Refillable mug?

first time to aulani; do they have milk as an option for the refillable mugs? My girls drink it before bed every night. TIA

first time to aulani; do they have milk as an option for the refillable mugs? My girls drink it before bed every night. TIA
Nope. Not even WDW has milk as an option for the mugs. I would go to the store and buy some to keep in your fridge. The Island Country Market across the street will have some.

How much is tax - 8.25%? I was going to the gift card for the mugs - I don't want to get one with not enough on it. I need 7 so I was guessing around 25.00 with tax for each mug does that sound about right? Gift card for 7 mugs - $200.00 cover it? (175.00 for the mugs?)

That’s not the sign I quoted. Again, I understand the intent. I DON’T understand the outrage LOL

That’s not the sign I quoted. Again, I understand the intent. I DON’T understand the outrage LOL
I know what sign that you are talking about. There are 2 different ones, the one that is on the shelf that has the mugs, is the one that you are talking about. And then they have a second one that makes it clear that they are for the length of your stay only. I get that in the grand scheme of things, bringing your cup back with you is not at the level of something like stealing a shirt from the store. Though technically it is still stealing if that is their policy. But no one is going to arrest you for it. But it comes down to then they have to do things like put chips in their cups, making it a pain for everyone. Aulani does not get the repeat guest with the same amount or frequency that WDW does, but it can still add up. Everyone has a different moral compass. Some think that "little" things like this "are not a big deal". Some people feel differently and don't feel right knowing that they are breaking the rules. Those that are the latter are sick of people who do whatever they want, I imagine.

It would almost be better if the mugs were chipped and you could bring back mugs from previous trips and pay to reactivate them - say, $17. We only have so much cupboard space so I wouldn’t want a souvenir mug from every trip, plus at some point it just becomes plastic waste, but I would want refillable beverages every time.

Edit: At some point my "moral compass" is going to make me decide not to buy new mugs so that I'm not responsible for more plastic waste, which means I miss out on refillable beverages when I'd be quite happy to use my existing mugs and pay to reactivate them.

Last edited:
It would almost be better if the mugs were chipped and you could bring back mugs from previous trips and pay to reactivate them - say, $17. We only have so much cupboard space so I wouldn’t want a souvenir mug from every trip, plus at some point it just becomes plastic waste, but I would want refillable beverages every time.
Yes! It's plastic waste if you have to keep buying new ones.

I agree. I don't know why they don't do that.

I agree. I don't know why they don't do that.
I’m sure if you bring back your own mugs and ask them to charge you for new mugs and but you don’t actually take the new ones they would happily do it.
Idk why they wouldn’t since it’s not chipped.

I’m sure if you bring back your own mugs and ask them to charge you for new mugs and but you don’t actually take the new ones they would happily do it.
Idk why they wouldn’t since it’s not chipped.
True, but if they have a different style or color from the last visit, they may have issues with it and you would have to try to explain it to everyone who says anything. Plus that will end up messing with their inventory if you did that. Which wouldn't be a big deal if one or 2 people did that, but that would basically be Disney reselling the same cup over and over and that might lead to legal issues.

True, but if they have a different style or color from the last visit, they may have issues with it and you would have to try to explain it to everyone who says anything. Plus that will end up messing with their inventory if you did that. Which wouldn't be a big deal if one or 2 people did that, but that would basically be Disney reselling the same cup over and over and that might lead to legal issues.
I can see the inventory issue but I doubt CMs will even bother with “you’re bringing old mug” issue. I’ve heard about people bringing old mugs for years and I’ve not read anyone being scolded for it.
Unless I just missed the threads on that.
But I get what you’re saying. As someone who has had to do inventory before… it’s a PITA when the numbers don’t match by a lot, 😂.

I can see the inventory issue but I doubt CMs will even bother with “you’re bringing old mug” issue. I’ve heard about people bringing old mugs for years and I’ve not read anyone being scolded for it.
Unless I just missed the threads on that.
But I get what you’re saying. As someone who has had to do inventory before… it’s a PITA when the numbers don’t match by a lot, 😂.
The mugs have pretty much been the same for years, so it was pretty hard for them to know which where new and which were old. Why do you think WDW kept changing their mug designs? And if management thinks that it is an issue, then the cast members will have no choice but to say things. Why put cast members in that position?

I know Ulu cafe has the refill stations, but where else are the refill stations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter