Recs for Harmonious viewing

daisylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
We're going on our first WDW trip since Covid started next week. party: Seems like it's a whole new world there though and I am really having to relearn all the tips and tricks. :hyper2:

We have hopper tickets and have just night we'll be in Epcot through closing so want to try and get a good viewing spot for Harmonious. We don't want to line up two hours ahead of time, so doesn't have to be the best spot, a good spot will have to do us. :rotfl2:

Any recommendations for a good viewing spot that we could aim for lining up no more than 45 minutes ahead of time? If we're stuck on a ride and get out later than planned, any recommendations for a later spot for decent viewing?

Or any spots that you would say definitely to avoid?

:thanks:

We watched from the little alcove behind the fish shop in the UK. It was a nice little spot but we didn’t have a view of the center circular barge so I think we missed something. We rolled up to that spot literally as the show was starting. I would recommend something a bit more centrally located.

How tall is the group? If tall enough there's not as big of a hurry. If you have shorter folks and really want to be in the actual front row, prob 45 to an hour directly out from SE, -which is the best angles of the show IMO.

Also consider the wind being either at your back, or at least moving left or right for the smoke.

I would pefer seeing the main circle if possible.

Straight on from SE is best, second we like Japan ( a bit of angle but plenty good) or Germany-same thing, and those are also 45 to an hour for the front.
'
Mexico not too bad, Canada area not the best spots.

We watched from the little alcove behind the fish shop in the UK. It was a nice little spot but we didn’t have a view of the center circular barge so I think we missed something. We rolled up to that spot literally as the show was starting. I would recommend something a bit more centrally located.
Thanks, will keep that in mind!

How tall is the group? If tall enough there's not as big of a hurry. If you have shorter folks and really want to be in the actual front row, prob 45 to an hour directly out from SE-which is the best angles of the show IMO.

Also consider the wind being either at your back, or at least moving left or right for the smoke.

I would pefer seeing the main circle if possible.

Straight on rom SE is best, second we like Japan ( a bit of angle but plenty good) or Germany-same thing.
'
Mexico not too bad, Canada area not the best spots.
One tall guy and the rest of us are 4'9"-5'3", so not the tallest bunch. :laughing:

I'll keep those locations in mind and see where we end up about 8pm to try and get a good spot!

In July we were able to stand out on the Isola (the little outcropping) across from Italy. If there are no private parties that have booked the Isola, CMs will let you stand there.

We staked out a spot right at the railings about 45 minutes before Harmonius started. Until about 15 minutes before the show, there were very few people in the area. The view was fabulous. Also didn’t hurt that there was easy access to the wine bar across the way. 😁

We stood across from Japan and the view was spectacular! The perfect spot is between the stage and the red tower thingy out in the water (directly across from the food stand that sells shaved ice I believe). I think maybe we got there an hour before, but I think honestly there would still be plenty of room if you got there 45 minutes before. Btw, I absolutely loved the show, and I've NEVER liked Epcot's shows, so I think you'll very much enjoy it!

We stood across from Japan and the view was spectacular! The perfect spot is between the stage and the red tower thingy out in the water (directly across from the food stand that sells shaved ice I believe). I think maybe we got there an hour before, but I think honestly there would still be plenty of room if you got there 45 minutes before. Btw, I absolutely loved the show, and I've NEVER liked Epcot's shows, so I think you'll very much enjoy it!

Thank you!

It’s not a straight on view but watching from the Japan pavilion is a pretty good. If you walk up into the pavilion- almost in front of Mitsukoshi you are on a slight rise and the view is pretty good. The best thing about it is you can walk up 10 - 15 minutes before the show and get a good spot. Everyone crowds down by the lagoon and leaves that area pretty open until last minute.

It’s not a straight on view but watching from the Japan pavilion is a pretty good. If you walk up into the pavilion- almost in front of Mitsukoshi you are on a slight rise and the view is pretty good. The best thing about it is you can walk up 10 - 15 minutes before the show and get a good spot. Everyone crowds down by the lagoon and leaves that area pretty open until last minute.

Yep agreed. After a few times seeing the show, we find many areas including Japan (and Germany/Italy area) where you can hang back and show up even last minute and be fine-except maybe shorter folks for the actually lower lake visuals.

As for a one time visit, still is nice to be up front if possible for a shorter group IMO.

If you're not in a hurry to exit right after the show, Japan has a great, central viewpoint. We've watched it from UK also and it was great.

Yep, unless your staying at EPCOT Resorts-then it's the best.

We have a few trips coming up (3 different stays) at Riviera-that Skyliner looks awful right after so we will finally be testing that out.

It's partly a trade-off on how long you want to stand around waiting for the show to start as well as how long it will take to exit once it's over. I can recall with the prior show (don't remember the name) we stood fairly close but the wind shifted during the show so everyone around us was getting showered with burnt out cinders from the fireworks display. Would NEVER stand close again. Right at the entrance to World Showcase would be far enough away to avoid crowds and also allow for reasonable exit assuming you plan to exit at the main entrance.

If it's an Extra Evening hour... we watched it from Norway, next to the main build and across the walkway. Was raised up a little and was great even for the kids to see, but you don't get the full on view of the main screen.

You do get to walk right on Frozen.... for us it was no wait at all at that point. There were some in the mainline, but strangely they had us go down the onetime FastPass line. I guess that's where the folks with the scanners were?

If it's an Extra Evening hour... we watched it from Norway, next to the main build and across the walkway. Was raised up a little and was great even for the kids to see, but you don't get the full on view of the main screen.

You do get to walk right on Frozen.... for us it was no wait at all at that point. There were some in the mainline, but strangely they had us go down the onetime FastPass line. I guess that's where the folks with the scanners were?
We will be there for a Monday extra evening hours. This is a good tip, if we're towards that side that will be our go to spot. Would be great to hop on FEA afterward.
It's partly a trade-off on how long you want to stand around waiting for the show to start as well as how long it will take to exit once it's over. I can recall with the prior show (don't remember the name) we stood fairly close but the wind shifted during the show so everyone around us was getting showered with burnt out cinders from the fireworks display. Would NEVER stand close again. Right at the entrance to World Showcase would be far enough away to avoid crowds and also allow for reasonable exit assuming you plan to exit at the main entrance.
My sister got some of the ash right in her eye once from Iluminations, it was very uncomfortable for her. Definitely don't want any of us to go through that again.

Seems like Japan is a popular spot, I'm kind of playing it by ear and will see where we are around the world showcase when it's getting near that time. Would love to be in the front but if we're far around it's good to know Italy, Japan and Norway are good potential spots also.

:disrocks:

We watched it tonight from a little bridge type area in fron of Italy and the view was great. You need to be there by 8:30 or so, though.

In January we went in the middle part right in front no more than 15 mins before I would say and ended to right near the front. Don't know if it was luck or what, but the area had not filled in.

In January we went in the middle part right in front no more than 15 mins before I would say and ended to right near the front. Don't know if it was luck or what, but the area had not filled in.

That has happened to us as well. And it does kind of incline up somewhat there which helps the view a bit.

We watched it tonight from a little bridge type area in fron of Italy and the view was great. You need to be there by 8:30 or so, though.
We also watched from a Bridge in Italy last month. I was shocked we were able to, in years past, those areas were always blocked off for private parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter