Reasons not to stay at BWV as listed by CAROLMN

in how they decorate for christmas,I would rebook at vwl or buy a christmas tree and decorate OKW

pmcpmc,

Thanks for putting up the first half of my first trip report (saved me the effort of coming up with ideas to add to this list). I'm glad that the add-on part wasn't there, now I shouldn't have any trouble with my next standard view ressie;)

Originally posted by kathleena
Well, after being confused, then seeing what was going on, then being confused, then figuring it out, then laughing hysterically about many of your creative thoughts (several of which have certainly floated through my head and I'm not mentioning about who........er.........what) ................ I find myself with not much to say except:

I can't imagine with all these downers why anyone in their right mind would want to ever stay at BWV. Those of you, like me, who are forced to stay there because you foolishly bought there, maybe we can meet by the pool bar, take a walk around the lake, ride the boat to Epcot, sit and watch the fireworks, or have morning coffee and pastries from the bakery one day and wallow in our misery.
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!! LOL!!

You are right about the sofa.......it is a major insult to the owners to have people think we all need furniture this large. I alsp forgot to mention how tacky the boardwalk entrance looks on a night approach...what do they think its broadway or Vegas. Just invites all the rif raff that come from those awful value resorts.....you know the ones that have now joined DVC and made it less than the upscale snooty club it was made to be...its shameful

I have been very ill over the last few years and have been looking over past posts on my return .
I have always enjoyed this thread
and tyguy's first trip to Bwv just reminded me of it.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
we don't want to encourage too many newcomer

Someone once reported seeing prostitutes in the hot tub. It was on TripAdvisor or some other rating website.

:rotfl::rotfl:
Boardwalk is still our favorite! Location is great!

its not a place to stay especially if your home is the wonderful ssr or the large roomed okw or the fantastic pool at bcv
or the wonderful location of blt this place is adump by comparison

Creaaaaaakkkk. Opening up the vault to get this oldie, moldy out.

I read all the posts in this thread and was surprised not to find one from Richyams. So, in his honor, I am quoting his post from another thread:

If convenience and luxury are what you are after, BWV will not dissappoint!

Not only can you see the TV from the hot tub, you can actually reach into the kitchen and re-fill your coffee from the hot tub!

You can reach in and grab a beer from the fridge while you are out on the balcony!!!

Some people call those units tiny, I think Disney had luxury and convenience in mind.

In the new spirit of humor being disparraged, I guess I need to add a discmaimer.

Disclaimer: You can't actually reach into the fridge from the balcony or reach into the kitchen from the hot tub. While I do believe the units are tiny and really unusable, I was using exageration as a tool for humor. I apologize in advance for any feelings I may have hurt.

Hey, Rich, I say hello to you every time I pass Fred's tombstone at Haunted Mansion. Still miss you on these boards.

The close proximity of the bakery is horrible.

The pastries go right to your waistline.

Of course, the loooooooong walk down the hallways helps a bit but then you are just hungry again. So, back down to the boardwalk you go just to fill up on the yummy food at Spoodles, ESPN, or Flying Fish.

And did I mention the walk to Epcot?? How I hate entering through the back gate and having such close proximity to my favorite park.

That's it. I'm selling my points. :p

Kristen :earsgirl:

Dh just reminded me how much he hates watching Illuminations from the balcony. Now that really rankles.

Yes that darn bakery. :rolleyes1 Instead of losing weight on your vacation with all the walking..YOU WILL gain weight because the bakery is SO CLOSE. Then you are SO CLOSE TO THE SHOWCASE and that only encourages MORE eating. BAD BAD BAD for the diet. :laughing:

OMG...... I need some screen cleaner after reading this. :rotfl:

We just joined DVC at BWV and I've booked two trips to BWV already. We'll be there in January and will be glad to do some more investigating for the cause ! I even volunteer to check out the alleged hot tub trespasser. :rolleyes1 What color bikini was she wearing ? :flower3:

And to think, I just booked a lousy standard View Studio for next October...... what was I thinking ?!?!? :eek:

This thread is over six years old. Everyone spotted at the resort has died.

But surely we can come up with some more creative problems with BWV (where I have been forced to stay probably more than any other DVC property). I do think that the proximity to both Epcot and DHS encourages too much time in parks, and interferes with hot tub and balcony use. ;)

I REALLY hope it's not that bad! DH and I just booked a 1BR for 8 nights in May with a BW view due to circumstances beyond our control.

Holy Bump-up Batman! :yay:

I had a smile seeing some posters of the past (an present) come back to life!:goodvibes

I REALLY hope it's not that bad! DH and I just booked a 1BR for 8 nights in May with a BW view due to circumstances beyond our control.

Oh it is really horrid! You should definitely avoid BW at all costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter