Reassure me..

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
After watching the hard rock and portofino on tv today, i am beginning to wonder if i made a mistake. The PBH really appeals to me, but Hard Rock seemed really cool. I had my heart set on PBH from the get go but after watching travel channel, I am not sure. We wanted the extra room since we have to get a rollaway, and the beds just looked so comfortable at PBH. I know I will love it, but would i have loved hard rock more.? I called and Hard Rock had no more rooms, but they had them online(don't know how that is). With the fan club rate i can get it at a good price, but with all the stuff going on with the fan club card i am afraid to use it, and no more ENT rates are avaliable(we have one for PBH). I do have one more ? about PBH, on the comparison chart it says PBH has a cold plunge, what exactly is this? TYIA.

I know what you mean.We are actually splitting up our stay and staying at both for our trip. If not, I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

I know what you mean!! My Hubby and I have always stayed at the Hard Rock just because thats the trade off for also staying at Disney on the same trips:rolleyes: But boy do I want to stay at the Portofino!!! ::yes:: either way you go, be sure to check out the annual pass rates!! we saved over $100 a NIGHT!! ( much more than the fan rate ) the passes are about 170 and the code is APH

I am sure you will have fun on your vacation even if you are forced to stay at the Portofino:p

TTFN,
Kellie

I would relax and enjoy your first choice one theme on these boards is that most guests stay loyal to the first onsite they stayed at on universal property and although they stay at others I think is that spcl first time stay also it all comes from what u expect of the resort so just chill and enjoy :jester:

maybe true...maybe true. RPR was the first one we stayed at and we love it. Then we tried HRH Club and it was ok. I love the themeing of the South Pacific, very exotic and that is why I always choose to stay at RPR.

Which ever resort you choose, you will have a wonderful time! HRH is closer to USF and RPR is closer to IOA. Both easy walking distance. PBH is somewhat behind HRH so the walk to the parks are a little bit further I think. And with PBH I don't think you will get the view of the parks, which to me is the best part of the room! Seeing the parks right outside my window..now to me that is part of "magic!"

Why not keep your ressie for the PBH but plan to spend a day at the HRH pool and have lunch or dinner there? That's what we're doing! We also plan to go to the Luau at the RPR so that we can check out the atmosphere there as well.

I love PBH! I don't mind that it is further from the parks because I love the boat ride. The rooms are beautiful. It is a wonderful place to stay I don't think you will be disappointed.
This time we are going to try HRH and I am really looking forward to it! I have two pool view rooms reserved, in fact I just added another day so now we will have 6 fabulous nights at Universal!

A day at the pool at HRH and a luau at RPR sound great but dont you have to be a guest a these hotels to go th the pools and the luau ??? I Know thi may be a silly question, but I have never been to Universal and I was hoping the the HRH pool is restricted to guests only.

If you are a guest at either of the 3 hotels you can pool hop. As far as the luau goes, I'm not sure if you need to be a guest at either hotel (probably not).

PBH is lovely and I can't imagine that you won't enjoy it. Besides HRH is right across the street so you can easily go over there.

I guess that we are the oddballs here.

Our first onsite stay was at HRH, and we LOVED it!!
Our second stay was at PBH and we LOVED it too......

Our third stay was at HRH, and what a disappointment!! The reservation was made in January for a December stay, and when we arrived, was informed that our HRH Club room was "unavailable". DH was not happy, and the weekend went downhill from there.

When we left, he said "It's PBH from now on....." So we have two ressies for PBH for Memorial Day weekend and his birthday weekend in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter