Reinstating FF miles - cancel ticket

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
Just a little information - the amount that Delta airlines charges for reinstating FF (Skymiles) to your account for a cancelled ticket is going up from $40 to $100 on July 2, 2002.
I have a ticket which I bought with Skymiles for a trip in September to Las Vegas. I no longer can make this trip and called to reinstate my points (I'll save them now for a Florida ticket sometime in the future). I could recall asking when I purchased the ticket what the fee was and was told $40.00, I am told that the fee changes on July 2,2002 to $100.00, the same charge for changing the ticket. Not sure if other airlines are charging the same.
Useful info to someone I hope.

Wow! USAir charges $40 for redeposit, I wonder if theirs will go up too. Can you still makes changes free?

I had to cancel 2 FF tickets to Las Vegas for medical reasons last September. I decided to wait until the last minute in case some miracle came through and we could go. We were scheduled to go September 25th. It worked out that they were reinstating miles for free up until September 25th due to 9/11 and we were able to do it free, they never even asked why.

NWA charges $75. I had to cancel two award travel tickets and they only charged me $75 since I did it at the same time.

I'm pretty sure CO charges $75. I think US Air has gone up to $75, but not positive.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter