READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on being at DW the 2nd week in March and the main reason for going is that I've still not yet been on RotR. What would you say the chances of getting a boarding group are if only going to HS for 1 day?

Thanks!

I'm planning on being at DW the 2nd week in March and the main reason for going is that I've still not yet been on RotR. What would you say the chances of getting a boarding group are if only going to HS for 1 day?

Thanks!
The fact that you're reading this thread will put you ahead of most. Your chances are very good if you follow the tips. I'd also recommend practicing a lot before then.

I am consistently getting logged out when I click join on the AT-AT screen. Is this happening to anyone else? Obviously if that happens on my day I am done. I am not sure how to fix it.
Well you don't really need to be on the "Home" screen or hovering over the ATAT image. Just hit the "Check Status >" link and wait on the My Queues screen. Hit the Big Blue Join Virtual Queue button at 7 AM or 1 PM. No need to even use the pull down to refresh method or do any other odd gyrations.

Dave

Thanks!
Second week in March will probably start out slower but get busy by Friday 3/12 due to Florida Spring Break starting up. Would go on a weekday earlier in the week to maximize chances.

I've only practiced twice but this morning from home I got BG 12 for family in HS today. I also got *virtual* boarding groups on my 2 practice runs. Thank you to everyone on this thread for the tips and tricks. The ones I used:
I made sure the join buttons were aligned (thank you to whoever posted that little tidbit - it a small thing but mighty!).

I hit the join button from the ATAT link when first loading MDE to make sure there is no hesitation. The poster that shared that little detail was quite correct - there is a slight hesitation loading the join virtual page if you haven't "warmed it up" first.

I start the countdown from time.gov and finish the last 5 seconds in my head while switching over to MDE.

I hit join, join, join at lightning speed - I actually hit the last join button on the friends and family page while it is grayed out and keep hitting it until my boarding group (this morning) or my 'not so fast' page (practice) showed up.

Interested to see how more practice sessions go. I will have a few opportunities to grab real BGs for friends and family before our trip in August. I actually read this thread from about 300 pages back and at first it seemed so complicated but once I understood the dynamics and got a few practices under my belt it was easy peasy. I hope this inspires my fellow dis-boarders who are lurking and feeling overwhelmed or someone like me who was a black belt Disney strategist and who hasn't been to Disney during COVID and feels a little overwhelmed coping with so many new changes.

Well you don't really need to be on the "Home" screen or hovering over the ATAT image. Just hit the "Check Status >" link and wait on the My Queues screen. Hit the Big Blue Join Virtual Queue button at 7 AM or 1 PM. No need to even use the pull down to refresh method or do any other odd gyrations.

Dave

How is that different than the AT-AT screen if they take you to the same second screen where you hit join again.

No need to scroll on the Home screen or try to align the AT-AT picture, hover on a moving smartphone screen. The My Queues screen is static so just an easy place to sit and wait for 7 AM or 1 PM BG windows.

Dave

This morning I hit the Join on AT AT a second quicker by mistake (I had been trying to do it at 6:59:59 but today did that at 6:59:58). Join button was not there so it immediately turned into a good practice run for not panicking and falling back to the refresh method on the second page, which worked. But it takes longer so it will never be me first choice to rely on manual refresh versus auto one.

Since I’ve been terrible at getting BGs at 7am during practice rounds—obviously need to troubleshoot—what are the odds of getting in at 1p instead? Some day I know they’ve been lasting minutes to an hour at 1pm; other days they’re gone pretty quickly. Has anyone ever missed 7am and NOT gotten one at 1pm?

Since I’ve been terrible at getting BGs at 7am during practice rounds—obviously need to troubleshoot—what are the odds of getting in at 1p instead? Some day I know they’ve been lasting minutes to an hour at 1pm; other days they’re gone pretty quickly. Has anyone ever missed 7am and NOT gotten one at 1pm?
Me. I have gotten a BG 4/5 times I have needed one but one day last week I didn’t get one at 7 or 1. I have no idea why.

I have an alarm set on my phone and try at 1pm almost every day. I would say I'm successful about 98% of the time (getting the 'Is everyone in your party' here message - or whatever it is) but like 7am, these BGs also fill within a few seconds most days. When I get the message above I often go back and start from the beginning and immediately get the ride details screen which means the BGs are full. This would be about 5 seconds after 1:00.

I've been practicing with no luck. Picking the people in the boarding group is what slows things down. What's the strategy?

No need to scroll on the Home screen or try to align the AT-AT picture, hover on a moving smartphone screen. The My Queues screen is static so just an easy place to sit and wait for 7 AM or 1 PM BG windows.

Dave
Went thru this on my phone, struck a bell, have used it before & it worked
I have an alarm set on my phone and try at 1pm almost every day. I would say I'm successful about 98% of the time (getting the 'Is everyone in your party' here message - or whatever it is) but like 7am, these BGs also fill within a few seconds most days. When I get the message above I often go back and start from the beginning and immediately get the ride details screen which means the BGs are full. This would be about 5 seconds after 1:00.
Smart idea to set alarm, i’ve Missed the practice window most times in the afternoon
Don't pick the people. When you do it "for real" the people who have a park reservation for that day will be automatically selected.
Not that I don’t ‘trust’ you guys ;)
4BBDA91B-3612-482B-B2D3-31F7E776D5FC.jpeg

Our first go-round in 12/19, if you did have F&F not there, it messed things up.

Got to point where I eliminated most of my friends & family on my phone...only keeping whatever party each trip on the mr’s phone...he usually got thru

Smart idea to set alarm, i’ve Missed the practice window most times in the afternoon

View attachment 558484

Our first go-round in 12/19, if you did have F&F not there, it messed things up.

Got to point where I eliminated most of my friends & family on my phone...only keeping whatever party each trip on the mr’s phone...he usually got thru
It's definitely a lot better now that the app preselects the F&F with a park pass reservation for 7am drop or selects those that have entered the park for the 1pm drop.

View attachment 558484

You're quite right that that was the case when the ride first opened in 2019 but they've since updated the app to pre-select guests in your party that have a park reservation for the day. No need to remove family and friends that won't be with you on this trip. I have 30+ people on my F+F list and don't plan on removing any of them.

Second week in March will probably start out slower but get busy by Friday 3/12 due to Florida Spring Break starting up. Would go on a weekday earlier in the week to maximize chances.

What do you think about next week? We are going on Monday and are in freakout mode scouring this thread.

Attempted a practice round at 1pm today and got the "current booking window now full" message. I used the official US time clock, hit join right at 1, and failed.

Any specific tips here? I'm getting more nervous as I'm heading there soon and continue to fail at every practice attempt.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter