• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refrigerators at DVC resorts-NOW I'm worried!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just read some reports on Facebook that the refrigerator situation does involve DVC resorts. And they say it's not just mini-fridges, but also full-size. Can anyone give more info on this? And on Facebook, they said BCV was OK, because they were already "done". What does this mean? Are new refrigerators going in soon?

won't worry too much.

since we are using DVC - which guarantees us a refrigerator - then either it HAS to be there - or they have to send us a letter - not email nor put it on facebook - that there will not be refrigerators - but really think DVC is better than that.

I think the resort "refrigerators" were really thermoelectric coolers that only cool 40 degrees below room temperature (more like what they sell to plug into a car) than a real fridge with a compressor (and can freeze stuff).

So it made sense that DVC was not impacted.

There seem to be some DVC owners now getting letters, so I'm not sure if that is a mistake or not.

We just returned from a DVC trip and had a refrigerator. Unless you see the DVC message boards explode with comments about missing refrigerators (and believe me, you would) I would not loose sleep over it.

So I rented points for a split stay between SSR and BWV studios for mid September and got a letter about the fridges today. It didn't specify a resort, it just said that they are disconnecting the "affected in room refrigerators until a replacement can be installed." no resort confirmation number either, just a very generic letter pretty much saying you might have a fridge, you might not. To complicate matters I had cancelled a room at all star music a few weeks ago so I guess that letter could have been from that reservation as well!

We just returned from a DVC trip and had a refrigerator. Unless you see the DVC message boards explode with comments about missing refrigerators (and believe me, you would) I would not loose sleep over it.

Thanks! I DO tend to lose sleep and worry too much!

We head out tomorrow for an AKV stay. Yesterday I received a very non- specific letter welcoming me back to WDw and saying they found a defect with fridges, they had removed them and they will be replacing them in the future. I emailed to AK club concierge ( we have 2 nts club level, 5 in value studio) and was told he didn't think the fridge situation affected any club level rooms. I also have a BCV studio booked for October so the letter may have pertained to that stay. I am confused and I'll be really ticked off if any of my reserved DVC accommodations have no fridge.

Staying at AKL studio standard room mid Sept. Received the fridge letter today. We always order food and drinks from Garden Grocer. Wish we knew if it affected us or not. Hope some DVCers let us know if they are going in the next the two weeks. We will update when we get there to let others know the situation. Hope the generic letter is just that generic and doesn't affect DVC properties. Thanks all.

Staying at AKL studio standard room mid Sept. Received the fridge letter today. We always order food and drinks from Garden Grocer. Wish we knew if it affected us or not. Hope some DVCers let us know if they are going in the next the two weeks. We will update when we get there to let others know the situation. Hope the generic letter is just that generic and doesn't affect DVC properties. Thanks all.

Oh Oh! I'm staying in a standard studio at AKV in 2 1/2 weeks. Maybe the fact that I haven't gotten the letter means I'm OK?

I am staying at BWV 8/31-9/8 and got the letter about the fridge yesterday. I really hope we have one.

I am staying at BWV 8/31-9/8 and got the letter about the fridge yesterday. I really hope we have one.

I will also be at BWV this same week. I got the letter today and I called the number on it. The CM told me BWV is not on the affected resort list. I asked her why did I get this letter then, and she said it is a mass mailing. :confused3

::yes::

We got a letter but it did not specify a reservation it was for - we are staying at BLT in a studio in Sept and at VGF in Oct. I assume that since VGF were not furnished before the problem it should not be affected.

We just stayed in Kidani village for a week (just got home today). From what i understand the mini refrigerators in the studios could be taken out, but not the regular size fridges. But we had a lock-off and the small fridge was there (and working) and my friend was in a studio and also has her mini fridge.

Is there any value in calling DVC and asking about specific resorts? I'm staying BCV Studio in a few weeks and could really use a straight answer from Disney (I know, I'm a dreamer, lol)

I will also be at BWV this same week. I got the letter today and I called the number on it. The CM told me BWV is not on the affected resort list. I asked her why did I get this letter then, and she said it is a mass mailing. :confused3

Thanks that's reassuring!

I called DVC and was told (by someone who seemed annoyed I was even asking - I imagine they're getting the question a lot right now) that the DVCs aren't affected. *shrugs*

For what it's worth -- we are in an OKW 2-bedroom now and there is a full-size fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter