Remember that old ebay vs Amazon thread?

Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics
OK, I am ready to share my experiences from the heart: Go with Amazon! It has been a lot easier for me to have them collect the money and let me know when I can ship. Ebay has been a tragedy! People play dumb and send the auction totals ignoring shipping charges, some don't even pay and unsubscribe, others ignore your payment reminders and/or get upset if you send them warnings after a week! Then, requesting to have fees reimbursed has been a real drag. You have to wait so many days! I have sold a few knick knacks, but in my experience, only about 30% - 40% of sellers weren't problematic.

Just my $0.02

Wanda

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Wanda, I still have not given either of these 2 a try, but when I do, I will keep this in mind.
:)

Thanks for posting your experiences, Humpbacks 1962. I was thinking of trying to sell on e-bay, so I was very interested in what you had to say. Anyone else care to share their e-bay experiences?

I have sold (and bought) tons of stuff on ebay. I can't say that I haven't had any deadbeats, but for the most part, everyone has paid the correct amount in a timely manner. One idea if you are concerned is to require that bidders have a certain feedback level before they are permitted to bid... that way you are guaranteed someone who is an experienced and honest ebayer. As a seller, you can "legally" cancel a bid from someone who bids that doesn't meet your criteria. I personally have never done this, but it seems like a good idea. The bidders who "stiffed" me were those with little or no ebay history. Good Luck!

Thanks Mary
You saved us alot of $$ We originally were paying
$225 plus tax a night at the Contempary.
couldn"t get the $139 a night found you sight to late.
But we ended up payin $170 including taxes.

Thanks so much for your mousesavers sight You are the greatest

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter