Rate Glitch on Disney Reservation Site - Kind of Spooky

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Have you guys seen over on the Resort Codes/Rates Board where they are talking about a glitch on Disney's online Florida Resident booking site. They are getting unbelieveable deals on CSR and I think CBR.

With all this talk of putting DVC online, I think that is kind of spooky when you see something like this happening. I think the DVC system would be a whole lot more complicated than just booking a regular room.

Don't know if anyone has gotten a rate glitch on a DVC room or not.

From what I read, it was pretty much mods and value... the more adults and more nights made it come out a better deal BECAUSE:

the room rate quoted was reasonable

BUT

the amount for the tax was being SUBTRACTED from the rate instead of added to get the total (and it may have been miscalculated high as well)

SO, the number of nights times the rate MINUS the tax was bringing up low totals with relatively tiny deposits (some just under $11).

Folks are putting a lot of faith in the "Balance due at check-in" statement... some seem to think Disney will be bound to this amount... others say Disney can adjust because it was a tax miscalculation, and that folks are agreeing to a room "rate".

Forgot to add that someone came up with a 12 night stay at CSR (I think) that had Disney paying them!

OMG ! That is to funny, i think heck, for that i would go with the 12+ days and let wdw pay for it, matter of fact i would get two rooms, one for the kids one for adults :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It would be about my luck if DVC goes online that my points would end up somewhere in la la land. :badpc:

I saw that post where someone said Disney was paying them to stay at CSR. I wonder if somebody hacked into the site or if it was just a programming glitch? Pretty interesting.

i am always looking and planning trips and i never or to late for great deals. :rolleyes: :rotfl: help lucky travel fairy i need pixie dust .... :rotfl:

One of the DTD hotels had a room rate glitch a while back (.79 per night instead of $79 or something equally wrong) but they honored the rate.

But sounds like this one is not a room rate disclosure. I would doubt that a calculation error on sales tax would cause WDW to have to honor a different rate. But just guessing!

Anyone heard anything else about this today? Wonder if Disney will honor the prices? Can you imagine having Disney pay you to come stay! Now, that's a vacation deal.

Im wondering too!

It will definitely mess up the availability for Non Florida residents. Between this and Free Dining, WDW is going to be packed!

I was reading the other thread on the Resorts Board and I just hope the poor frontline CM's dont bear the brunt of this mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter