READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main page is the page you see when you open the app. You won't need to check your family because it'll be pre checked for you, so next time you practice just hit join on the main page and join again very quickly
View attachment 536545
Are you saying they will be pre-checked on your actual day? Because in my test run today, my daughter was not checked. But after I checked her and hit join again, it did get me to you don’t have a reservation page. Hoping to be successful and get a BG tomorrow. It is surprising they are still going so fast even though they can double the BG’s available since they have plexiglass now.

Are you saying they will be pre-checked on your actual day? Because in my test run today, my daughter was not checked. But after I checked her and hit join again, it did get me to you don’t have a reservation page. Hoping to be successful and get a BG tomorrow. It is surprising they are still going so fast even though they can double the BG’s available since they have plexiglass now.
they have been pre checking the people with park reservations for the day for about a month and a half, so anyone with a DHS park reservation tomorrow on your MDE should be pre checked already once you hit the first join

Has there been any indication that you need to be within a certain distance of DHS to do the 7:00 AM boarding group? I am curious (and going to try next week) if I can do it from my house in NC. My plan was to attempt to join a boarding group with my in-laws (who will actually be in DHS) just to help them out by doing the BG reservation for them (which also gives me an excuse to test out how to do it before I go myself in a few months).

Has there been any indication that you need to be within a certain distance of DHS to do the 7:00 AM boarding group? I am curious (and going to try next week) if I can do it from my house in NC. My plan was to attempt to join a boarding group with my in-laws (who will actually be in DHS) just to help them out by doing the BG reservation for them (which also gives me an excuse to test out how to do it before I go myself in a few months).

Yes, you should have no problem trying this. There are no reports of a location filter of any kind.

One interesting note, out of curiosity I (AP in Ohio) tried for a DHS reservation for today, right now (9:35 am). There was availability. Since it was not available last night, this confirms to me that people are cancelling their park reservations (possibly moving to another park, or if a local AP, just not going) if they don't get a BG.

Yes, you should have no problem trying this. There are no reports of a location filter of any kind.

One interesting note, out of curiosity I (AP in Ohio) tried for a DHS reservation for today, right now (9:35 am). There was availability. Since it was not available last night, this confirms to me that people are cancelling their park reservations (possibly moving to another park, or if a local AP, just not going) if they don't get a BG.
Right .. people will figure a way to "game" the system .. so I suspect (like I am planning on doing) to have multiple days reserved for DHS, try for the BG at 7:00 AM .. and then switch reservations on the days you don't get or don't need a Rise BG. Thus far it isn't a risk since none of the other parks seem to be filling up.

So this will make DHS park reservations the "hot ticket" item .. which means it more people will do this .. which means the Rise BG will probably be just as hard (if not harder) to get than before. Just more "convenient" to get now.

I don't know if this will become problematic, or just the way people will navigate the system.

Right .. people will figure a way to "game" the system .. so I suspect (like I am planning on doing) to have multiple days reserved for DHS, try for the BG at 7:00 AM .. and then switch reservations on the days you don't get or don't need a Rise BG. Thus far it isn't a risk since none of the other parks seem to be filling up.

So this will make DHS park reservations the "hot ticket" item .. which means it more people will do this .. which means the Rise BG will probably be just as hard (if not harder) to get than before. Just more "convenient" to get now.

I don't know if this will become problematic, or just the way people will navigate the system.

Well I think that there are two things that are going to help compared to the old days (a few weeks ago):

1. The glass dividers in each car are going to effectively increase capacity by 80-90% (estimation). I say less than 100% because there are some groups of 5-8 already. But previously groups of 1-4 were taking up the seats of 8 people. Although, another one of my concerns is if there are bottlenecks in the staging areas. I would HOPE that Disney wouldn't let the queue line shows hold people up from actually filling in as many seats as allowed on the ACTUAL ride. Heck, I'd hop right on the actual ride and skip the queue entirely if that was the case to help them out with the bottlenecks.
  2. This is opening the door to calling people earlier. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, but for new rides, they often need more time for maintenance at night. The earlier they can call people, but more people who can be whipped through.
So to me, the most important aspect will always be the throughput. The system that you use to get people on is just smoke and mirrors. If the daily throughput ever approaches the people who want to ride in a given day, the "fastest finger" challenge will be less and less of a big deal. Who knows, maybe things could improve to the point that it could just be a straight up stand-by line entirely. I don't know, a standby line might be a pipedream that's still years away at this point. Maybe for the lesser in demand days.

Can/should people be logged into the same MDE account within the app on 2+ devices or should each person have their own account linked with others?

wanted to share our experience as well.

We just returned from a 4nt split stay (BC/RR) and had originally held DHS park reservations Nov 1&2.
Luckily on Halloween night we were able to make a last minute switch and picked up DHS on 11/3 after reading about the boarding passes now being accessible starting at 7am outside the park effective 11/3.

So glad we checked the DIS while on property and learned about this or we never would have had the opportunity to try for a pass from our hotel room.

This was our first ever attempt at getting a boarding pass and we were as anxious as everyone else here.

Two very different experiences

Sunday 11/1 - was the old format.

7:25am - walked from BCV to DHS.
7:45 am - arrived 4th back on the right side of a double line.
8:45 am - the walkup line was allowed to move to the temp check area where you expand to 4 lines and we were now 2nd in line there.
9:05am - gates opened

speed walked to MMRR - let in thru special pass entrance and got on 1st ride vehicle.
9:20 am speed walked to MFSR - walked on no wait

At this point we took a break and waited around til 10am which IMO was a complete waste of valuable early entry time.

10am - failed at securing a boarding pass. Thought we Got in but it kept spinning until it kicked out in error.
Problem was we had forgotten our main phone, which left us only 1 cell phone that unfortunately was in need of the Disney Wifi.

fast forward to 2pm.

Now we have both phones sharing our data plan.
My DH did a seconds countdown and my DS was able to
Score boarding pass 72 - which slowly queued through the entire standby ride entrance.at this time of day.

I believe they were on 46-55? at 2pm

They called us around 3:55pm

Tues 11/3 - New format

Logged in from the Riviera on our data plan and waited with the refresh screen up.
My DS immediately got in at 7am and scored BG 8

All 3 of our names showed up as checked off both times on my DS's MDE app so thankfully no issues there.

But on my DH's MDE, that was not the case so he got caught having to select names, but fortunately my DS had already gotten in.
So this may be a problem for other groups.

Breathing a sigh of relief, we're now thinking we can take our time a little bit, and hop the skyliners since we have until 10am to get into the park.

Well buyer beware!!

8:40am - head out walk over to Riviera skyliner to CBR hub
8:50 am - immediately hit a major line at the CBR transfer station which takes 25 min to get through
915 am - board CBR skyliner to DHS

9:27am - through the touchpoints at DHS
MMRR has a major line at this point so we walk to Toy Story Land.

9:35am - in line at SDD
9:45am - they start calling Boarding Groups 1-5 but we're still in line at SDD.

9:55 am - off SDD boarding groups 1-10 open

10:02am - scanned in at ROTR
enter thru a FP queue

10:19am off the ride.

At this point all major attractions are posting long wait times. My son took a screen shot which I'll try to get from him and add here.

Can/should people be logged into the same MDE account within the app on 2+ devices or should each person have their own account linked with others?

In our case, it was the latter - 2 different MDE accounts

Our 1 main acct has a lot of names in it which have accumulated over the years due to planning extended friends/family group travel.
So it only showed myself to select for a pass and you had to search for the rest of the party. It did not automatically have all 3 of us checked off within the boarding group screen.

My sons acct was a different story. He only has a few friends linked to it which included all 3 of us. So when he got through everyone was already checked off to auto select for a boarding group.

Our 1 main acct has a lot of names in it which have accumulated over the years due to planning extended friends/family group travel.
To others following along you should really consider cleaning up any large groups of Friends and Family that may be linked to your account.

A small list will increase your odds of getting a BG by serveral seconds and that will count towards improving your changes of securing a BG in the limited window of availability.

Dave

You are able to do it from your Profile on the Smartphone App or via MDE on the web. On the web once you sign in, you just click on your Friends & Family link under the MDE banner on the top right side of the banner.

On the Smartphone app, Click on the "More" button on the lower right side of the main screen. Select "My Profile" and then the Friends & Family list link on the top right side of the My Account screen.

Dave

Dave,
I tried those steps but I get a notification "we are unable to update Guest information at this time." I have to call today so I will see if they can take care of it for me. Thanks for the help, though!

and the system won't let be delete anyone. Keeps saying they have active plans although none of them do. My DGS and I are under currently have plans and my DD, who has a park reservation and an AP and is on my F & F list, will be joining us. I ASSUME (and yes I know) DGS and I will be auto selected but what about DD? I was thinking about adding her to our room reservation once we check in (didn't do it earlier as she does not need a ticket) and perhaps THAT will add her to our group?

Anyone with a dhs park reservation can try from anywhere.

Tried this morning from at home in Sarasota, FL to practice for next week & see if it really does work from off property.

Got BG14. No glitches, no problems. Worked just like when I was in the park before.
So you were not planning to go to HS today? Instead you used a park reservation with your AP and basically took a BG from a family that was planning on going today just so you could practice? Please tell me I'm reading this wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter