Recommendation for NesPresso or something similar?

I use a $20 moka pot and just mix the coffee it makes with warmed milk and whatever syrups if I want a flavored coffee. But now I can't get that $800 machine out of my head LOL

Nespresso & Keurig both seem like pricey ways to make a cup of coffee. They could probably give the machine away and then just make a profit on selling those brewing cups/pods. Does the coffee really taste any better with either of these?

No, in fact, my coffee snob husband hated it. We had a Keurig for a while because we had four coffee drinkers in the house who all wanted something different. Then we found an aeropress and now have four coffee drinkers that can still all get something different. And yes, pricey. The machines aren't cheap, the pods are very pricey (and most of them - especially the cheap ones, are an eco nightmare)

Its all relative and what each person sees as good value. Using a Nespresso or Keurig pod machine , the coffee making process is similar to using a Barista machine. Very fine coffee grounds are compressed under pressure and the water is run though this compressed coffee. This creates an Esspresso coffee, which is a concentrated small amount of coffee with a creamy top layer. Depending on the persons preference, hot water or warm milk is then added to make a larger coffee drink.

With a French Press or Cafeteria, the coffee is steeped. The coffee grounds are larger in size and are immersed in the water and then strained.
The Complete Guide To Coffee

Which is how the $20 Moka works as well. The Aeropress is is a steeped coffee maker - similar to a French Press but without the cleaning issues.

(Can you tell I've owned a LOT of coffee makers in my life. From $1500 Espresso machines (took up too much counter space and getting it fixed was a pain in the back end (and expensive)) to Keriugs to Mr. Coffees. I wouldn't recommend either a Moka or a Aeropress if you are looking for pots of coffee to feed crowds. For that I like a drip maker with a insulated carafe and NO HEATING ELEMENT. Coffee does not benefit from cooking after its brewed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter