>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

If I just want coffee from the beverage station at Cove Cafe (BLT), can I re-use a refillable mug from a previous trip (or any cup for that matter)? I'm basing this on the assumption there isn't an RFID reader at the coffee dispensers.

No. There isn't a technical enforcement at the coffee station like there is at the soda dispenser, but you still have to pay for coffee. If you want to use your old mug, you could buy a cup of coffee and pour it into your mug.

If I just want coffee from the beverage station at Cove Cafe (BLT), can I re-use a refillable mug from a previous trip (or any cup for that matter)? I'm basing this on the assumption there isn't an RFID reader at the coffee dispensers.
If you buy a cup of coffee at one of the resort counter service restaurants then you can get three free refills on the cup. We didn't buy a refillable mug on our last trip. I hated the white handles. So we bought a fountain drink or cup of coffee and were able to refill both of them three times each day. We spent less money than if we had bought the mug, especially since we only ate breakfast at the resort.

We are going in late September. My husband and I are BIG coffee drinkers. We'd like to use our refillable mug to get coffee at the resort (Wilderness Lodge) before we head to the parks, but I really don't want to drag our mugs all over the park. Are there disposable coffee cups that we can pour the coffee into to take with us? Then we can rinse the mugs out and leave at guest services? I don't want to waste snack credits on Starbucks every day, and one cup of coffee in the room just won't cut it.

We are going in late September. My husband and I are BIG coffee drinkers. We'd like to use our refillable mug to get coffee at the resort (Wilderness Lodge) before we head to the parks, but I really don't want to drag our mugs all over the park. Are there disposable coffee cups that we can pour the coffee into to take with us? Then we can rinse the mugs out and leave at guest services? I don't want to waste snack credits on Starbucks every day, and one cup of coffee in the room just won't cut it.
I'm not sure what you mean by "leave at guest services." You want to leave your mugs somewhere then come back at the end of the day and pick them up?

You can rent a locker. But I don't believe there is anywhere else to leave them.

Guest Services won't hold mugs or any other possessions. Their function is to answer questions for guests and assist in resolving (some) problems. If you want to store any belongings while in the park, you would have to rent a locker.

I had heard that Guest Services at the resort can hold them until you get back. Maybe that was resort-specific, or was a special occasion. We could also take them back to the room instead. Just wondering if there's another option for getting a cup of coffee to go.

I had heard that Guest Services at the resort can hold them until you get back. Maybe that was resort-specific, or was a special occasion. We could also take them back to the room instead. Just wondering if there's another option for getting a cup of coffee to go.
You can ask housekeeping to bring you extra packets of coffee, then you can make the coffee in your room and use disposable cups that you could bring from home.

The Wilderness Lodge is a small resort and it might not be too far of a walk to take your refillable mugs back to the room.

You could also take your disposable cups down to Roaring Forks and fill them with coffee. If a cast member challenges you then show them your receipt for the refillable mugs and explain your reasons for leaving the mugs in the room.

If you buy a cup of coffee at one of the resort counter service restaurants then you can get three free refills on the cup. We didn't buy a refillable mug on our last trip. I hated the white handles. So we bought a fountain drink or cup of coffee and were able to refill both of them three times each day. We spent less money than if we had bought the mug, especially since we only ate breakfast at the resort.

Unless something has changed since the last time I bought the disposable cups, they are only good for three refills AND a two hour time limit. So, you can get three drinks but not throughout the day.

Unless something has changed since the last time I bought the disposable cups, they are only good for three refills AND a two hour time limit. So, you can get three drinks but not throughout the day.
Actually, you can fill your cup four times. The initial time and three more times within a two hour period.

Actually, you can fill your cup four times. The initial time and three more times within a two hour period.

But if you're filling up 4 times, the 2nd through 4th fills are actually refills, so china mom is correct. ;)

My daughters like to go down to the food court and get my coffee in the morning, it's their thing...no complaints here! I would transfer into my water bottle for the day and finish it on the bus. Upcoming trip we will have a car so I can happily leave the mug in there :-)

But the two hour limit is still there, right?
I had bought a cup for Coke and when I went to fill it up the display said that I could fill it up three times up until midnight. I used the cup for two refills in the afternoon and went back after fireworks that evening and filled it up one more time.

I had bought a cup for Coke and when I went to fill it up the display said that I could fill it up three times up until midnight. I used the cup for two refills in the afternoon and went back after fireworks that evening and filled it up one more time.

Nice. I don't think I could suck down 4 sodas in two hours so having until midnight is a nice change.

Do the mugs still have the ugly white handle on them. We aren't going till September so I'm hoping they have a different design and have handles that match.

Do the mugs still have the ugly white handle on them. We aren't going till September so I'm hoping they have a different design and have handles that match.
A friend posted a picture of their lunch, and the mug still had the white handle.

I don't mind it, but I know others do. I wonder if they will change them back, once these are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter