Recipe Site Suggestions for Healthy meals?

DisneyCaliCouple

Mouseketeer
Hello! Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good recipe sites?? I'm looking for something that has healthy meals, that are still pretty easy to make.

Hubby is on a healthy meal kick and we can only eat so much marinaded chicken & rice! The healthy recipes I have found seem to be complicated or have 10 ingredients that I would ONLY use for that recipe...seems kind of a waste there!

Also, is there any recipes site where I can plug in what I have to use and it will bring up recipe suggestions? For example - I put in that I have chicken and zucchini and it gives me ideas? I thought there was, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance! I'm still a newbie meal-maker, so I'm not creative enough to throw something together on my own!

Spark People has a large recipe community... and the recipes are reviewed and commented on, sort of like allrecipes (which I also love, but hard to separate the healthy from the not-so). However, allrecipes DOES have the ingredient search that you're looking for!

I really like cookinglight.com. They have a good balance of quick, cheap weeknight meals and more involved "weekend" recipes for folks with more time on their hands.

Another vote for SkinnyTaste....our dinners this week have all come from this website. Very good and easy to make!!

I really like eatbetteramerica.com and eatingwell.com. Not all of their meals are cheap but everything is healthy and they have budget meals on their site. I also liked that they had healthier versions of holiday foods at holiday time. I am on a low sodium diet so this really helped me out.

I use Tasteofhome.com quite a bit. It has a healthy section, in fact one of their magazine offerings is Healthy Cooking where they take "regular" recipes and reconstruct them to make them healthier.

If you have a Nook, you can download the magazine (I think it's around $2 a month or so). They offer a free hard copy trial on their website.

One option they offer that I like is if you click a recipe into your "recipe box", you can click a button and it will make a grocery list for the specific recipes you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter