Rant: The new Costco milk containers

We had a small local chain that used to sell their milk in 1/2 gallon plastic bags. I think it was for cheaper packaging. You'd buy a pitcher from them, then drop the bag into the pitcher and snip the corner. The pitcher had a slot to slide the open corner into to seal it. I guess it was also less waste. The pitcher, of course, you would keep and refill as needed.
You in Canada by chance. In Ontario most milk is sold this way. Some parts of BC too.

I hadn't seen these before, and I hope my grocery store stays away from them. I'd rather waste space in the truck than milk on the floor!

You in Canada by chance. In Ontario most milk is sold this way. Some parts of BC too.
They always had something other than a jug of milk when I visited my cousins in Saskatchewan. I also remember not seeing skim milk or 2% milk in the 1960's and 1970's in Canada. My cousins always commented the milk tasted funny when they came to California to visit because my mom always bought skim milk. I think one of my Uncles at the time said it was illegal in Saskatchewan to sell anything with less butter fat than whole milk. And I know one Aunt didn't buy a lot of whole milk, just what was called "cream milk" which I think is know in the states as half and half.

Milk in the UK is packaged in bottles that look like this:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

(obviously minus the big 4 DAYS thing in the corner)

The huge gallon bottles look so difficult to pour out without spilling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter