Reliable Online Retail Sites

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD and I are taking a "splurge" birthday trip to WDW in August, staying for a long weekend (3 nights) at the Poly. This is SO out of our budget, normally, but she got a great BounceBack offer so we decided to take advantage of it! We want to "dress" the part, so we are looking for women's tropical print dresses and shirts. I see lots of affordable options (read "cheap") online, but I don't know anything about the sites. Temu? Lsoro? There are others, these just come to mind. Have you had any positive or negative experiences with sites like these? Anything you recommend- or recommend avoiding??

My advice is Amazon. I have had great luck with clothes from Amazon and the returns are good. Also another brand that is a bit cheaper but I have had great luck with is Cupshe. It is available also on Amazon. I don't shop at Temu just because I don't really trust it. Shein is another one. I probably shouldn't shop there because it is similar to Temu but it is good for cheap stuff. But the stuff is definitely cheap. And the sizing is weird.

I don't shop much for clothes online unless I'm sure of the size and fit. So I usually only shop through websites of retail stores with which I'm familiar -- JCPenney, Kohl's, Lands End, etc.

My advice is Amazon. I have had great luck with clothes from Amazon and the returns are good. Also another brand that is a bit cheaper but I have had great luck with is Cupshe. It is available also on Amazon. I don't shop at Temu just because I don't really trust it. Shein is another one. I probably shouldn't shop there because it is similar to Temu but it is good for cheap stuff. But the stuff is definitely cheap. And the sizing is weird.
Clothing fit can be so hit or miss, I like to make sure there's an easy free return system (like Amazon) or I can return in store (like most department stores with online ordering).

I have ordered once from Shein and quality and size were all over the place. It was super cheap, though.

I shop Temu and size is hard to determine.
I have gotten several nice tops and some that were way too big or way too small.
But I get a lot of other things from there too.

I would go Amazon, at least they are faster and returns are fast and easy

I personally avoid the Amazon-killers (Temu, Shein, etc.) because their only focus is cheap. As noted, quality and accuracy are all over the map. Even at Amazon, I restrict myself to brands that exist in the brick-and-mortar world for the same reason.

If you are willing to splurge on a piece go with Reyn Spooner. They are NOT cheap. But they are VERY nice. If you want something a little more affordable but still good (and sometimes with a Disney-esque theme) take a look at Jeff Granito. He is an artist/designer, and sources his products from other manufacturers. We haven't ordered clothing from him, but we have ordered other things, all of high quality.

Shop Disney also sometimes has aloha wear; it will generally be less than Granito.

I have bought a lot from Amazon with great luck. I have also bought a couple dresses from Shein to wear to a couple weddings. The sizing is funky (based on Chinese sizes apparently), but for the price, I am very happy with the dresses. I just did a return of one dress and it actually was pretty easy (print the label and then drop it off at the post office and about a week later I got notified of the refund being processed).

We rely on Amazon for a lot of this kind of stuff, but my kids have also used Shein. I prefer Amazon because it's faster, easier to return/exchange, and the reviews are pretty reliable for sizing. Not that any of it is amazing quality, but the options are Amazon are usually sturdier than what's on Shein. We've used Temu too, but usually more for accessories. H&M, which you may also have locally, can also be reliable for things like this.

I've ordered a few things from Shein for my daughter and they were very cheaply made. Think trendy clothing not intended to last beyond the trend.

If you have the time and can through a little more money at it (or want some pieces you might wear again) look at the resale sites. I have great luck with Poshmark, but there are others. Also, if there is a particular brand you like (I love Lilly Pulitzer for instance) and are on Facebook, you can look for a resale group and really get some deals if you have time and patience

https://www.rsvlts.com/ also has some Disney Hawaiian type shirts. You also might be able to get some used ones eBay from someone who bought them just to wear in the parks but got home and realized it wasn't their style IRL.

DD and I are taking a "splurge" birthday trip to WDW in August, staying for a long weekend (3 nights) at the Poly. This is SO out of our budget, normally, but she got a great BounceBack offer so we decided to take advantage of it! We want to "dress" the part, so we are looking for women's tropical print dresses and shirts. I see lots of affordable options (read "cheap") online, but I don't know anything about the sites. Temu? Lsoro? There are others, these just come to mind. Have you had any positive or negative experiences with sites like these? Anything you recommend- or recommend avoiding??
My daughter asked me about shopping Temu/Shien after being introduced to it from a friend. I looked into it and told her no. Even Clark Howard did a podcast about them. We went on a cruise last year and I bought a lot from QVC. They have gotten more expensive (what hasn't) and I don't know what you want to spend. Go to QVC.com and enter in search bar: Belle ponch (really pretty light weight ponchos in pretty prints including tropical prints, just saw one today on clearance for $33). Also search: Denim & Co beach pants. I have several of these. Very popular and soooo comfortable. Again, in prints I think you're looking for. Also search: Denim & Co. linen crop pants. I'd also suiggest Costco. They have nice linen pants and I saw hawaii shirts. Inventory always changing there. Yes, there's always Amazon. I like their fast shipping and easy returns but, for me, they're 50/50.

Kohls has some cute Disney Hawaiian shirts for men that won't break the bank, especially if you have a coupon!

There's no reason you can't wear them as a woman, I have several of them!

Sounds great, leebee! Have a great trip. Great resort! Enjoy.

https://www.rsvlts.com/ also has some Disney Hawaiian type shirts. You also might be able to get some used ones eBay from someone who bought them just to wear in the parks but got home and realized it wasn't their style IRL.
I've even seen ones brand new with tags on eBay for way cheaper than on their site.

Would recommend sizing up since I do find them to be shorter length wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter