READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking where you stand, I honestly don't think it matters as long as you have reception.

When I got both BG 2 and 5, I was in the middle of the mob waiting to get in TSL. Between the Walt Disney Presents auditorium and the little mermaid.

i agree - check your phone (your specific phone and your specific carrier) and see where the best data reception is and do your best to be in an area with the best reception you can find

One tip I did hear is that if you must use wifi (or find your carrier is not good in the park or whatever) then being near a tapstyle can often have the best wifi (so near where a ride entrance might be or something) - not sure how practical that is though

sorry if this has been asked before but is there any chance that all the BG "practicing" at home is affecting the app at all in terms of people not seeing active buttons for "join a boarding group" or "my status" for people in the park?

Repeating what I posted earlier today, unless I am missing something or have had an abnormal experience, if you push the My Status button, the “Join A Boarding Group” button that appears on the next screen will NEVER turn red. It is active when it is not grayed out.

I hope nobody in the park looking for a BG has backed out of that screen because they were waiting for a red button.

I have experienced the same thing - it goes from being sort of faded to a brighter blue outline/words (isn't super obvious compared to the button on the prior page that very clearly turns a solid red)

sorry if this has been asked before but is there any chance that all the BG "practicing" at home is affecting the app at all in terms of people not seeing active buttons for "join a boarding group" or "my status" for people in the park?

I don't believe so at all. It's really an incredibly small number compared to the literal THOUSANDS of people inside Hollywood Studios on any given morning.

Anyone have tips for someone staying at Art of Animation and getting to the park before open so we can get our Boarding Groups I heard that the buses aren't going and the Skyliner won't be running before the park opens. Is Minnie Bus Etc the best way to ensure we are the before rope drop?

Anyone have tips for someone staying at Art of Animation and getting to the park before open so we can get our Boarding Groups I heard that the buses aren't going and the Skyliner won't be running before the park opens. Is Minnie Bus Etc the best way to ensure we are the before rope drop?

Buses will be running. Not sure where you heard they wouldn't. If you're really concerned though, Uber/Lyft/Taxi is also an option.

Bad memory the buses are less frequent not discontinued never mind.

Buses run more often when the Skyliner isn't operating. They SHOULD come at least every 20 minutes before park opening, though obviously exceptions do occur. My plan, assuming park opening at 8 when we go in April, will be to be at the bus stop by 6:30 if we want to rope drop something or 7 if we just want to be in the park to try for a boarding group. We're staying at AOA.

Buses run more often when the Skyliner isn't operating. They SHOULD come at least every 20 minutes before park opening, though obviously exceptions do occur. My plan, assuming park opening at 8 when we go in April, will be to be at the bus stop by 6:30 if we want to rope drop something or 7 if we just want to be in the park to try for a boarding group. We're staying at AOA.

Thanks for the information!

That was yesterday. Today I continued refreshing and was able to join a BG for about 30 seconds before it switched to back up groups
Thanks. Misunderstood, thot u were in the park
That’s my thot, others the exact opposite, nobody has definitive answer as Disney isn’t about to share that sort of proprietary info

This is the difference between the active Join a boarding group and the inactive button
This is what I mentioned a few days ago. I had been bouncing back and forth because it wasn't red! I just clicked this button randomly after reading this thread and three days in the park. Oh well, live and learn for the next time. And hoping to save other folks from making the same mistake.

We were at the GF and I didn’t want to stress about busses, so I pre-scheduled a Lyft for 6:40 am. Turns out the driver came early, at 6:30, and we really had to scramble but other than that it went off perfectly and we were in the park by 7:15 with no line at bag check and maybe 10 min to tap in, and no real stress. Worth the $13, plus we tipped $7 since the guy had to wait for us and was very nice about it (even though he was early lol! Better early than late).

We were at the GF and I didn’t want to stress about busses, so I pre-scheduled a Lyft for 6:40 am. Turns out the driver came early, at 6:30, and we really had to scramble but other than that it went off perfectly and we were in the park by 7:15 with no line at bag check and maybe 10 min to tap in, and no real stress. Worth the $13, plus we tipped $7 since the guy had to wait for us and was very nice about it (even though he was early lol! Better early than late).
We might do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter