READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, from reports we’ve gotten, this screen may appear even if you are in the park. In that case, tap “Remove Guest From Party” and move forward with obtaining a boarding group for the guests that are recognized.

I definitely recommend practicing at home before the big day as it’s super helpful to work your way through the actual process.
So if one person out of our party could not be added to the boarding group even though they are in the park at the initial tap in, one would go to a CM to add them to the group. Or would they just have to settle for a later BG number after trying another time to tap in?

So if one person out of our party could not be added to the boarding group even though they are in the park at the initial tap in, one would go to a CM to add them to the group. Or would they just have to settle for a later BG number after trying another time to tap in?
There have been reports of CM’s adding them to the group as long as they are in the Park.

[
My family arrived 6:25am got through turnstiles at 6:48am on Friday Jan 3. No bags. That is 23 minutes. If you have that one person ahead of you having problems scanning their band it can be much longer.

Thank you. That’s exactly what I was trying to say. The fact that they’re back to fingerprint scanning and sometimes that doesn’t work or people forget which finger they first used, it can cause delays.

I have a question about selecting the members of your party. My MDE account has DH, DS & I and it also has my parents from a few years ago when they traveled with us. When we book fastpasses, they always show up on the list and we just don't select them. I'm assuming they will show up on the list when we try to get a boarding group? (first HS day is January 12)

I was thinking it would make sense to remove them from MDE, but when I try it tells me I can't because they have current plans - this makes no sense, they haven't been there for a few years. I'm using the website version since I'm more comfortable with that. I've looked around and can't see anything that could be considered plans for them. They each show up with 1 inactive magic band each. They are not in my planning party for this trip, obviously they do not have any fastpasses. Any ideas?

The only reason I care is to speed up the BG process on the 12th. It would be faster to be able to select ALL rather than go through and select each of us and skip them. Otherwise, just ignoring them when I'm doing other stuff works just fine.

Yes they will show up on the list. The day before we arrived I removed those from my group who wouldn’t be with us. I would just call Disney’s IT department and have them remove those other family members.

I didn’t have to select anyone in my group, we were already highlighted. But if you have 20 people in your Friends and Family List and you have to deselect 18 of those people then yes it will affect your group number for the ride because it takes time to remove them.

My group (43) was called about 10 minutes ago. Headed in now!

Whatever they do for MMRR, we will try to be there ahead of the pack to be able to ride. I suspect it’ll be like Smuggler’s Run. No FP and no BG. Or, only able to join a BG for 1 or the other.

be interesting if they go that route and then you have FP tiers in the park plus being able to join 1 of the 2 "virtual queues" ... might help spread crowds a bit but then just more things to have to navigate

Personally, this is what I would do:
Seek out a CM right away while also trying to secure a boarding group for the unrecognized person. Hopefully the CM can move the unrecognized person into the earlier boarding group. But, in the meantime I’d still work on getting them a BG just in case you get a less-than-helpful CM who won’t add them to the earlier group.

We rode on Saturday using a recovery fastpass from Friday. Our experience on Friday was unpleasant. Up early, massive crowds at the gate and in the park, a gridlocked park at seven am. We rode Star Tours and used our fastpass for Toy Story And then fled to the pool. Never did get called that day. The next day we went over mid morning to ride without incident.

The ride was good, but not mind blowing as described, in my family’s opinion only. It certainly wasn’t worth the great lengths we had to go to in order to ride. It’s not something we will go through again. I’ll wait for fast pass to come online before riding again.

What’s really too bad is how mornings at HS have been utterly spoiled. There is no magic hour at the beginning of the day where touring is easy. It’s a mad house right out of the gate.

Going forward, we will pop into HS for a fast pass or two and then escape. It’s really unpleasant there right now. Park hoppers seem to be essential to avoid being held prisoner in HS.

We rode on Saturday using a recovery fastpass from Friday. Our experience on Friday was unpleasant. Up early, massive crowds at the gate and in the park, a gridlocked park at seven am. We rode Star Tours and used our fastpass for Toy Story And then fled to the pool. Never did get called that day. The next day we went over mid morning to ride without incident.

The ride was good, but not mind blowing as described, in my family’s opinion only. It certainly wasn’t worth the great lengths we had to go to in order to ride. It’s not something we will go through again. I’ll wait for fast pass to come online before riding again.

What’s really too bad is how mornings at HS have been utterly spoiled. There is no magic hour at the beginning of the day where touring is easy. It’s a mad house right out of the gate.

Going forward, we will pop into HS for a fast pass or two and then escape. It’s really unpleasant there right now. Park hoppers seem to be essential to avoid being held prisoner in HS.

It is definitely messing with 'rope drop" as people are sticking around and seems like standby for even ToT and RnRC are building quickly as well

Does seem like from reports that evenings can still be rather nice with reported short waits for even MFSR so it seems like that last hour before the park closes is now the time for that (assuming you don't do Fantasmic!, etc.

We will be hitting DHS on MLK day (ya, I know, not great but what we have...). We planned on getting there early like everyone else to get in for the boarding group. I was also told it is recommended to do rope drop for MFSR. Is it recommended to get in, get on MDE instantly and get BG and then head to ride or head to ride and get in line and then try for boarding group? Advice greatly appreciated!

We will be hitting DHS on MLK day (ya, I know, not great but what we have...). We planned on getting there early like everyone else to get in for the boarding group. I was also told it is recommended to do rope drop for MFSR. Is it recommended to get in, get on MDE instantly and get BG and then head to ride or head to ride and get in line and then try for boarding group? Advice greatly appreciated!
I believe they are saying the crowd is held for a few minutes so guests can get BG’s before you can get in any line.
You will probably want to arrive very early to be at the front of that crowd.

Thinking about MMRR opening ...
I know when Galaxy’s Edge opened
they used BG’s the first day and they have done this for RotR since the day it opened.
How far in advance did Disney announce that they were doing BG’s for the land? For RotR?
This might give us an idea if BG’s will be used for MMRR

My group has been called and I’m now in line to ride!

I entered via the far right tapstile when I arrived this morning and no fingerprint scan was required to enter. The line was one of the shortest lines and moved very quick. It seems strange that some lines require fingerprint scans and some don’t. I chose the far right lines both times I have arrived to secure a boarding group and didn’t need to fingerprint either time.

I hope not. We are getting off a cruise at 7:30 AM and are going to try and get to the park for open or very shortly after. Its probably a long shot we can get BG at 9:00 open, 8:00 is almost guaranteed failure.
how are you getting from the ship there? We are on a cruise docking at 6 on Jan 28 but booked transport with RCCL that only leaves port at 7:30 so that's a lot of wasted time and delay in getting to HWS. But the car rental places only open at 7:30 so that wouldn't be faster. HWS was originally open at 9 that day but it changed to 8 a few weeks ago so I'm not holding out hope to join a BG although really, really, really want one lol.

I have a question about selecting the members of your party. My MDE account has DH, DS & I and it also has my parents from a few years ago when they traveled with us. When we book fastpasses, they always show up on the list and we just don't select them. I'm assuming they will show up on the list when we try to get a boarding group? (first HS day is January 12)

I was thinking it would make sense to remove them from MDE, but when I try it tells me I can't because they have current plans - this makes no sense, they haven't been there for a few years. I'm using the website version since I'm more comfortable with that. I've looked around and can't see anything that could be considered plans for them. They each show up with 1 inactive magic band each. They are not in my planning party for this trip, obviously they do not have any fastpasses. Any ideas?

The only reason I care is to speed up the BG process on the 12th. It would be faster to be able to select ALL
I removed everyone on my list except DH and I from my account yesterday to help speed things up for our upcoming visit (it’s just us this trip - we can add anyone else back later). That second or two saved seems pretty precious! In your situation, since you’re unable to remove them in your own, I’d call and see if a CM can remove them. Best of luck getting a BG!

Left BCV walking 6:28
Thru no bag sec check 6:47
Thru tapstiles 6:55
BG 45 (Verizon)

One note: when going to the boarding join screen immediately after official open — If Join Boarding is grey, but you see a “preparing boarding” indicated - give it a couple seconds before refreshing - it might turn red seconds later without refreshing. Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter