Really happy with Saratoga Springs

We will be at SSR next month and can't wait to go back (this will be our second stay). The first time we stayed there we had a wonderful view of DTD Westside, we also really liked walking to and from DTD on the path. When we go next month, I have requested the Paddock area because the new pool looks amazing (I hope to be as close to the pool as possible). I also can't wait to see the refurbished rooms :goodvibes. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and gave the resort a second chance.

We are sadly home from our trip, but already planning to return in February!

We had room 5421 in the Paddock section, building right next to the pool and it was perfect. Quick walk to the Paddock pool and only a 5-10 min walk to the Hot Springs pool.
Our kids loved the Paddock pool and would have been thrilled to have skipped the parks and just swam all week.

My only complaint is the breakfast service at the Paddock pool. The whole week there was one person both taking orders, making the food & stocking the supplies like straws & jelly. She was over worked and easily overwhelmed & confused. Bad combination. Something was always missing from our order & she got grumpy when we corrected it. She needs at least one other person working with her.

Otherwise, we had a great trip, with quick bus service too & from the parks, even at park closing we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus.

Bummed to be home, but looking forward to the next one!

We have enjoyed our stays at SSR also. We have no problem staying here especially when and if we book a last minute trip. Still better than home. I think everyone should give a resort, any resort, a second chance.

Glad you had a great trip.

When we go next month, I have requested the Paddock area because the new pool looks amazing (I hope to be as close to the pool as possible). I also can't wait to see the refurbished rooms :goodvibes. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and gave the resort a second chance.

Do you make your request through DVC or the DVC website? We have never requested a certain section/room before. I think the only request I ever made was for top floor so we did not have to listen to people stomping above us, but I cant remember if I made it through DVC or during check-in.

Thanks for any help you can provide

My DW, DD and I stayed at SSR in March and absolutely loved it. This was our first WDW DVC stay (while we bought AKV on the cruise back in 2011, we're DL people - and yes, I didn't research DVC enough or I would have known about resale).

Anyway... we spent a week at AKV and really, really didn't like the resort, and then switched to SSR for week number two and was blown away by how much we enjoyed our stay. We also were in the Paddock section (the building right next to the pool) and loved how quiet and peaceful the room was, knowing that we were just a short walk to the Carriage House or Downtown Disney for food and action.

We would absolutely stay at SSR again in a heartbeat (although we are going back in February and I was able to snag a VGF reservation - have to try it once, right?)

Well, glad everyone had good trips, our trip in August was good but many things wrong in room, I was really shocked and even felt bad I had to call Engineering so much.

Started with fridge not working, had to get replacement, also toaster broken and wash/dryer only gave Hot water, found out a day later the hook ups were wrong. Lastly we stood in 3 inches of water in the shower because of hair balls stuck in the drain. Took 3 days to get everything rectified.

Was disappointed by room location in back of Grandstand, had no view from room.

Best thing was being first on bus stop. I went to Kidani also this trip and really like it. I've have nothing but good stays at SSR previous to this trip.

RayJay

RayJay, We had a similar negative experience at SSR on a previous trip with many things broken in the room & multiple calls to get things fixed. We eventually had to switch rooms because things were so bad. That's when we contacted the manager of SSR who encouraged us to try the resort one more time & to call him before our next trip.
We did so & had a much better experience this time.

However, next trip, we're staying at Boardwalk. It's time for a change.

We also just returned from a fantastic trip to SSR! We stayed in the same section everyone seems to be raving about. Bldg 55 right next to the Paddock pool and directly behind the bridge that walks over to the Springs. I requested paddock area and close to pool. Couldn't have been more pleased with the location. My kids loved the pool, and the walk to the carriage house/community hall/HRS pool took less than 5 minutes, my 2yo did it without the stroller a few times. We saw all kinds of creatures on this walk, big toads, gorgeous birds, bunnies, and once a nasty black snake that my 8yo was THRILLED to meet :scared1:

I Like Saratoga, too. They have always been great at honoring room requests, and I love making a "spa day" when I stay there. My son likes the billiard room and ordering an adult drink while he shoots a game of pool.
I would agree they seem to be better at honoring requests than most DVC resorts (an area where DVC falls down) but I also realize the nature of the resort makes it pretty easy to do so.

RayJay, We had a similar negative experience at SSR on a previous trip with many things broken in the room & multiple calls to get things fixed. We eventually had to switch rooms because things were so bad. That's when we contacted the manager of SSR who encouraged us to try the resort one more time & to call him before our next trip.
We did so & had a much better experience this time.

However, next trip, we're staying at Boardwalk. It's time for a change.

I've had many great trips there, again I was a little surprised, they did get everything fixed. When I inquired about a move, they were full no rooms, plus I didn't push it.

The other thing that bothered me was the guy at the pool who said he got 3 2bedroom villas (cash ressies) for his family and only just booked 2 months ago, I'm like really, I booked at 11 months and he got rooms near pool and I didn't and we requested.

I'm fully aware of the certain rooms available for us members but that just irks the heck out me.

It might be time to try somewhere else.
RayJay

Rayjay - did you try going back to the front desk after viewing your location and asking them if they happen to have anything closer to the pool? We stayed there last January and I was not happy with our initial room location so I asked if the had anything available with a water view. They did and we were assigned a new room. It doesn't hurt to try.

Rayjay - did you try going back to the front desk after viewing your location and asking them if they happen to have anything closer to the pool? We stayed there last January and I was not happy with our initial room location so I asked if the had anything available with a water view. They did and we were assigned a new room. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hello,

Yes we did, actually at check in when I found out I was in the back of Grandstand. We asked for Grandstand near pool, this is the first time we didn't get our full request, so that was a shocker. Now I realize room request are not guaranteed, so everyone please don't slam.

But when the guy that is not DVC member gets 3 suites in the building I wanted, yes I'm disappointed about that.

This is our 23rd trip to Disney, I guess I was more surprised by the problems with a renovated room. The room location we can deal with, we have had good locations and bad. I don't think it's realistic to get what you want every time.

RayJay

I love it when trips go like that. It's almost like " could this trip get any better"? And then it does. That is what it's all about!

Do you make your request through DVC or the DVC website? We have never requested a certain section/room before. I think the only request I ever made was for top floor so we did not have to listen to people stomping above us, but I cant remember if I made it through DVC or during check-in.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Sorry about that, I had no clue you asked me a question (I didn't get an email update). Well to answer it, I always call MS to make my requests. I always try to put in a couple of requests with the first one being the most important but I only give no more then 2 requests at a time. I never make a request for a specific room number because that can be difficult for the room assigner to fulfill, the only time I did give a specific room number was when we stayed at VGC. Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter