READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my best efforts to screw it up by missing the turn off for HS we got into the park seconds before opening of boarding groups and got #66. Any idea on time for that one?

Maybe too late for this reply but my DD had 66 yesterday and got called at 11:15.

The ride appears to have experienced significant downtime. We have been stuck on 51 for a LONG time (maybe an hour now??)

EDIT: and now my app just changed from 43-51 back to 29-51 so perhaps...it just came back up??

EDIT2: and now it moved to 30-51, 31-51 & 32-51 within a few minutes. Something seems off right now but I can't find any reports on twitter of people complaining of downtime. Oh well - weird day so far!

Last edited:
It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I inform you that @rteetz has bestowed upon me... "THE CHART" (at my request)

I will continue to rely on all you to provide the info while our fearless OP and Mod goes off to face the trials of the marathon! (And Trust me I NEED you for info because I don't wake up early...except on vacation).

I downloaded it tonight and made sure it was updated with all the info Ryan had so far. I also added a column for DAY just so that people can start to look at what previous Saturdays or Mondays (etc.) looked like. So here is "THE CHART" (which is basically the same as the one just posted) and I will commence updating it tomorrow!

View attachment 463581
Thank you!
Kudos to everyone to helping each other to make the most of our trips :)

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread.

Don’t want to mess up my 2nd trips’ RoTR visit. We took boat over on opening day, took double the normal time for some reason. Got late BG that was cancelled, glad to get a FP for the next day!

This go-round, after reading the blogs/newsletters & posts here; find myself quite confused as to:

The actual time we should plan on arriving at MGM for an 8 am opening next Weds & Thurs, both forecast to be ‘low crowd’ days.

Party this trip has some mobility/endurance issues that can be exacerbated by standing in place, no WC though. Trying to find the sweet spot as to planned arrival time to reduce any potential issues.

At AoA, have rental car (or if lot won’t be open ‘in time’) no problem to uber. Afraid gondolas could develop a hitch of some sort.

4807B306-93CD-47CB-BBA8-D800A79275D3.jpeg

Don’t want to mess up my 2nd trips’ RoTR visit. We took boat over on opening day, took double the normal time for some reason. Got late BG that was cancelled, glad to get a FP for the next day!

This go-round, after reading the blogs/newsletters & posts here; find myself quite confused as to:

The actual time we should plan on arriving at MGM for an 8 am opening next Weds & Thurs, both forecast to be ‘low crowd’ days.

Party this trip has some mobility/endurance issues that can be exacerbated by standing in place, no WC though. Trying to find the sweet spot as to planned arrival time to reduce any potential issues.

At AoA, have rental car (or if lot won’t be open ‘in time’) no problem to uber. Afraid gondolas could develop a hitch of some sort.

View attachment 463709
Ok...tag I'm "it" this time...

Parking lots will be open in time. Buses will be running if Skyliner is not. Uber is an option too - you should do whatever you want to do.

We haven't seen an 8am open since before the ride opened so nobody really knows how it will work. You probably want to be at security by 7:15am.

Truthfully, I'd just watch how Sun/Mon/Tues work and you should have all your answers. If I were in your shoes, I'd read every comment from Sun/Mon/Tues morning that are posted here.

Also - they changed the park name from MGM back in 2008 to Hollywood Studios, couldn't let that one go, eh? 😜

This is my anxiety kicking in. We are only at DHS for 1 morning (till about 5pm before hopping to Epcot for the new temp nighttime show). We fly in the day before with a half day at MK. We leave the next day for DCL. Not back for another 16-18 months. I'm not concerned about missing a FP. We did most SWGE stuff in DL in June, but we do have a back-to-back Oga's (which we didn't do back then) and Droid Depot (DS7 gets his turn since DS11 had his). Oga's is 9:50 and DD is 10:40. Those 2 things cannot just be missed or cancelled like a FP. I am assuming that Park opening will change from the current 9 am to at least 8, maybe 7, and I also assume that the current BG booking logjam at 7 will ease at least a little more (there already seems to be some progress on this, to being 8-15 minutes instead of 90 seconds). So, hopefully, we don't run into this problem,but my dear is that if we get a BG, that it would just happen to begin boarding with a 2-hour window between 9:45-11:45ish.
AFAIK worrying has never changed the outcome of anything, so I hope you get a great BG that allows you to ride well before, or gets called at 10am or later. Chances are good.

That’s not really enough time between Oga’s and the Droid Depot, unless you plan on taking drinks to go. It can take up to 20mn to get in (though you can also be let in within minutes), and sometimes it‘s 10-20mn before you are served. I’d push back the Depot reservation or show up first thing and ask to build early- not usually too busy first thing in the morning.

There's a limit of 45 minutes inside, and when we were there, they were quite fast with the service (to move people in and out). Even with 2 kids and 2 rounds of drinks and ordering food, we were in/out in 40 minutes, and only waited about 10 to get in. One thing you could do to help the process is aim to show up at Oga's by about 9:30am (there is usually a line anyway, but they'll check you in). You would then have quite a window of time to make it to DD.

good luck!

View attachment 463709
you basically need to be inside the park a minute before park official opening time. Use of own car would be best, the parking lot opens 2 hours before official park opening , sometimes a bit earlier. MTFBWY :D

Nope & it’s still DTD in by book too :).

Noticed South Fayetteville, as in McDonald? Oldest 2 DSs HS football coaches in area for over a decade, small world lol
(I still use DTD too!)

I think your iPhone autocorrect just snagged you up but if you mean South Fayette in McDonald PA (near Pittsburgh) then yup that's me!

you basically need to be inside the park a minute before park official opening time. Use of own car would be best, the parking lot opens 2 hours before official park opening , sometimes a bit earlier. MTFBWY :D
Lol thanks, will need it.

Admit it’s the crazy, big lines in the dark waiting for entrance that give me the frights.

When would you plan on stepping in line for security if me? Was thinking 7 am at the latest.

Lol thanks, will need it.

Admit it’s the crazy, big lines in the dark waiting for entrance that give me the frights.

When would you plan on stepping in line for security if me? Was thinking 7 am at the latest.
For an 8 AM opening?
Are you wanting to ride other rides stand by? If yes, that's perfect
If no, then you are wasting precious sleeping time waiting for nothing. And standing in line for nothing.
Get there about 30 min later, when the initial crowd has scanning through and they are standing around waiting inside. You'll breeze right in the gates and still be inside waiting with those that got there a long time ago, all equally as eligible for the same chances at a boarding group.

I'd normally say that with each passing day the chances decrease that they will move park hours. BUT this is an unprecedented ride opening, and who knows, they could change park hours 1 day in advance, they could open the park (and BGs) early on the fly at 7:36am day of because there's just too many people. Anybody who answers this has no idea - you'd get as qualified an answer from a Disney bus driver at this point.

I'm not saying this to be rude, just saying that I don't think there's anybody here that can give you an accurate answer. If there's an answer that you want to hear, tell me, and I can say that though! 😂 🤣
Have they done this since the change last month? Opening the Boarding Groups prior to official posted opening?

Looks like they changed opening time to 7:00 for January 12-17, according to the website. I tried to jump on some early FP+'s, but almost gone already.
Odds are very high that if they just made the change then the FP haven't been loaded yet. It will trick you and put the blocks of hours up but no FP actually issued yet. Usually takes a few days for the FP to populate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter