Recent experience with Budget Rental Car

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
Looking for info on recent rentals through Budget
  • General experience
  • Condition of car
  • What did you get?
  • Late night arrival
We have a trip in the next two weeks and Budget's rates have been the cheapest by far thru PL and Costco. Every now and then a Hertz rental will be comparable. Even when pricing the rental thru UT, Budget is still the cheapest. We usually use Alamo, but can't justify the hundreds extra to rent thru them for the trip. I'm down to $417 for a full size rental thru Costco (includes the additional driver). Can save about $100 by switching to UT but didn't want to prepay. Rates haven't changed much in the last couple weeks so I'm not very optimistic I will get any lower at this point. TIA

Overall, I've had a good experience with them. The best I can remember I ended up with a Camry the last 2 times. Clean, newer and really no problems. The worst part was the wait at the counter and it wasn't that bad. I too rented through Costco, best price, with no issues.

Overall, I've had a good experience with them. The best I can remember I ended up with a Camry the last 2 times. Clean, newer and really no problems. The worst part was the wait at the counter and it wasn't that bad. I too rented through Costco, best price, with no issues.

Costco member also. We rented last week. Had a clean Camry; it was a better deal than a compact car. We did Fastbreak so we went right to the car pickup area after picking up our toll pass.

We rented last week with Budget through Costco and used FastBreak. Our car was not waiting for us but they quickly found one. Thank goodness there was not a line in the garage. They gave us a clean Toyota Rav 4. We got there really early in the morning and it was an overcast day so I really couldn't see the outside condition of the car. They also had just washed it so it was wet. I did a quick walk around and it appeared to be fine. The inside was clean. By the time we got to the hotel, the car had dried off and it was brighter outside and I saw a few car dings which I had not noticed at the airport.

The last two times I rented a car, they did not have the little slip in the car to report any damage so I am not sure if rentals are doing away with minor damage. Anyways, I was not happy about the dings worried that I would be blamed for them. Even if I had taken a video of the car before leaving the airport you wouldn't have been able to see them since the car was wet. Also, one of the seatbelts in the backseat stopped working. It would not tightened up. When we returned the car, the guy basically scanned the sticker on the car and said we are good to go. I offered to show him my gas receipt and he said he knew it was full by scanning the sticker because it will register how much gas in the car. Overall, it was a good experience.

We had a rental from Budget through UndercoverTourist in January. The general experience was good. We arrived at midnight, staying at the airport and getting the car the following morning. I started online check-in to skip the counter, but it wouldn’t accept my credit card. At the counter, the agent said I could’ve gone to the garage kiosk to add it. The car was a Nissan Altima with about 30,000 miles. It looked good in the garage. When we first parked at the resort, we noticed some slight body damage, but it had been marked. There was no problem returning it.

I pulled the trigger yesterday and booked Budget for our April 14th arrival. Ive been stalking rates for weeks. We normally use Budget at MCO and have zero issues. yesterday the Elite SUV rates dropped from $1300 (10 day trip) to $855. Plus if you search "Amazon Budget Car rental" and log in thru that link using your Amazon account and Budget Fast Break - I was able to get $855 total rate PLUS $85 Amazon Credit. We did this last year and it went perfect. Last year we booked Elite SUV and had a 2021 Ford Explorer with only about 5,000 miles on it, it was really nice. Plus when using the Fastbreak you skip the inside line and go straight to garage.

I have rented trough Budget on my last two trips and have had an excellent experience. Used the Amazon Benefits code (up to 30% off and 10% back in Amazon GC). Used Fast Break to skip the line and just pick up the keys and go. Works well. My last trip I booked a Standard SUV and received a loaded, almost new, Ford Expedition. It was lovely and I'm a Chevy Girl.

I pulled the trigger yesterday and booked Budget for our April 14th arrival. Ive been stalking rates for weeks. We normally use Budget at MCO and have zero issues. yesterday the Elite SUV rates dropped from $1300 (10 day trip) to $855. Plus if you search "Amazon Budget Car rental" and log in thru that link using your Amazon account and Budget Fast Break - I was able to get $855 total rate PLUS $85 Amazon Credit. We did this last year and it went perfect. Last year we booked Elite SUV and had a 2021 Ford Explorer with only about 5,000 miles on it, it was really nice. Plus when using the Fastbreak you skip the inside line and go straight to garage.

Looking to do the same with Amazon and fastbreak.

We rented with Budget for the first time (usually Alamo renters when we have need). We will be picking up our vehicle in Naples, FL and are really clueless how Budget operates. We did Fastbreak and have a #, booked with a Groupon 30% off code and paid in advance. Budget doesn't open in Naples until 8:00 a.m., so we will be there at opening and be on our way.

Is Budget like Alamo where you skip the counter and go to the lot OR do you have to go to the counter--I am not clear on how this company functions.

Thanks!

FastBreak is Budget’s rewards/frequent users program. It allows you to check-in online and skip the counter, assuming the location offers it.

We rented with Budget for the first time (usually Alamo renters when we have need). We will be picking up our vehicle in Naples, FL and are really clueless how Budget operates. We did Fastbreak and have a #, booked with a Groupon 30% off code and paid in advance. Budget doesn't open in Naples until 8:00 a.m., so we will be there at opening and be on our way.

Is Budget like Alamo where you skip the counter and go to the lot OR do you have to go to the counter--I am not clear on how this company functions.

Thanks!

Yes it is similar to Alamo. If you haven’t rented from them, they usually require that you go to the counter the first time. After that, you can go directly to the garage. Not all locations do skip the counter though.

Absolutely sign up for their Fast Break program. You enter some extra information online prior to your trip (Drivers License number, etc) and after the first rental your can skip the counter. Even at the first rental the process is quicker because you already entered your information. Even the tiny Punta Gorta airport had a dedicated Fast Break line. Had my keys and paperwork ready to go, just grabbed them and found my car in a labeled spot.

Thanks all! We did the Fastbreak sign up when we initiated the rental. It is our first time renting so we will need to check-in at the desk, but it is in Naples (which does offer Fastbreak) and we will be there at opening time. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter