always carry a cheap disposable poncho somewhere on my person, even if rain isn't predicted - either in a pocket if I have them or in a fanny pack. If heavy rain is predicted, I have a full length rain coat (kind of like the ones the CMs wear) that I take with me. Covers me completely up and when it's not raining I just fold it inside out and tuck it in a belt loop if I have one or the strap of my fanny pack. If it's supposed to be pop up showers, I either use a Disney poncho I've had for years and again either fold it in a fanny pack in a zip lock or in a belt loop or carry a small umbrella with a wrist strap. I always wear either Clark's flip flops or some kind of Teva type sandals and just go with it. I have been known to take my shoes off and splash in puddles. Always have at least two pairs of shoes, three is better if you can.

The second time I took DH to WDW, it was October and it rained every day. Ponchos weren't cutting it. We both bought raincoats in the Helly Hansen shop in Norway. Best investment ever! I wore that jacket until the wheels fell off. I loved it so much that I bought another one that I still wear.

We made the best of it and enjoyed every minute of our trip. The sun came out as we were going to the airport to come home, of course. So much for Florida being the Sunshine State on that trip.

I know this is an old thread but I am going to be back home the week of 3/18 and it looks to be a wet week right now this is a great thread to help brighten my wives mood

Bring a waterproof bag for your things and get rain covers for your shoes. Enjoy the lower crowds and try to make the best of it.

IMO, some of our best Disney days have been in the rain, especially when we planned for it and could just embrace it. We put on our tevas, poncho, and carry an umbrella and backpack cover and just go with it. AK easy to do in the rain, unless it starts thundering. Good luck!

Best things to do?

Thanks!
I will add bring extra shoes. I wound up throwing my sneakers away. They were just ruined. Crocs or Tevas are good in rain. Bring zip lock bags for phone and any cards or cash. My DH had dollars hung up like laundry. lol
We typically just keep on going . Oh also keep something dry and cozy if you decide to gon inside where there is ac. We decided to go to the AMC theater where you can dine and watch a Disney movie. It was dry but we were damp and froze!
It’s also kinda fun to do the wetter rides. You are already wet so t can’t get much worse. As long as there is no lightning we also swim at the resort. This time of year the water will be heated.
Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter