Recharging Coca-Cola Freestyle Cups

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
I expect to bring my previously purchased Coca-Cola freestyle cup with me to Minions Cafe next month. Is it possible to re-charge it there via the app mobile ordering system they use? I see the re-charge option on the menu, but how do they do that in the context of mobile ordering? Don't they have to physically do something with the cup to make it valid again?

They may just give you a new one and toss your old cup.

That’s what one of the kiosks did for us last week. The cup they had didn’t need to be “charged” for the first use, they were all “on/charged” and ready to go.

Thank you. That sounds a bit environment-unfriendly, but it's not my place to judge Universal.

We re-use our freestyle cups every year. You just have to go to a kiosk that supports recharge. If they try to recharge your cup and it doesn't work which happened to us for one of our cups, then it's a throw away and a new cup. There are NFC chips on the cups and sometimes they just go bad.

You mentioned doing mobile ordering. If you’re an AP holder and going before Passholder Appreciation is over, you can save at least 20% with mobile ordering. You get 10% off for the mobile order and then an additional 10% (or whatever your pass offers if it’s the top tier). During AP appreciation all tiers save on food. 20% was a great savings.

This will be the 2nd half of June, when I believe Passholder Appreciation will have ended. I will no longer be appreciated. However, I believe even the lowly seasonal AP (i.e., me) will get 10% off the freestyle recharge. Also I was pondering a trip out to one of the deluxe hotels for some food, as I think the food discount works there regardless of the calendar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter