READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: SORRY I apologize in advance, But had to tell you all. I added "z's" to the beginning of my grandson's names on MDE, so my DD25 and DS8 are at the top to pick for boarding group practice.
Well, called DSS today to make FP changes, and the poor gal tried to pronounce their names. :oops:

<Back to regularly scheduled BG talk>....

I've been trying to figure out how MDE is listing everyone. It's reverse alpha? I added "Dr." to DS20 today hoping it would pop him to the top of the list before all the "Mr./Mrs./Miss".

Is there anyway to preview the list without playing the pretend BG game at the opening hour?

Left Beach Club via Lyft at 7:05 this morning. Had a huge line waiting for drop off.

Got in the security/bag line at 7:22 and then the line for the magicband scan at 7:30. Through at 7:37 (no fingerprints) and walked over to Jedi Training for sign-up. Decent line but was able to get the first show at 9:40 am. At that point it was 7:58 so we stood near Echo Lake and started toggling the screen waiting for the red button. Two phones, both LTE (ATT), both logged into my account. They made an announcement at 7:59 am about the boarding groups and I kept toggling for about 30 seconds when the signup screen appeared. Had to add 7 people and got Group 59!

ETA: I was using MDE 5.8 and I did not have any issues.

They only had 62 regular groups today. I got the notification at 2:31 pm with a 2 hour window.

Got into the line at 3:03 pm and was in the preshow at 3:22. Off the ride at 3:44!

Ride was awesome and the whole family LOVED it!83008959-ADA8-49BC-9370-891A2AD9BD2F.jpeg

Last edited:
I did try a search in the thread but didn't see a specific answer, so here it goes:

My parents are planning a last minute trip to WDW this month or early next month. Dad wasn't expected to live this long and by golly, he wants to see the new SW rides! He is 75 and mom is 73 and both have stamina that wanes. I did advise them to take something to sit on when they go, whether they use walkers or canes with a chair. They're so determined that it's awesome! They actually chose WDW as their last trip together. :hug:

Okay, my question is this: do one of them really have to get up and go over to DHS at 6 a.m. to get registered into the virtual cue for RotR? I understand it's popular, I do. But I also want to help them plan and so that day will be scheduled accordingly. They will be staying at Riviera, so will be taking the skyliner over for the return time.

Hi everyone. So I need some help in how getting my party into a boarding group works. I thought I saw something about changes or updates to the original process.

This is what I think I know....
Our entire party has to be inside the park at park opening. Therefore, we need to be online at the wristband scanners at least half hour before park opening?
Once we’re all through the scanners one of us needs to sign into my disney experience app, and click on join boarding group, where all of us can be added to the group by the one person signed into the app, correct?
If we are chosen for a boarding group we’ll be notified on the app with a return time.

Am I correct? Am I missing anything? And how insanely crowded do you think it will be Sunday the 16th? Also, we have a 16 month old and an almost 3 year old with is. Can we take them on the ride or is there the option for parent switch or something like that?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dee

Okay, my question is this: do one of them really have to get up and go over to DHS at 6 a.m. to get registered into the virtual cue for RotR? I understand it's popular, I do. But I also want to help them plan and so that day will be scheduled accordingly. They will be staying at Riviera, so will be taking the skyliner over for the return time.

if they both want to ride, then BOTH need to get up and be in the park by opening. With an 8am open 6 am is a bit overdoing it.

I suggest you learn how to obtain boarding groups and do it remotely from home. But they still have to tap in!

I did try a search in the thread but didn't see a specific answer, so here it goes:

My parents are planning a last minute trip to WDW this month or early next month. Dad wasn't expected to live this long and by golly, he wants to see the new SW rides! He is 75 and mom is 73 and both have stamina that wanes. I did advise them to take something to sit on when they go, whether they use walkers or canes with a chair. They're so determined that it's awesome! They actually chose WDW as their last trip together. :hug:

If they get there 30 minutes before opening, they should be good to walk through security and ticketing without any stress and have 15 minutes to find someplace to sit and get the app ready.

Yes, they both have to be there if they're both riding. Good news is it's not 6 AM, they just need to be through the gates with enough time to get settled and join a BG (they can join beginning at park opening). Not sure what the opening time is on the dates you're thinking of. They'll also probably be taking a bus to get there on time, unless something changes with the Skyliner's operating hours, incase that impacts their plans. Not sure if you knew that since you did mention taking the skyliner over for the return time.

We are also here! Bus from Jambo at 6:48 and arrived at 7:01. Lines for bag check were fine but entrance is crazy. Fingers crossed my app loads!
Thank you for this info - we are at Jambo and when we checked in, the CM told us the busses don't start until 7:15am for an 8am opening. I asked if she was sure that was still the case with ROTR because I thought they started earlier and she was 100% sure 🙄 but also super nice 😊

Do you know if 6:48 was the first bus today? We're heading to HS tomorrow morning :flower1:

Left Beach Club via Lyft at 7:05 this morning. Had a huge line waiting for drop off.

Got in the security/bag line at 7:22 and then the line for the magicband scan at 7:30. Through at 7:37 (no fingerprints) and walked over to Jedi Training for sign-up. Decent line but was able to get the first show at 9:40 am. At that point it was 7:58 so we stood near Echo Lake and started toggling the screen waiting for the red button. Two phones, both LTE (ATT), both logged into my account. They made an announcement at 7:59 am about the boarding groups and I kept toggling for about 30 seconds when the signup screen appeared. Had to add 7 people and got Group 59!

They only had 62 regular groups today. I got the notification at 2:31 pm with a 2 hour window.

Got into the line at 3:03 pm and was in the preshow at 3:22. Off the ride at 3:44!

Ride was awesome and the whole family LOVED it!

This is the first I have ever seen this type comment. Are you saying you can sign up for JEDI Training before the park opens? Meaning you can sign up fast and still go get in line for RD?

Hi everyone. So I need some help in how getting my party into a boarding group works. I thought I saw something about changes or updates to the original process.

This is what I think I know....
Our entire party has to be inside the park at park opening. Therefore, we need to be online at the wristband scanners at least half hour before park opening?
Once we’re all through the scanners one of us needs to sign into my disney experience app, and click on join boarding group, where all of us can be added to the group by the one person signed into the app, correct?
If we are chosen for a boarding group we’ll be notified on the app with a return time.

Am I correct? Am I missing anything? And how insanely crowded do you think it will be Sunday the 16th? Also, we have a 16 month old and an almost 3 year old with is. Can we take them on the ride or is there the option for parent switch or something like that?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dee

As long as your entire group is through the gates before opening time you're good for joining BG. Half an hour before opening isn't early enough to have a rope drop advantage for some of the other attractions, if that mattered to you. At park opening time, the virtual queue opens and you can join BG. Just making sure you know that everyone with a device can sign into the same account in order to have multiple people trying to get you guys in a BG.

Rider switch is in use at RotR. Everyone who wants to ride still needs to join a BG, but once yours is called you can approach a CM (someone can chime in exactly where to find them, entrance I assume) and let them know you need to use Rider switch. The CM will assign rider switch passes to up to 3 adults in your party, the first group will ride through the main line while at least one adult sits off with the kids, and the second group (the ones holding the passes) will go up the FP line when they're done. Up to 2 people can ride twice if you want.

This is the first I have ever seen this type comment. Are you saying you can sign up for JEDI Training before the park opens? Meaning you can sign up fast and still go get in line for RD?

yes! I was shocked it was open for sign up but when I asked where the sign up location was, they told me they were already doing registrations! There were about 15-20 families before us in line. It took about 15 minutes.

The Chart

It's back....

It's here.....

It's now 3 separate photos due to size....

Welcome back, THE CHART!

P.S. I expect to only have time to update this maybe 3x/week for the next 2 weeks or so; if someone else wants to make a go at doing it daily, let me know.

Attachments

• THE CHART DHS C 2-6-20.png
    THE CHART DHS C 2-6-20.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record at this point but, to try and alleviate the mass hysteria and stress, having a low number backup bg is as good as a regular bg number. The attraction, since opening, has had 5 bad days

I understand that you’re trying to keep people from needless worrying, but there were two days in the last week alone that they only got thru 5.1 BGs per hour, so people are somewhat justified in worrying when they may only have one or two days to try, and may not know when they will be visiting WDW again. With the added problem of app issues, I can certainly understand why people are stressing out. And yes, I realize it’s just a ride, but after listening to this thing be hyped up for months, everyone wants their turn to ride. Just my point of view. Thanks for all of the helpful insight that you provide!

Last edited:
I understand that you’re trying to keep people from needless worrying, but there were two days in the last week alone that they only got thru 5.1 BGs per hour, so people are somewhat justified in worrying when they may only have one or two days to try, and may not know when they will be visiting WDW again. With the added problem of app issues, and I can certainly understand why people are stressing out. And yes, I realize it’s just a ride, but after listening to this thing be hyped up for months, everyone their turn to ride. Just my point of view. Thanks for all of the helpful insight that you provide!

In the last 7 days, 2/7 or about 28% of days called back BG 70 at the highest. That’s no back ups and a small handful of backups, respectively. People have gotten later than BG 70 with app issues and whatnot right at opening.

28% is not insignificant. A bigger sample size brings the percentage of bad days down, it’s still around 15%. That’s like one day a week winds up being a bad day. Not to mention in those days people who ride are waiting around all/most of the day to do it. Learning how to give yourself the best opportunity to ride as quickly as possible can help mitigate stress and worry, IMO. There’s not a ton we can control but there’s a little bit.

I can’t speak for everyone but I know for me more information = less stress. So while the talking the process to death probably gets old, I think for some of us figuring out how to control the factors we can is helpful. I think it can come across as stressing when it isn’t.

Lol! That's a really smart solution though.
O

OK, that's really funny but a good suggestion. I was practicing yesterday with a long list and it was definitely slower.
Just a note If you’re doing this, you need to modify the last name to move them to the bottom of your list as Family and Friends are listed alphabetically by last name then by first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter