READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be videos on youtube of people getting boarding passes.

I'm LINKING THIS ONE because I just watched it.
I see that he ended up waiting under the Mickey globe based on a "Speedtest" reading. Someone upthread was saying, if I remember right, that underneath the awning on the right side of the Chinese theatre was a good spot. TBH, I am still seriously thinking about the walking path up to the Boardwalk to use their wifi for a better connection. He states that he got into DHS at 6:35 a.m., which I believe leaves enough time to reach Boardwalk at a purposeful pace.

IT has been linked to my MDE, I just don't have a MagicBand/hard copy ticket. Sorry should've mentioned that too @AngiTN and @panda123
Ah
I'm not sure how Disney handles e-tickets
I've never entered around someone using one
I'd go with enough time to hit GS just in case

or, buy one of the cheapest magic bands and link to your mde

No worries, that’s a good question. It stands for Guest Experience Team.

This is something relatively new in the parks (rolled out over the last year or so). They have blue shirts and are stationed around a blue umbrella at various spots around the parks (they aren’t just at DHS, they are at all of them). They have iPads (or whatever handheld electronic they use) and are equipped to handle various guest relations needs.
Except EPCOT -

wait, so as someone who hasn't ridden the ride yet, are you saying there aren't any penguins in the attraction?
There was some earlier leaked information suggesting a penguin at the end of the ride singing something along the lines of “You’ve got a Finn and Rey” - but I might be confusing that with an entirely different ride at DHS. FF5D0F8F-53F4-4EA7-969A-45EBD184E15B.jpeg

Anxiously looking forward to see what happens with BGs this week and if the quick fill-ups are here to stay.

No. Everyone who wants to ride must enter the park (scan their ticket/band and finger). Then once the boarding groups open you can join one and select your party members who are in the park to join the group. You cannot join a group and add members later.

There might be videos on youtube of people getting boarding passes.

I'm LINKING THIS ONE because I just watched it.

I‘ve been “practicing“ at home in anticipation of my visit to DHS on Thursday. As opening time has approached I have gotten to the screen to select my party by clicking on “find out more” and then the back arrow if “Join Boarding Group” was grayed out and repeating until the “Join Boarding Group “ button turned red. I then select my party and, of course, am rejected because we aren’t in the park.

In this video the guy said he pushed on “my status” not “Join Boarding Group” and found that he was in a group. Does that work? Is it better?

This penguin phenomena is too much!!! 🐧🐧 Sorry that I missed it when we were there over Christmas!!

I've been trying to catch up on this thread and it's certainly anxiety inducing. There has to be a better way to do this. A way that benefits those of us that prepare ahead of time and people that decide to go last minute. Maybe distribute 80% of boarding passes with fastpasses 65 days out. This lets you plan the day (and your 60 day fastpasses) knowing if (and having a basic idea of when) you are in HS. The other 20% could be distributed a week out via a lottery that you can only enter if you don't already have a boarding pass. This rewards people that plan ahead but still gives spur of the moment people (and those that get shut out at 65 days) a fighting chance.

As for me, I'll be there with my wife at the end of January for two days. 1st day is HS/Epcot, second is MK. We always get to the park before opening and usually do three or four major rides in the early morning, then switch to our fastpass park (in this case Epcot starting at 1pm). Looks like this (doing a bunch of rides in the morning) wont happen because of the amount of people at HS each morning. I guess we will adapt on the fly based on what (if any) boarding group we get. In a worse case scenario we don't get a pass, jump on Slinky coaster, wait for Millenium Falcon, then just do Epcot.

You definitely need physical media to enter the park. GR CMs made multiple announcements to get that sorted out ASAP while I waited in line to tap into DHS on the mornings I rode RotR.
Glad I'm going at 5:15 tomorrrow then (will likely get to the park then around 5:30/5:45 which is hopefully more than enough time :S given the crowds I really don't know anymore. Even with the "Oh kids back at school" thing I still am guessing it'll be ridiculously crowded.

Glad I'm going at 5:15 tomorrrow then (will likely get to the park then around 5:30/5:45 which is hopefully more than enough time :S given the crowds I really don't know anymore. Even with the "Oh kids back at school" thing I still am guessing it'll be ridiculously crowded.
Good luck! I think you should be able to get the physical card and enter the park before BGs are turned on if you arrive at that time. 👍

I bet Starbucks is enjoying the increased revenue this craziness has brought. The lines when I was there for the opening were insane.
I guess to bring back on topic, yes Starbucks is opened prior to the official start time of the park so your can get caffeine to assist with the fast a furious pace one needs to obtain a BG.
And lyft/uber has probably quadrupled in 1 month.
I've lost count how many posts said they used lyft to HS, joined a BG and then took lyft back to room for sleep, and called another lyft later when BG called.

So, just to recap the process for everyone...

Wake your spouse and kids up at dawn and get them out the door:

BCCEFCC7-7F23-4D40-98F2-AF7977977E0D.gif

Once at DHS, quickly find the bag check line:

33D66B4B-7A47-4445-AB8A-52094D2E0255.gif

And then stay to your right as you go through the tapstyles:

476FB4F7-D4EC-4E76-AB01-9A4C3B673988.gif

Once inside, join the mob on Hollywood Blvd:

2346B78A-EFB8-4392-A30D-3F9F6586657F.gif

Or, quickly head out of the park in search of a better WiFi connection:

062DCF07-CE04-44AF-ADB1-A4FF4C9FF5E6.gif

As park opening approaches, refresh the app many, many, many times:

3FA5B923-26B9-45A4-92B8-86D651CFF362.gif

You can even ask your mom at home to help you:

B2089F61-8EA7-4625-B381-F38990FAB30C.gif

If you obtain an elusive boarding group, celebrate:

89F43E7E-0437-47ED-A340-83E039A75A6B.gif

If you don’t get a boarding group, try to keep your cool as you find a GET CM:

75AFEE78-B2EA-4228-9505-AC1DD8BD431A.gif

OK, I think that pretty much covers it. Good luck to everyone trying in the morning!!!

Ugh, all these recent stuff is making me nervous about our trip, and it’s not until May.

I know I post their stuff too much, but I think Blog Mickey usually does a good job presenting relevant/factual information and visuals on many park things - here is their experience from yesterday:

This doesn’t seem to be a very accurate analysis. Actually seems like surprisingly bad analysis and makes me question just about anything written on that site.

I highly doubt that there are 67% more people in the park (or anywhere near that number) merely as a result of them opening the park tapstiles at 6:10 instead of 6:30. If you figure it takes 15-20 minutes to get the hordes of people that have arrived in line by 6:30 into the park, then anyone who arrives through security by around 6:55 should make it into the park by 7:00 for the BG process. If they open the tapstiles at 6:10 and all else is equal, It’s likely that, once again, anyone through security by 6:55 should get in the park for the BG process.

So, opening the tapstiles at 6:10 vs. 6:30 likely has almost no impact on the number of people in the park at 7:00 BG time. Now it’s possible and even likely that Disney opened the tapstiles early as a response to a larger crowd. But opening the gate early doesn’t create larger crowds in the park at 7:00. More people coming and showing up at the gate by 6:55 creates larger crowds and more competition for BGs.

That’s just bad analysis In that article and reeks of a blogger just writing to fill space.

This is frightening to think those BG’s are gone in like 1-2 minutes !!! Oh well I’m ready that’s why I’m going to chill at the resort for a few days to make sure I’m there early!!

This doesn’t seem to be a very accurate analysis. Actually seems like surprisingly bad analysis and makes me question just about anything written on that site.

I highly doubt that there are 67% more people in the park (or anywhere near that number) merely as a result of them opening the park tapstiles at 6:10 instead of 6:30. If you figure it takes 15-20 minutes to get the hordes of people that have arrived in line by 6:30 into the park, then anyone who arrives through security by around 6:55 should make it into the park by 7:00 for the BG process. If they open the tapstiles at 6:10 and all else is equal, It’s likely that, once again, anyone through security by 6:55 should get in the park for the BG process.

So, opening the tapstiles at 6:10 vs. 6:30 likely has almost no impact on the number of people in the park at 7:00 BG time. Now it’s possible and even likely that Disney opened the tapstiles early as a response to a larger crowd. But opening the gate early doesn’t create larger crowds in the park at 7:00. More people coming and showing up at the gate by 6:55 creates larger crowds and more competition for BGs.

That’s just bad analysis In that article and reeks of a blogger just writing to fill space.
This was my assessment as well. That 67% figure is just dumb. What it alleviates is long lines for people showing up at 6:40. It seems from some of the stories posted that around 6:45 you can practically stroll right into the park. I’d agree that opening tapstiles early probably has a minimal affect on the number of people in the park by 7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter