Really Disney!! I just wanted to add the dining plan

Okay I stand corrected. I wish if Disney is not going to follow a policy they tell people when they call then just make it available for everyone without having to say magical words to bypass the policy.
The thing about calling Disney is every CM will tell you something different.

Heck, there are CMs right now telling people that construction at Wilderness Lodge is "only" the Villas, or that the leisure pool will be open by June. Which, seriously, no. Calling Disney is wildly inconsistent.

I just booked a split stay online with my AP and it gave me the option to just add DDP without tickets. You have to book under the passholder offer though. Otherwise you have to call to book a ticketless package.

Heck, there are CMs right now telling people that construction at Wilderness Lodge is "only" the Villas, or that the leisure pool will be open by June. Which, seriously, no. Calling Disney is wildly inconsistent.

1) Guests forget that CM's are still "just" salesmen.
2) When they don't know the answer, they go with their best guess.
3) Wrong? Maybe.
4) But, money talks.
. . . reservation CM's are on a bonus-pay-system
. . . they are rated and paid based upon their sales-dollars-per-call-minute
. . . example: monthly average of $1,500 sales amounts per call-hour
. . . if they miss three monthly targets in a 12-month period, they can be fired or sent back to other lower paid jobs
5) How the system works
. . . the computer records the sales dollars and computes it based upon call-minutes
. . . the longer the phone call, the less the sales-dollars-to-minutes ratio becomes (talk IS NOT cheap)
. . . if they make their quota, the get a bonus making up to twice their hourly pay
. . . there are three different levels of quotas (new/infrequent visitors, occasional visitors, yearly visitors)
. . . each class requires a different amount of talk time, so the quota is less or more based on that basis
. . . this is why all the automated questions before you are connected to a real reservation person when you call
6) System CM complaints
. . . only the first person to sell you gets the credit for your entire visit
. . . if you call later and order lots of things (say, $10,000 additional) this is applied to the first CM, not the secondary CM you called
. . . every time you call, you might cost the next CM money as their ratio decreases
. . . so, when you call later to alter your ressie or ask questions, the CM needs to get you off the phone, or possibly lose their bonus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter