• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random Check In Timing Question.

nat8199

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are officially staying at the Hard Rock for Club Level for 4 nights in Mar. We are staying with my grandmother for 3-4 nights before we go in Jacksonville. That will be all of us in one room or some on the floor in the living room, trying to be quiet and not wake her early etc.

So now we are thinking of using points to stay at a Hilton down the street the night before we check-in and doing the 3hr drive that day instead of check-in day. We will have a rental van we are turning in at the Hard Rock.

If we do this, would this make sense/be worth it for this plan:

1) Wake up early (kids up by 6am no matter what), eat at Hilton, drive to HR.
2) Check-in, but leave stuff in van. Get everything we need to go to early Harry Potter hours. Don't know if this is an option? We will have tickets for this day.
3) Go back to HR when room is available, move stuff from van, return van, see what we want to do next.

I am just brainstorming this idea now, so I would love any feedback. This is our first trip to Universal and we are very very very excited about all things Harry Potter.

Yes, you can check in early, get your room key express passes, and head to the parks. If you are concerned about leaving stuff in the van, bell services can hold it for you. When I have done this, I have not been able to do room charges that early, and sometimes they give me a new room key when I go back when the room is ready.

They may try to charge you for parking that day.

I like what Georgina posted

Think you wrote you were turning in the rental van at HRH

Check in at the hotel, have Bell services hold your luggage
Go to the car rental desk in the lobby to turn in the car
No parking charges then

I like what Georgina posted

Think you wrote you were turning in the rental van at HRH

Check in at the hotel, have Bell services home your luggage
Go to the car rental desk in the lobby to turn in the car
No parking charges then

I hadn’t thought of parking charges! Thank you. We will just have to have the van very organized that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter