READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boarding group 47 for our 7am attempt this morning! My son was counting down on time.gov which helped a lot. I’m on an iPhone 7, on WiFi at Pop Century. I was nervously sweating the whole time! It will be our very first time on Rise as we have not been back to Disney World in 3 1/2 years! My appreciation to everyone on this thread for your advice and guidance. It’s gonna be a great day!

Today is the day! BLT room on Verizon data. iPhone SE. Closed out of everything else and counted down on time.gov on another device. Join join join from the Home Screen, didn’t stop to look at anything, and we got group 68!

I had trained the rest of the family, and DH with an iPhone 11 was slightly ahead of me. I had forgotten to tell everyone that they didn’t need to pick the party, and that slowed him down. Otherwise, he might have gotten a higher group for us.

Aaargh! We are here with two other families. All going to Studios today. The mom of one of the families is on my MDE friends list. We jumped on right at 7 but was stopped by the screen asking us to remove her because she already had a virtual que time as they had gotten through before us. In that time it took to remove her, the groups filled. Now the other two families (8 people) have a boarding group that is showing in MY MDE, but my family is not listed as having one. Do we have a prayer of being added?

To followup, they gave us a lecture about too many people trying on one account (it was more than one account but had one overlapping person listed) but added us to the boarding group.

We got boarding group 9 last Friday from Portofino Bay using the Atomic clock app to count down on an unused phone. 2 of us trying on the same MDE account. I'm still not sure which one got the boarding pass, but it was there. We NEVER were successful in practice runs prior to this. Thanks again to this thread for the advice.

Thanks to everyone who shared their tips and experiences here! My daughter got Boarding Group 16 this morning! Fast teenaged fingers! I was really nervous because we only had one day at HS. We had such a good day at HS. My son is 12 and has been a huge Star Wars Fan since he was 4 so I’m so glad we could do this!

BG 44 yesterday for the 7:00 attempt went exactly as we'd predicted the day before:

6:45 wake everyone up. Give everyone instructions again. At 6:55, DH days, "I don't have the *$%(# app on my phone and I won't get it ready in time." Grumbles and walks away. At 7:00, DD2 says, "Wait, what am I supposed to do?" at 7:00, I say, "I can't click on anything. My phone is jacked." At 7:00, DD1, says, "BG 44. You're welcome." Pretty much a repeat of January, but at least we were doing it from our condo rather than being up at 4 to be in a crowd in the park.

It was down when our BG was called. Was told we could come back whenever. It wasn't down long though.

Got BG 2 for today. The tips in this thread really work. On my two attempts I got BG 1 and 2. Look back at my posts where I talk about lining up the first and second join buttons. I think it’s on page 854. This will get you to the last screen in less than a second. Use an atomic clock where you can see the seconds or a smart watch and touch join as fast as possible for the first two. Then the bottom for the last.

MTFBWY

We were concerned because when practicing we always got to that page where you had to select your party, but on the day of our Studios visit those were filled automatically, because of having park passes, and we scored boarding group 16. It was an amazing experience!

We got BG 68 from our plane while boarding this morning. Arrived at MCO @ 9:30 am and had plenty of time to DME to CSR and bus to DHS. Our BG was called at 1:30 pm.

It was SO much better than needing to be IN the park at 10 am!

iPhone 7 Plus (needs updating), but used LTE and updated the Disney app

Got BG 2 for today. The tips in this thread really work. On my two attempts I got BG 1 and 2. Look back at my posts where I talk about lining up the first and second join buttons. I think it’s on page 854. This will get you to the last screen in less than a second. Use an atomic clock where you can see the seconds or a smart watch and touch join as fast as possible for the first two. Then the bottom for the last.

MTFBWY
So glad it worked for you!! I am assuming this was the time for yourself... I was very much hoping to see you have success for yourself after getting BG1 for friends (or was it relatives?) a week or so ago!
Did you click the first page right at 7:00 atomic? Or did you click on first page at :59?

Thank you EVERYONE!!
I had my wife and son try with me, youngest daughter slept and had my other daughter get on time.gov to count up. She got bewildered when I said ‘start counting at 45 seconds’ since it was counting up (like a clock), instead of down like a timer.
Being a great dad and totally stressed out (I’d been up at 2:30 reading through these posts and grabbing screenshots, positioning my app again, testing wi-fi vs cellular....you know all the usual stuff!)....and amped out of my mind, I snapped at her asking what time it was..... 🤦🏻‍♂️ Totally not my best moment!
My wife then said it was 7 so I snapped at myself and back into action... I hit all the right buttons like a well oiled machine, my fingers were taut with anticipation, I hit the join button....and it said something went wrong. At the same time my wife said should I remove you from the group? Then my 21 year old son sleepily called out from his bed...’I got us 56’.
....I apologized to my 19 year DD and my DW and then slowly shuffled back to get ready and heard my 21 DS to his 12 year old sister, ‘Audrey, I’m the hero! I saved our vacation!’

Yes, Mighty Dad struck out, but there were no tears in Mudville or the Porter family today, because on our one and only shot to get a ROTR BG, dad failed but the ‘son’ still rose this day!!

thanks again! We are at Windsor Hills and I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro but the iPhone 8+ on condo wifi reigned supreme!

good luck to all!

Last edited:
Go boarding group 44! Our one day in the park! Pumped.

Of course...we also have reservations at 12:30 for Savi’s and 1pm for Droid Depot.

How should we handle if our boarding group is called right around those times? Take the RotR and try to get the Savi/Droid slid by a CM, or vice versa?
When did you end up getting called? I got boarding group 60 today, park opens at 9am, and I'm wondering what my call time might might be assuming no big breakdowns.

When did you end up getting called? I got boarding group 60 today, park opens at 9am, and I'm wondering what my call time might might be assuming no big breakdowns.

TouringPlans keeps a blog of when boarding groups are called (sorry, the link was blocked).

Looks like BG 60 has been called around 12-1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter