READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will need to make sure our party realizes in advance, that there's a good chance we aren't able to ride this :(

I'm interested to see what changes are made for this VQ and/or capacity. If they are going to leave things the same, I really think they need to expand the hours for DHS or at least for SWGE. 10 - 8 and 3 separate BG clearly doesn't work for an attraction that everyone wants to experience and that has reliability issues. Maybe they need to add 2 hours to the end of the day to keep park close time staggered. Something needs changed and probably the easiest thing at this point is park hours. Just something to think about.....

So Mickey and Minnie's wait got up to 100 minutes, and several other rides were over an hour wait today, and tons of people frantically tried for boarding groups three times today without success.

I call shenanigans on Bob Chapek telling us all how magical it was going to be to go back to disney world without fastpasses.

I'm going out on a limb to say they oversold HS park passes beyond what is appropriate in the Covid times. Two hours is wayyyy too long to be standing in an indoor queue. I think they must have been calculating "capacity" based on a park that previously had a lot of people eating shows.

I literally had a dream that I couldn't get a boarding pass. This is going to drive me crazy. I hope things get worked out better before my trip. LOL

So Mickey and Minnie's wait got up to 100 minutes, and several other rides were over an hour wait today, and tons of people frantically tried for boarding groups three times today without success.

I call shenanigans on Bob Chapek telling us all how magical it was going to be to go back to disney world without fastpasses.

I'm going out on a limb to say they oversold HS park passes beyond what is appropriate in the Covid times. Two hours is wayyyy too long to be standing in an indoor queue. I think they must have been calculating "capacity" based on a park that previously had a lot of people eating shows.
No fps was not the issue. You can see how well no fp work. They did overbook i think

No fps was not the issue. You can see how well no fp work. They did overbook i think
Yeah, I just meant at least with a FP my four year old and I could ride MMRR. Now if these wait times keep up the wait time would be too long for him to handle, and with so little else he is tall enough for it HS it is going to be a short day for us.

Otherwise yeah, the general crowding issues and BG debacle have nothing to do with no fastpass—didn't mean to cause confusion.

There is no proof for this and is wildly speculative

5:36 just boarded the plane at MCO and got our call back notification lol

I heard a guest telling another they would be starting over with each VQ at 1 and 4 (as in dropping those from 10 then 1 that hadn't ridden), but that's obviously not correct.

You're going to see waits increase then decrease. Rides will stop, I believe, every 2 hours or so to clean vehicles.

We stepped outside TSMM at 11:41 and saw MMRR at 70. We decided it was then or not this trip. Got in line, after a bit we were told line wasn't moving due to cleaning. Once it started moving it did move fairly consistently. We completed the ride and stepped outside at 12:48. So that just under 70 min was walking over there, standing in line and riding.

If I recall ToT was about 90 at 11:40, an hour later it was down to 13. It was a walk on at that point, we barely stopped. We got off and it was up to 60.

You've been posting great info all day, thank you! So, what's your thoughts on how they may proceed to improve things for DHS?
I hope they move bg to book only in the morning, they wanted people arriving later but most arrived early anyways. I think that would help, not sure I'd they'll start reducing numbers of guests, they were selling same day tickets today

But barring a breakdown, you're not inside in line for two hours. Part of the queues for RotR and MMRR are outside.

Did I miss a discussion about BGs not showing on the app? I wonder why they aren't doing that anymore. It helped with planning and pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter