reenter on the 17th

Kristofke

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to reenter on the 17th?

Or is it when you go out and it is full, you can't get back in, even when you have a ticket and a stamp?

Is that even the case if you just need something out of the car? Something for your videocamera for example.

Or can we just skip half that day untill the "events" and visit the (empty?) DCA?

I recommend getting a locker to put stuff you don't want to carry. I have a PS booked at the Blue Bayou & Disney Dining called me & said that they expect to close the park before noon on the 17th. If that happens, they won't let anyone back in.

How bad have crowds been this week? We go later in July and I am getting worried. I am spoiled former local and am not sure if I will be able to cope... I guess we will aim for some of our favorite minor attractions if the lines are bad.

we will try to do all the main attractions of disneyland and DCA this thursday july 14th.

Do you think it is already very crowded?

And does it sound possible to do both DL and DCA on one day (excluding all the little attractions in fantasyland etc).

8 am is early... I think big attractions like Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain should be okay before 9.30 am not? They don't have fast pass riders the first hour I thought so lines should be faster in the morning.

I have heard that on the 17th those entering the park will recieve wrist bands that you will have to wear while you are in the park. If the time comes that the park reaches capacity the gates will be closed and it will almost work like a club. Meaning, when 10 people leave the park they will have to surrender thier wrist bands and then the next 10 people will be allowed into the park. If you want to come back into the park you will have to wait in line again. :cool1:

I have said this on a few threads. The info the CMs are given states you will be allowed to re enter the park the same park you left on that day. It sounded like even if the gates were closed you could still come back. I'm pretty sure once they close the gate they will only let you re enter, and not let new people.

I highly doubt if you enter DL then leave and go to DCA that you will be allowed to re enter DL if the gates are closed, but according to the ino they are telling CMs to tell guests you will be allowed back into DL if you were in it and left.

Do you expect this to be just on the 17th? How about re entry the 18th through the end of the week?

This info was specific to the 17th. I'd actually be surprised that they would have high enough crowds to close the parks down. Usually that only happens Easter week, week betwen xmas and NYE. Only other time it happened a lot was when the elecrical parade was leaving park was routinely closed by early afternoon on weekends the last couple months of the parade. Also you can ask as you leave the park if you will have a problem getting back in. If they have are nearing capacity (or have reached it and closed the park) then you would not want to leave between 6 and fireworks. If you were to leave in the afternoon for a break, and come back by 6 or so, I doubt you'd have an issue getting back in.

We go to DL every NYE and 4th of July. Never had a problem getting in. We have left at 6pm on NYE and told we may not get back in. Went and got dinner, were back by 9, no problems getting back in on NYE. Couple of times somone in our party has entered at 11 on NYE. We've also entered up to the fireworks on July 4th.

They usually do a soft closing where they stop allowing certain groups in. Then as people start to leave the parks, they will start to allow more people in, so when you leave you have lost your spot.

For Sunday, the plan is to do a hard close. When they hit the magic number, they're done. Then only re entrys are allowed in from that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter