• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Religious Services over Easter weekend

Mickey Mom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any information about the religious services that are available over the Easter weekend (Good Friday and Easter Sunday specifically)? Our high school band periodically plans trips to Disney to march in various parades, and due to circumstances beyond our control, the band has no choice but to plan a trip over the Easter weekend. I was under the impression that church services are offered at the Contemporary every Sunday, but have not been able to confirm that, and I was wondering if anything special is planned for Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Any information would be appreciated.

PS I hope that this is the correct board to ask this question.
Sorry if it isn't.

I can tell you that Disney has cancelled all regular Sunday church services, and there are no plans to re-instate them at this time. Now, I would be suprised if they didn't offer a service on Christmas and Easter, but you never know. There is a church right outside WDW property that Disney is directing guests to for regular services. I don't think there would be a service on Good Friday on property, only Easter Sunday, if there was going to be one. You'd probably have to go off property for that one. I don't remember the name of the church, but I'm sure somebody here does!!

We found another church in Orlando. It is the Holy FamilyChurch. Sat 5PM Sun 7,8:45, 10:30, 12:15, & 6 PM. The phone # 407 876-2211. It is a little further but it was a nice service. It wasn't a begathon it was a Mass. Hotel Plaza Blvd. to Crossroads, left Apopka-Vineland 10 MI N past Bay Hill, Holy Family Church is on the right.

:( We asked a number of cast members about the cancelation of religious services at the polyenisian and were given several different reasons. A desk clerk at the contemporary said that they were re-building the restaurant at the poly and that the new configuration would not be advantageous to religious services. The gate guard at the poly said that there were so many people coming to the catholic services, and the diocese encompasing the orlando area would not, or could not, send a second priest to conduct a second service any longer, and a lot of guests were complaing to disney about not having a second service and disney got so tired of all of the complaints that they decided to cancel all services altogether. And a cast member from one of the shops said that the actual reason is that disney, under Eisner has become so anti-relogion that they simply ccanceled all of the services at the poly. So you can take your pick as the the reason. My personal choice is the last one.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter