• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random Fun Facts =]

I<3stitch626

Mouseketeer
not sure if there is already a thread in existence like this...if so my apologizes

I've always been interested in random fun facts and figured a thread sharing random disney facts might be fun
so anyone with interesting fun facts about anything disney can post here :)

my interesting fact for today (ref of Walt Disney World Triva Book vol 2):
Spaceship Earth is 165 ft in diameter and can actually fit in the Living Seas if the water, fish, coral, etc was removed

Random Magic Kingdom Fact

when walking down Main St. USA towards the castle the LEFT sidewalk is twice as big, because according to there studies most people walk on the left side of the street.

Another Random Magic Kingdom fact

All the music in the Magic Kingdom is to the same tempo, no matter where you are in the park the tempo of the music is the same, the music might be different but your ears wont be able to tell the difference because the Tempo never changes

Last Random Magic Kingdom Fact for today

The Statues ontop and around the Haunted mansion are chess peices

Another interesting one:
At the Garden Grill during breakfast the floor rotates faster than during dinner. They figure it takes less time to eat breakfast and want every guest to have a full rotation around.

the names on the windows on main street usa building are the names of the creators of the park.

Not sure which is true but...

When walking down Main St. USA, the streets are red because the red color enhances the green grass

or

the streets are red so when celebrities walk down the street they feel like they are walking on the red carpet.

Like I said, not sure which is true but both of them are pretty neat. :goodvibes

Not sure which is true but...

When walking down Main St. USA, the streets are red because the red color enhances the green grass

or

the streets are red so when celebrities walk down the street they feel like they are walking on the red carpet.

Like I said, not sure which is true but both of them are pretty neat. :goodvibes

I believe it's the red carpet. The entrance is set up like a theater. You can't see the castle from the outside because the train station is the curtain. As you walk in there are the posters for advertisements. The credits are located on the windows like ChickenCarlos stated. There are a lot of details I never noticed until I took the Keys to the Kingdom.

One of my favorites is that Main Street is actually tilted downward to allow guests to walk faster when they leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter