READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for advice from the experts. I was on MDE at 7am sharp as availability began this morning. In less than 10 seconds after it allowed me to select the join virtual queue button, there was no more availability. This is for a Monday in the middle of November. What did I do wrong?

Looking for advice from the experts. I was on MDE at 7am sharp as availability began this morning. In less than 10 seconds after it allowed me to select the join virtual queue button, there was no more availability. This is for a Monday in the middle of November. What did I do wrong?
I was in the same spot this morning... we did get stand-by when we tried at the 2:00 queue but it’s not looking good, we are boarding party 112 and it’s only up to 87

You want to be in the app a few minutes before 7 or 2. I like joining from the home page where you see the AT AT. Use another phone or smart watch to see the seconds that way you know the exact second you need to hit join. Before 7 or 2 hit join (from the home page) and go back a few times. I find that this saves time because the second join page doesn't have to load. Don't worry about selecting your party everyone with a park pass for the day will be automatically selected. Do a speed test to see if wifi or cellular is faster. Practice a few times so you memorize where the join button will be on the next page. This is mainly for after you hit join for the second time and you're waiting for the party select page to load. Keep touching the bottom of the screen that way when the page loads you're already touching join.

I was in the same spot this morning... we did get stand-by when we tried at the 2:00 queue but it’s not looking good, we are boarding party 112 and it’s only up to 87
You have 3 more hours!!! I bet you make it! MTFBWY!!!
Just checked now (6:35 PM ET) and they’re boarding 110-114! So @Corryn what did you think? DH & I rode today with BG 42, and it was awesome!

Finally here at CBR hoping to snag our passes on Wednesday. Maybe we’re in a bad spot for Verizon, but I’m not getting better than 3mb download which is basically what I’m getting over the Disney WiFi!!

Would I still fare better sticking with LTE of the WiFi is getting overloaded at that time?

Got called at 1:45 for BG 61. Got in line about 1:55. Basically walked the line slowly. No real stops or backups. I went on twice in January and had "B mode" for a certain spot. Got "A mode" today, so yay!! DH and I were the only ones in a certain area. Awesome and fun!! So glad we made it!

Finally here at CBR hoping to snag our passes on Wednesday. Maybe we’re in a bad spot for Verizon, but I’m not getting better than 3mb download which is basically what I’m getting over the Disney WiFi!!

Would I still fare better sticking with LTE of the WiFi is getting overloaded at that time?
We were at AoA last weekend and I used the resort wifi. LTE reception inside the building is horrible. I'm pretty sure if I had relied on LTE I would not have connected in time to get a group.

Today I got up early so decided to try to practice. I clicked join and the message I got was that they didnt see a boarding reservation. Does that mean if I had one, I would have been successful?

Today I got up early so decided to try to practice. I clicked join and the message I got was that they didnt see a boarding reservation. Does that mean if I had one, I would have been successful?
yes so they changed the wording to mention you don't have a park reservation

yes so they changed the wording to mention you don't have
You want to be in the app a few minutes before 7 or 2. I like joining from the home page where you see the AT AT. Use another phone or smart watch to see the seconds that way you know the exact second you need to hit join. Before 7 or 2 hit join (from the home page) and go back a few times. I find that this saves time because the second join page doesn't have to load. Don't worry about selecting your party everyone with a park pass for the day will be automatically selected. Do a speed test to see if wifi or cellular is faster. Practice a few times so you memorize where the join button will be on the next page. This is mainly for after you hit join for the second time and you're waiting for the party select page to load. Keep touching the bottom of the screen that way when the page loads you're already touching join.
[/QUOTE
First let me say that I am not a tech person. LOL
I tried this morning just as you suggested. I did get boarding group 63 so very happy about that. I am just wondering why it took so long for my party select page to load. There are only 5 people on it and only 1 with a reservation. Is there anything I can do for the next time?QUOTE]

Just you phone speed most of the time. This morning it did seem ro take longer to load though, if i had a reservation i still would've got one

I don’t seem to have the AT AT page. I used to get it. Am I missing something?
The AT-AT should be visible on the home page of your MDE app. I have an iPhone and am able to see it when I scroll down. You will need to scroll down about 8-10 different 'sections' but the AT-AT with Join button should be there.

Please let us know if you can see it @Erica Ladd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter