recent Hertz or Budget rental car recent experience?

I don't have personal experience with either company, but I've read a lot of negative reviews lately about Hertz with people complaining about extra hidden charges, dirty cars, etc. I also came across this thread the other day regarding Hertz:

Rental car price raised and not notified | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Good luck!
I just got an email from Hertz this morning. I had a van rented for two weeks at Christmas time for $1,200 and the reservation was made last May. The reservation with their best discount is now $3,600. Be careful if you are using any type of code. The code was from another popular Disney related site

Same here, used Budget at MCO two weeks ago and all was a breeze, walked out to the fastbreak shack and my envelope was sitting in the rack, got in and was gone probably 10 minutes after leaving baggage claim. Return was nice and fast also.
Jeff, had you ever used Budget before this trip? Been hearing mixed messages that if this is your first Budget rental you have to go to counter first to have license photocopied.

Jeff, had you ever used Budget before this trip? Been hearing mixed messages that if this is your first Budget rental you have to go to counter first to have license photocopied.

Yeah that could be possible, I don't know. I wrote the earlier post about a 2021 trip and checked past trips and used Budget 3x in 2020 and 2x in 2019. I'm a Fastbreak member but don't remember having anyone at the counter photocopy by license in the past, but I guess it's possible.

That seems to be what I’ve had to do when renting first time with everyone but Alamo. Haven’t used Budget yet though. Just the other majors. Only mention that it’s pretty standard for first rental

That seems to be what I’ve had to do when renting first time with everyone but Alamo. Haven’t used Budget yet though. Just the other majors. Only mention that it’s pretty standard for first rental
Thrifty claims you can use the skip the counter the first time. Hertz if you have to have it checked they can do it in the garage at the desk there rather than the counter inside. National confirms the info at the gate as you're driving out.

Thrifty claims you can use the skip the counter the first time. Hertz if you have to have it checked they can do it in the garage at the desk there rather than the counter inside. National confirms the info at the gate as you're driving out.
Curious. National I used first time last month. They required me come to the counter to scan my license but will not require it again for future rentals
Hertz I just signed up for today and will use first time next month. They don’t mention needing to go to the counter so good to know I won’t need to.

I normally rent with National and have always had very good experiences with them. I also have a Hertz reward membership which I haven’t used in a while. I was not impressed with Hertz for our current trip and will go back to National even if the price is higher. I currently on the 5th day of a 10 day Hertz rental. The price was decent but when I picked up the car the video panel did not work at all. They switched out the car pretty quickly but the replacement has a number of issues. First, it has over 50k miles. I’ve never had a rental with that many miles. The outside has multiple dings, all of which I photoed. The front hood had multiple dings repainted with paint that doesn’t quite match the original And it is flat, not metalic. There is no CarPlay App so I can’t use maps with the video. A warning comes on every time the car is started that says to check the fuel intake. Between 30 and 40mph the tires on the passenger side make an odd sound. This afternoon the check engine light came. We don’t plan on going offsite anymore before we return the car. Hopefully it can handle a trip the the Animal Kingdom and a trip back to the airport.

I normally rent with National and have always had very good experiences with them. I also have a Hertz reward membership which I haven’t used in a while. I was not impressed with Hertz for our current trip and will go back to National even if the price is higher. I currently on the 5th day of a 10 day Hertz rental. The price was decent but when I picked up the car the video panel did not work at all. They switched out the car pretty quickly but the replacement has a number of issues. First, it has over 50k miles. I’ve never had a rental with that many miles. The outside has multiple dings, all of which I photoed. The front hood had multiple dings repainted with paint that doesn’t quite match the original And it is flat, not metalic. There is no CarPlay App so I can’t use maps with the video. A warning comes on every time the car is started that says to check the fuel intake. Between 30 and 40mph the tires on the passenger side make an odd sound. This afternoon the check engine light came. We don’t plan on going offsite anymore before we return the car. Hopefully it can handle a trip the the Animal Kingdom and a trip back to the airport.
If you have status with Hertz and rented from MCO, why didn't you just choose a different car on the aisle?

If you have status with Hertz and rented from MCO, why didn't you just choose a different car on the aisle?
We didn’t have a lot of time, needed a specific size car and there were not many to choose from. We didn’t have time to wait. The mechanical issues didn’t show up till we left. Never experienced anything close to this with National.

We used Budget (via Costco) for the first time on 12/30/21 and had no issues. We add our Fastbreak number to the reservation and filled everything else out in advance. We went right to the garage, stopped at the garage window for keys since they didn’t have an envelope out for us, and were on our way in less than 5 minutes. They did not photocopy my husband’s license or mine.

We have rented almost exclusively Hertz the last two years. Overall good, but we are happy when we find a car under 30K. I imagine it’s just the times. But no CarPlay is no go 😳.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter