READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know if you get it at 1:00 if you feel like updating! I think i got my practice one at 1:00 yesterday
I’m not there today, I was wishing better luck for Killer Fish at 1. I wasn’t very clear, sorry. I need to drink more coffee before replying in the mornings probably.

I will update at 1 ... good news is MMRR, slinky and midway mania all done already!

Good Luck! We have done all of the tips and tricks- no hesitating , in in under a second and not gotten it for two trips now. Hoping for it next weekend!

Do people find it easier to get a BG at 7 since they prob release more groups than at 1?
I don’t think there’s much difference, other than the few days in late January where 1pm BG drop stayed open for extended periods of time. 1pm may or may not have fewer BGs available, but even if there are, all the people that got one at 7am aren’t trying at 1pm.

Ok refresh my memory. First time practicing in a year. I got the “is everyone In the park” screen. That’s good right ?

Practiced for the first time using the updated methods (we visited ROTR on both coasts at openings), and I got the "is everyone in the park" message at 1 pm. Yay! But I'll still be nervous for our first attempt on 3/8. I also need to have DH and DSspecialneeds practice, too. DSSN will probably be faster than his dad, LOL.

Practicing today at 1pm, my phone (inexplicably) lagged after I hit join the first time and took too long. :mad:

Oh well. At least it was just a practice session. I've had successes in both practice and at the park, so I'll just keep practicing and cross my fingers when the day arrives.

I had a successful 1:00pm practice today. An up-to-date mobile phone is a huge help; I know that my old Android 7 budget model would be hopeless in the present environment.

I wonder if anyone has been force-closing apps prior to joining a BG? I've read a few blogs where the writer suggested that it was imperative to do so, although to be honest I have never done it myself.

I had a successful 1:00pm practice today. An up-to-date mobile phone is a huge help; I know that my old Android 7 budget model would be hopeless in the present environment.

I wonder if anyone has been force-closing apps prior to joining a BG? I've read a few blogs where the writer suggested that it was imperative to do so, although to be honest I have never done it myself.

I force close all my apps and then I open MDE a few minutes before the hour. I make sure that I am logged in and then I pull up a few different pages in the app to make sure everything is working and that it is recognizing me. Personally, I think it helps avoid the lags.

I force close all my apps and then I open MDE a few minutes before the hour. I make sure that I am logged in and then I pull up a few different pages in the app to make sure everything is working and that it is recognizing me. Personally, I think it helps avoid the lags.
I think this is the reasoning- it avoids the potential of having other apps running in the background and drawing internet (and speed) away from DME while trying to get a BG. Force closing other programs ensures less interference.

I think this is the reasoning- it avoids the potential of having other apps running in the background and drawing internet (and speed) away from DME while trying to get a BG. Force closing other programs ensures less interference.
Does it also make sense to turn off all App Notifications at this time? I feel that today's smartphones can handle it all, but in case there are too many push notifications being sent to your phone all the time, this might also be a good idea. Also consider asynchronous nature of these notifications and apps running in the background. Speaking of these notifications, I guess leave MDE app alone when turning rest of them off, so you don't forget to turn it back on when your BG is called. My understanding is that MDE app sends a push notification when that occurs? :)

Does it also make sense to turn off all App Notifications at this time? I feel that today's smartphones can handle it all, but in case there are too many push notifications being sent to your phone all the time, this might also be a good idea. Also consider asynchronous nature of these notifications and apps running in the background. Speaking of these notifications, I guess leave MDE app alone when turning rest of them off, so you don't forget to turn it back on when your BG is called. My understanding is that MDE app sends a push notification when that occurs? :)

Definitely turn off notifications if you can. I play Disney Emoji Blitz and a notification popped up at 7am. In the time it took me to swipe it away we didn’t get a boarding group.

Other than that, I’ve been able to get a BG by being signed into MDE having one device opened to time.gov and once it turns to 6:59:59 I click to join. I’ve had multiple apps running in the background.

I have a question about the my Disney app. It is not showing what boarding groups are being called. Is that a new change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter