• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With BGs going in a minute the last two days, I wouldn't risk trying to intentionally get a later BG. You might end up with a backup group that never gets called or, worse, no BG at all.

Take what you get and if it looks like it's not going to fit in with the rest of your schedule, talk with a GET CM. They've been very accommodating.

Yup I agree with this.

Things fluctuate way too much to attempt any sort of timing strategy. I think this goes for everyone, try your best to get a BG as quickly as possible and see GET CMs for help working around any specific conflicts or needs you have. Doesn’t hurt to ask even if you think the answer is no, and I think their hands are probably tied if you completely missed out on regular groups/a group.

With BGs going in a minute the last two days, I wouldn't risk trying to intentionally get a later BG. You might end up with a backup group that never gets called or, worse, no BG at all.

Take what you get and if it looks like it's not going to fit in with the rest of your schedule, talk with a GET CM. They've been very accommodating.
I appreciate that. I'll for sure get there at park opening and get a BG. I do have multiple days following where we could make it happen, so it's not critical, just ideal for us.
On another note... do you know if ROTR is running during the PM after hours?

I appreciate that. I'll for sure get there at park opening and get a BG. I do have multiple days following where we could make it happen, so it's not critical, just ideal for us.
On another note... do you know if ROTR is running during the PM after hours?
It’s not running during emh and they typically stop calling boarding groups 2 hours before park close.

Talked with CM. She said BG limited because they knew there were issues. I had issues getting BG. It kept telling me my group was not in. She said dont log into app early. Of course when you only have 1 minute that doesn't give you much time to get onto the app.

I will be in a group with two young kids that can not ride. I guess since we have a two hour window some of our party will get on and then the rest can after they’re off so someone can always be watching the kids. Does anyone know if this is how that works or is there kid swap?

I will be in a group with two young kids that can not ride. I guess since we have a two hour window some of our party will get on and then the rest can after they’re off so someone can always be watching the kids. Does anyone know if this is how that works or is there kid swap?

There is rider switch, but everybody who wants to use it still needs to be in the BG.

BG 25 called at 2:13 p.m. Hotfooted it from the end of ETWB and bus came in maybe 5 minutes. Entered queue around 3:15, no problems that I could discern.

Feel bad for all the high-numbered BGs. This has been a tough day for ride efficiency. 😟

BG 25 called at 2:13 p.m. Hotfooted it from the end of ETWB and bus came in maybe 5 minutes. Entered queue around 3:15, no problems that I could discern.

Feel bad for all the high-numbered BGs. This has been a tough day for ride efficiency. 😟
I hope they at least make it through the regular BGs.

Now I just don't know what to do on Friday. You are the only people I can brainstorm with so please allow me to do so. I have Saturday as a HS day so will go through the whole thing again. But Friday I was hoping to just hang out at epcot. I can do the BG hunt before I go but I'm just not sure I want to spend the day watching my app. I just want to ride once out of the 3 days and i will leave orlando happy. What if saturday is like today. I just never imagined it wouldn't open.

By the way I've tried to be kind to CM. I spoke to RotR CM about those cool coats instead of asking why it wasn't open and smiled at the MFSR CM who told me single rider wasn't open. I tried to imagine they were someone's daughters.

You can receive “push notifications”- which means you don’t have to watch your phone at all. You will get a “ping” when you get a noticed that your boarding group is called, and you have two hours to arrive to the ride from then. Of course, I had my app open for fast passes anyway, and saw that they were on 44, so I started walking that way since I knew I was next!

The pace of calling back BGs has slowed. I assume due to more and more people returning. (Among the lines of what @Iowamomof4 said)

4:37 = BG 60. 25 more to hit all regular BGs today.

With the new 9am opening what do you guys think is now the suggested time to arrive at HOS entrance now that we more data. 7:30-45?

Thanks

With the new 9am opening what do you guys think is now the suggested time to arrive at HOS entrance now that we more data. 7:30-45?

Thanks
Ours was originally a 0800 opening, but changed to 0700 a couple of weeks prior. We got here at 0615 and honestly could've waited a little longer bc all we wanted was a BG. I tend to freak out a little, so I'd say no less than 45 min. I say that to adjust for traffic. It was a CF this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter