Recent Cruisers-Best servers on Magic?

TinkerBellPixie4Goal:
You'd appreciate this one. Our server was Mark from Great Britain and my girls thought he looked just like "Oliver Wood" - developed major crushes on the poor bloke.

Anyway, he was wonderful, very nice. His assistant was Francisco, I believe, and he was a bit timid. We liked them a lot though, because they were very efficient, friendly, and right on the money with their recommendations for food and wine.

Trishy:
Now I will have to get on a another cruise so I can request him! How fun!!! Thank you for telling me!!!

bumping for those who are just returning-anxious to hear reports since we are sailing in less than 2 weeks.

Beth - HI!~!! I think that anyone who can get Maclean as their Head Server will always have a great waitstaff - he is a fabulous Head Server and apparently everyone who works for him thinks so also!!!

Fidelio will be on our cruise - so remember Dueling Pianos!!!!

Rae

Just sailed on the 7/5 Magic and we had Sylvester from India and Kendall from Trinidad. I was a little disappointed the first night because, although they were incredibly attentive, they seemed somewhat reserved. When we had dinner the second night they were definitely more outgoing and entertaining. They both made our cruise very, very special and I would not hesitate to request them again. It was my husband's opinion that the servers never know how a guest is going to react and therefore "play it safe" the first night until they get to know you. The family next to us was definitely more reserved and I noticed that our servers were more formal and less playful with them. Once they realize you're a fun-loving, happy group they'll behave accordingly. So the best advice I can give you is to loosen up and laugh alot and your servers will pick up their cues from your behavior.

Originally posted by jeanneg
Just sailed on the 7/5 Magic and we had Sylvester from India and Kendall from Trinidad. I was a little disappointed the first night because, although they were incredibly attentive, they seemed somewhat reserved. When we had dinner the second night they were definitely more outgoing and entertaining. They both made our cruise very, very special and I would not hesitate to request them again. It was my husband's opinion that the servers never know how a guest is going to react and therefore "play it safe" the first night until they get to know you. The family next to us was definitely more reserved and I noticed that our servers were more formal and less playful with them. Once they realize you're a fun-loving, happy group they'll behave accordingly. So the best advice I can give you is to loosen up and laugh alot and your servers will pick up their cues from your behavior.

We always do a lot of laughing at our table when the six of us are traveling together, hopefully, we should have a blast!!!

I think you are right about the servers waiting to see how you behave--they seem to follow your lead. Who was your head server? Glad you had great service.

Yes, some guests like to have their servers "seen but not heard" - and are quite aloof and distant with them. Personally, I like to laugh and tease and just have as much fun as I can without being annoying to others!!!!!!

Andy - when we cruise in April 2005 - we are going to be the center of attention - I can just picture it now - as tables around us either join in with us or order room service!!!!!

Cruisers - be afraid, be very afraid!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Yes, some guests like to have their servers "seen but not heard" - and are quite aloof and distant with them. Personally, I like to laugh and tease and just have as much fun as I can without being annoying to others!!!!!!

Andy - when we cruise in April 2005 - we are going to be the center of attention - I can just picture it now - as tables around us either join in with us or order room service!!!!!

Cruisers - be afraid, be very afraid!

Rae

Just be forwarned, in high school, I and another girl were kicked out of the library on many occasions for "laughing and disturbing the peace."

We loved our servers Gabor from Hungary and Laura from Romania on our July 12th cruise. It's it amazing how they can make your trip so much more magical.

Andy - TWIN! I was thrown out of the library once too! The day before Christmas break by Miss Nucci - I was a senior and graduating early (half year) and it wasn't my fault but she told me that I was "banned from the library". I burst out laughing at and told her that it was fine with me because that was my last day of school!

I sure do wish I would have done something to deserve being "banned"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that's why now I'm the way I am!
Rae

We just got back yesterday! Our servers were Zoran and Botund from Hungary! They were FANTASTIC! They would have bent over backwards to please us! We were very pleased and cried on the last night!!!

The BEST head servers are Lloyd from India, what Gentleman and he truly goes out of his way to help! Alen was our main head server on this cruise (not sure where he is from) He was WONDERFUL! He found out that my MIL has a liking (or addiction, LOL) to the oatmeal cookies on board and EVERY night he brought her a HUGE plate full of them to take back to her room, needless to say she took about 4 dozen home (ate about 2 dozen, LOL) and put them in the freezer!

Originally posted by Corl4
I have to agree with WIndermere...Jean was a riot. Last June he was our assistant server with Jeevan and both were great.

We had Jeevan as our Asst. Server on our first cruise in 2001, he was with Bryan from England (who has since left!!) Bryan and Jeevan are tops on our list!

We were on the July 19th Western and our servers were Gabor from Hungary and Laura from Romania. They were the best!! We received excellent service, great conversations, many smiles, and even some magic tricks. Don't know why we needed a head server (Alain) as Gabor and Laura had everything down to a 'science' and completely under control. We are going to try to request them when we cruise again!

Bobbi

I got thrown out too!!!!!! I think it was 3rd grade and was also for laughing! Ms Tiffany even took my card away so she could call my parents. A day or two later she mailed the card back in an otherwise empty envelope. My mom asked me if I had lost my library card, and thinking she already knew, I confessed the whole thing. What a sap I was!
Funny thing, years later the same woman retired from the NYPL and became the librarian for my high school. She really liked me in HS so I don't think she remembered the earlier incident!

Hey Bobbimom23 - I don't know if you noticed my post a few before yours but we also had Gabor and Laura (and Alain) the week before you. They were great, weren't they! I would also like to request them next time but since we won't be able to go again for at least 2 years, I don't know if that will be possible. But Gabor did say he has been on the Magic for 3 years. My DD10 loved his magic tricks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter