READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at HS on Mon Dec 7th. I see where they said they have been letting people in early and you can get in line for a ride. If we get there early is it possible to ride MMRR and still be able to try for a Rise of The Resistance boarding pass at 10? or is it better to wait and try to get boarding pass first?
We did this on every one of our DHS days and got off in plenty of time to get on RoTR. We had the benefit of walking from BW. The key is to make sure you plan your arrival at the park early enough to get in line for temp checks. There will be lines, so the earlier you get in that line, the quicker you can get through. This can vary depending on which resort you're staying at. It will be a little more difficult if you are driving, but can still be done if you arrive early enough. Keep in mind that opening each ride early is up to the ride operation team of each attraction, so it's possible that MMRR will not open early. However, it has consistently been opening around 30 minutes early each day. Also, when making your way toward MMRR, stay to the left as you will be going around the left of the stage area to make your way to the attraction entrance.

We stayed at Pop earlier this month and had 3 days at HS. We took the skyliner each time. It's best to get in line around 7:30 if you can. As long as you are one of the first 10 groups in line, when you get to CBR you go to the front of the line for the ride to HS. Otherwise, they alternate people between the 3 resorts. We got to HS a few minutes after 9 am, wait in line for temp checks and around 9:15 they let us through. If you go right to Minnie & Mickey's, it short be a fairly short line compared to later in the day. Around 9:30 they start running the ride and we were on and off each time with 20 some minutes to spare to get a boarding group. Yes, both try at 10. We got group 19 our first 2 days and group 1 the 3rd day. Start practicing at home so you get familiar with it.

Thank you! Will start getting on that. My biggest worry was timing the Skyliner properly. Will shoot for 7:30 AM or Earlier!

Was hoping timing HS for monday would help reduce crowd levels :3

At Kidani bus stop. Castmember let us know around 8:45 that the first bus will here in a few minutes. And that they will have 4 buses rotating this morning.

First bus was about 8:48. It filled up but we got on the next one at 9:02. It already had guests on from Jambo. So our family of three and a family of two could get on. There were about four other groups waiting.

Practiced on my I-phone from home getting a 10am boarding group this morning— got to the screen to add all in my party, and as soon as I clicked on adding all, a red box popped up at the bottom of my screen blocking the “join button” . Skimmed it quickly, I believe it read that all boarding groups were full. I quickly hit the “x” button to get rid of the red box, then immediately the “join” button, and was taken to the screen where it says we are not in the parks. Had we been in the parks, would I have been successful despite the red box??

Practiced on my I-phone from home getting a 10am boarding group this morning— got to the screen to add all in my party, and as soon as I clicked on adding all, a red box popped up at the bottom of my screen blocking the “join button” . Skimmed it quickly, I believe it read that all boarding groups were full. I quickly hit the “x” button to get rid of the red box, then immediately the “join” button, and was taken to the screen where it says we are not in the parks. Had we been in the parks, would I have been successful despite the red box??
no
for it to have gone through you get the "are you sure you're in the park" message. The red box means it was full by that last click

no
for it to have gone through you get the "are you sure you're in the park" message. The red box means it was full by that last click
when you're practicing from home and when you come don't even think of reading the names that are checked marked after your first "join" click. Just click and click do not hesitate, the system picks the people that are in the park so don't even waste a second reading the names

Ride is amazing. Thanks everyone for all the tips. Practicing really helps.

I used the time.gov site. It said my phone time was off by a second. I did like someone else mentioned. Watched the time until about 5 seconds, switched to the app and counted down in my head until it was time.

when you're practicing from home and when you come don't even think of reading the names that are checked marked after your first "join" click. Just click and click do not hesitate, the system picks the people that are in the park so don't even waste a second reading the names
This! I have only had 1 successful practice attempt out of 4 or 5. This morning was not successful and I think it was because I hesitated for a millisecond on the party member screen. I will try again at 2:00.

I haven't followed the thread since spring before the shut down. I reread the first post for info, but didn't find this. When we were there last December (and in know it continued a bit after) if you were in an actual boarding group (not a backup) that didn't get called they would allow you to come back another day. I think they also offered a ticket too at first. If your group doesn't get called do they just tell you tough luck suck dirt now?

Does most of the HS world come to a relative standstill as most everyone is trying for a boarding group? Obviously if we are walking on a sidewalk, we will pull over so as to not block traffic, but what if we are in line for a ride? Are most people doing the same thing, so the line sort of pauses, or will we need to completely try to step out?

I think they also offered a ticket too at first. If your group doesn't get called do they just tell you tough luck suck dirt now?
Nope with the new Disney Park Reservation system you just get to wave goodbye. Just getting a BG is not a guarantee of a ride during your day at HS or another day.

Now if you are in line and the attraction has an extended issue you may get a FP to return later the same day but still no guarantee to ride.

Dave

Does most of the HS world come to a relative standstill as most everyone is trying for a boarding group? Obviously if we are walking on a sidewalk, we will pull over so as to not block traffic, but what if we are in line for a ride? Are most people doing the same thing, so the line sort of pauses, or will we need to completely try to step out?
It's honestly 5 seconds, so yes, almost everyone pauses for 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter