• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Red lanyard given in LL

twodogs

DIS Veteran
We are here now and twice we have been given the red lanyard to determine the wait time for a ride, but we were in the LL. I have seen them do this for years in the regular SB lines to determine the current SB wait, but I have not seen them do this for LL (maybe I just missed it at our December WDW trip). We were given the lanyard on TSMM and RSR. I gather they are trying to see how long it takes to get through the LL because either LL guests are saying it takes too long and is not worth the price, or SB guests are saying that too many LL guests are being put through and the SB wait is too long. I’m sure Disney will try to thread the needle to keep both sides happy and spending money…

I've read some posts about das folks and the LL line and it taking too long. As the point of das is because an individual can't wait in line this is an issue. Maybe they are trying to figure it out.

We were given it for Matterhorn LL last week and I saw them handing it out to others in other lines. The Space Mtn LL was pretty long when we were there, but it was a day that a lot of stuff was down and people were probably using LLEPs.

This seems like a very good sign that they ARE paying attention to guest experience and trying to get some data to identify pain points. With all the 'Disney doesn't care' sentiment lately, this feels like a positive step in the right direction.

The Buzz LL was backed up every time we used a LL this trip. The line just to scan in to the LL was roped and snaking almost into the gift shop. I don’t understand how this ride can get backed up consistently since it is a continual loader and then never have the line inside backed up.

The Buzz LL was backed up every time we used a LL this trip. The line just to scan in to the LL was roped and snaking almost into the gift shop. I don’t understand how this ride can get backed up consistently since it is a continual loader and then never have the line inside backed up.
Yesterday we wait almost twice as long as the posted time for Buzz. A CM told us it was because they had a lot of wheelchair guests ahead of us and they had to stop the ride for loading and unloading. While this may be true - we saw about 30% of the car not being filled. People were not keeping up in the loading area and the CMs were not doing a great job of directing.

I love the red lanyard and card. I used to let my kids when they were really little hold it. I told them that they were officially hired as temporary Cast Members. Even one of the CMs, said to my DS that he had a very important job to hand this to the next CM at the end of the line before getting on the ride. My DS held that card with a Kung-Foo death grip.

They have been doing this since Genie+ launched. We got a red card at Incredicoaster LL in December. We have also recently gotten them at Toy Story Midway Mania and Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter