READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been mentioned before in previous pages, but for those of you wanting to "practice" the process for obtaining a BG in the morning, you can play this game from home.

Just install the MDE app and around 6:58 go in and walk through the process of obtaining a BG. You can't go all they way since you're not in the park, but you can at least familiarize yourself on what to expect as far as the buttons and when the "Join Boarding Group" button lights up, etc.

For me, the "JBG" button doesn't light up on its own, I have to go back to the home screen, re-click the "Find Out More" button and then the page actually refreshes and the button is now red (after 7am). Also, if I try to go into the "My Status" section, and then pull down to refresh, even though its says its refreshing, the JBG button never turns red unless I go back a page, which seems weird and unhelpful.

This is after 3 days in a row of testing on a Pixel 4 (T-Mobile). Obviously I can't go all the way through the process since I'm not in the park (and don't have tickets, etc), but its informative if you're curious about the process.

apocalyps3, Very helpful. Thank you SO much. We're headed there in 3 weeks, and I've been reading this thread daily. Thanks again.

For me, the "JBG" button doesn't light up on its own, I have to go back to the home screen, re-click the "Find Out More" button and then the page actually refreshes and the button is now red (after 7am). Also, if I try to go into the "My Status" section, and then pull down to refresh, even though its says its refreshing, the JBG button never turns red unless I go back a page, which seems weird and unhelpful.

The JBG button on the My Status page doesn’t turn red. It just becomes selectable.

What's the best way to ride MFSR and get in a boarding group for ROR? I will be there next week!

Also, if I try to go into the "My Status" section, and then pull down to refresh, even though its says its refreshing, the JBG button never turns red unless I go back a page, which seems weird and unhelpful.

This is exactly what happened to my DH on boarding group day. He was pulling down to refresh on the status page and his Join Boarding Group button never activated.

What's the best way to ride MFSR and get in a boarding group for ROR? I will be there next week!

Get there extra early (close to 2 hours before park opening) to be at front of rope drop for MFSR and while in that line/mass of people secure a BG for RotR on your MDE. Seems like they wait a minute or two to let people join a BG before starting to March people back to GE to get in the MFSR line

Alternate is to go for MFSR closer to park closing

They should have set up a special 5K route that ended at the DHS entrance

Better yet, they should have had the runners join a BG right at the finish line. The BG you get also becomes your finishing position in the race. If a lottery is good enough for the ROTR process, why not the race too? It’s more fair that way. I don’t think the runners would mind if their position didn’t depend on who shows up first. 🏃‍♂️

(Kidding of course)

The JBG button on the My Status page doesn’t turn red. It just becomes selectable.

You're right, I should have said that it never became selectable. It was grey'd out/unclickable. The only way, in testing it so far, to get it to be selectable was to go back a page. I'll try it again tomorrow morning though to make sure.

You're right, I should have said that it never became selectable. It was grey'd out/unclickable. The only way, in testing it so far, to get it to be selectable was to go back a page. I'll try it again tomorrow morning though to make sure.

I was having a practice, the status changed to open but the button didn’t go red. This was at 1 min or so past. I went back a page, back in & the red button was there.

Boarding Group 106 hopefully this will work with my later afternoon plans at AK. But if not I’ll have to live with it since the tours 150 bucks.

I came from the 5k I was just relieved that they hadn’t run out of the initial BGs
@StarGirl11--If it starts looking like your BG isn't going to get called in time, try talking to a GET CM. Someone may be able to work things out for you. But I have a feeling that you're going to be fine anyway.

@StarGirl11--If it starts looking like your BG isn't going to get called in time, try talking to a GET CM. Someone may be able to work things out for you. But I have a feeling that you're going to be fine anyway.

Thanks! I’m hoping it gets called before I need to leave for AK. But I’ll keep that in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter