• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

recent stay at BWV, disappointing room

Most times I would agree with you. But there was a big point I meant to, but forgot to, address in my last post. And it has to do specifically with contract labor.

A couple of months ago, a lot of people were up in arms because the BW valet employees were going to be replaced with contract workers. However, during my last few stays at the BW, spanning several years, I noticed a major decrease in service regarding the valet.

Years ago, there were never cars stacked up at the valet. As soon as someone dropped off their car, an employee would drive it away, and run back up to the valet stand.

However, over the years, I noticed that they would allow arriving cars to sit there until another customer would come to request that their car be picked up. Then one of the valet guys, or girls, would jump into a car that was parked there for a while, drive that down and park it, and pick the other car up. This was causing a huge back up at valet. So bad, that even during slow times of the year, it could take up to 30 minutes to drop off our car. It was really fusterating.

I'm happy to say, during our last trip which was during President's Day week, the old service had returned. There were no more back-ups at the valet stand, even though it was one of the busiest weeks of the year. I think in this case, contact workers might have really helped improve things at the BW.

I will be interest to know what you all think.

Interesting. I don't understand it though. If accurate, what should be a coporate training issue is simply ignored and rather than address it, is instead contracted out.

Seems like a band-aid approach to one particular problem, when in fact, proper training appears to be a global problem for Disney. If effectively addressed at the corporate level, perhaps many of these jobs would not have to be contracted out and you would have happier employees and happier guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter