• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail1

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Captain Bob, a long time staple of Disney's Yacht Club, passed away on his birthday, this May 18th, in Lake Nona, Fl. Captain Bob, (Robert Buck) was a transplant from London, England, and although he had a varied career, including Train Engineer and Fireman on the British Railway, he was most in his element as Capt. Bob of Disney's Yacht Club Hotel! He absolutely loved his job and he loved Disney! But more than anything, he loved making people smile. Our dad was one of a kind; he will be greatly missed, but fondly remembered by everyone who knew him! Thank you for making him so happy for all those year Disney!! His Celebration of Life will be June 16th, at 3pm, at the Village Walk Town Center in Lake Nona, Florida (Orlando Airport area) I have several photos of Capt Bob but am not able to see how you post them. I will update this as soon as I figure it out!

To the Captain 🥂

Hi everyone! Captain Bob, a long time staple of Disney's Yacht Club, passed away on his birthday, this May 18th, in Lake Nona, Fl. Captain Bob, (Robert Buck) was a transplant from London, England, and although he had a varied career, including Train Engineer and Fireman on the British Railway, he was most in his element as Capt. Bob of Disney's Yacht Club Hotel! He absolutely loved his job and he loved Disney! But more than anything, he loved making people smile. Our dad was one of a kind; he will be greatly missed, but fondly remembered by everyone who knew him! Thank you for making him so happy for all those year Disney!! His Celebration of Life will be June 16th, at 3pm, at the Village Walk Town Center in Lake Nona, Florida (Orlando Airport area) I have several photos of Capt Bob but am not able to see how you post them. I will update this as soon as I figure it out!

To the Captain 🥂
I came across this today because his picture with my children came up on my computer and I wanted to know about him. He was such a happy, wonderful, friendly, human being. He will be missed but thought of often!!! He was a part of Disney. Sending much love.

I remember him. Very helpful, always felt welcome like it was your home and Captain Bob was welcoming you back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter