~ Real Housewives of New Jersey ~ Season 6 ~ 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long she will actually have to serve? Hopefully, not long. I know Joe and Teresa did wrong and broke the law, but I really hate it for her children.

I'm not sure if it's the same in NJ but I think in NY people usually serve 2/3 of their sentence with good behavior.

Well. Tre always wanted to live in a big house. Wish granted!

:thumbsup2 I wonder how many couples commit as many crimes as they did, yet get staggered sentences. I feel if it were my husband and I, the judge wouldn't give a second thought to our children and would have told us that we should have thought of that before we broke the law.

:thumbsup2 I wonder how many couples commit as many crimes as they did, yet get staggered sentences. I feel if it were my husband and I, the judge wouldn't give a second thought to our children and would have told us that we should have thought of that before we broke the law.

OMGosh I know! I have 0 sympathy for those 2.

Those girls are the only ones I feel sorry for. Life will never be the same for those girls.

I think Joe is serving second because the still have to deal with the immigration issue and he may get deported after he serves. It makes sense to have the shorter sentence serve first so she isn't waiting 3 1/2 years to serve.

I thought I read that they cannot get reduced since it is federal? Not sure if that is true or not.

I think Joe is serving second because the still have to deal with the immigration issue and he may get deported after he serves. It makes sense to have the shorter sentence serve first so she isn't waiting 3 1/2 years to serve.

I thought I read that they cannot get reduced since it is federal? Not sure if that is true or not.

I read they have to serve a minimum of 85% of the sentence. Apparently staggered sentences are common in Fed tax and fraud cases. They're non-violent so it's more about serving the time than getting them "off the streets". I feel for the girls. I do not feel for the two of them. They knowingly lied and the judge wasn't too happy with the continuing lies they told.

Some have said that because they are famous is why they got caught. I don't think so. Almost all people get caught eventually. What always amazed me is how easily they lied and acted like they did nothing wrong and that they were victims. I've never known anyone who has done anything even remotely like this.

Can you imagine the ridicule these girls are going to have to take in school? And to have to say "My Mom and Dad are both going to prison". :sad1:
I read in the comments below this article, that they can stay home for the holidays, where does it say when they start their prison sentence?

i think she has to serve 12 3/4 months of the sentence. So she would be out in the end of January 2016 if she stays out of trouble in prison. Do we know which one she is going to? It has to be a Federal Prison.

I would have guessed Joe would serve first. Terrible.

I can only surmise that she will serve first because when he is released he will have to go before INS to decide if he will be deported. This way she will already be out and have served her time if they do decide to send him packing.

Can you imagine the ridicule these girls are going to have to take in school? And to have to say "My Mom and Dad are both going to prison". :sad1:
I read in the comments below this article, that they can stay home for the holidays, where does it say when they start their prison sentence?

She has to report Jan 5th. I think it was smart having her serve first. That way he can spend time with them before his longer sentence and possible deportation.

What I fail to understand is the attitude on her Facebook page. They appear to have many supporters. If people express that they should go to jail they are called "haters." Do people seriously think they did nothing wrong? I have no ill will towards them but the bottom line is ...when your child misbehaves do they not have to learn a lesson? It. Is called restitution. Some are justifying that' ,well they did not kill anybody so they should not go to prison. So stealing is ok?? If they steal from banks and the government then our taxes and bank fees go up. So yes, it does affect us in the long run. I feel sorry for those poor kids. I cannot imagine!

She has to report Jan 5th. I think it was smart having her serve first. That way he can spend time with them before his longer sentence and possible deportation.

What I fail to understand is the attitude on her Facebook page. They appear to have many supporters. If people express that they should go to jail they are called "haters." Do people seriously think they did nothing wrong? I have no ill will towards them but the bottom line is ...when your child misbehaves do they not have to learn a lesson? It. Is called restitution. Some are justifying that' ,well they did not kill anybody so they should not go to prison. So stealing is ok?? If they steal from banks and the government then our taxes and bank fees go up. So yes, it does affect us in the long run. I feel sorry for those poor kids. I cannot imagine!

That will be one very, very sad Christmas season for that entire family.:(

What I fail to understand is the attitude on her Facebook page. They appear to have many supporters. If people express that they should go to jail they are called "haters."

I haven't looked at her facebook, but I did briefly look at Andy Cohen's twitter today, and saw several of her supporters very angry with him for "not being supportive enough". Good grief! Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid! She's a criminal and a habitual liar

From what I've seen on the show, T&J do not discipline their girls. Nobody in that family recognizes or acknowledges cause and effect. This is a tough lesson to learn for whole family. It's like all of them are going to prison. Poor Gia isn't going to fare well. I hope she has some stable and strong adults to rely on during these dark times.

I feel so badly for her girls, especially Gia. It has to be torture for her since she is older and knows exactly what is going on. I can only imagine the ridicule she is taking at school.

I wonder how things went last night when they got home. Must have been a rough night. I wonder if they are truly sorry and they have to be embarrassed, everyone knows what they did.

I wonder if Tre was blindsided. Everything I read said she would most likely avoid jail time and get probation.

Because she was so materialistic and didn't reveal her true assets she has to serve time.
Had she been honest, she would have gotten probation or home confinement.
She was still thinking she was above they law by not being honest about her assets. Dumb move.

I think if it was me, I would want to start my sentence immediately and get it over with. Waiting till January would just be putting off the inevitable.
Of course her attorney is blaming the account for the discrepancies with the assets, maybe he will try to fight her jail time between now and January and try and make the account take responsibility.

I heard about the Andy Cohen interview. I guess the reunion taping is Sunday, then the interview on Monday.

They just did a segment on T & J on GMA. The guy even said they blew it. They had a chance to cooperate with the courts but apparently they continued to fudge around and submit documents late, incomplete and falsified. Even when they knew they were caught. Why didn't they cooperate when they had the chance? You would think they would have done exactly what was asked of them at that point. From the speech the judge gave them, it sounds like T may have gotten off with probation if they had just cooperated at that point and come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter